What's new

Federal cabinet meeting: CounterTerrorism Amended Bill Approved

pkuser2k12

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
وفاقی کابینہ کا اجلاس:انسداد دہشت گردی ترمیمی بل کی منظوری

وفاقی کابینہ کا اجلاس:انسداد دہشت گردی ترمیمی بل کی منظوری​

اسلام آباد(دنیا نیوز)وزیر اعظم نواز شریف کی زیر صدارت اجلاس میں وفاقی کابینہ نے انسداد دہشت گردی ترمیمی بل 2013ء کی منظوری دے دی، کابینہ نے اسلام آباد میں لوکل گورنمنٹ ایکٹ میں ترمیم کے جائزہ کے لیے کمیٹی قائم کر دی ،نواز شریف کہتے ہیں کراچی میں آپریشن کے مثبت نتائج سامنے آئے ہیں۔

وفاقی کابینہ کا اجلاس وزیر اعظم کے دفتر میں صبح 9 بجے شروع ہوا،کابینہ نے انسداد دہشت گردی ترمیمی بل 2013ء کی منظوری دے دی ہے۔،ترمیمی بل وفاقی وزیر زاہد حامد نےپیش کیا۔بل کے تحت تحقیقاتی اداروں کے دائرہ اختیار کو بڑھا دیا گیا ہے۔تمام ججز کو فول پروف سیکورٹی فراہم کی جائے گی،دہشت گردوں کو ایک ماہ کے بجائے 3 ماہ تک زیرحراست رکھا جا سکے گا۔دہشت گردی کے مقدمات جیل میں ویڈیو لنک کے ذریعےچلائے جا سکیں گے۔دہشت گردی کے معاملے کیلئے تحقیقاتی ٹیم فوج، سول فورسز ، خفیہ اداروں اور پولیس پرمشتمل ہو گی۔ایف آئی آر درج کرنے کے 30 روز کے اندر ٹرائل کورٹ میں مقدمہ پیش کیا جا سکے گا۔وزیراعظم نواز شریف نے کابینہ سے خطاب میں کہا کہ کراچی میں آپریشن کے مثبت نتائج سامنے آئے ہیں۔عام آدمی نے بھی تسلیم کیا ہے کراچی میں امن و امان میں بہتری آئی ہے۔

SOURCE:

DUNYA NEWS

http://dunya.com.pk/index.php/dunya-headline/193027_1#.UjxbFD9YWAU

Federal cabinet approves amendments to anti-terrorism laws

523c2e3b87023.jpeg

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.—File Photo

523c2d977b901.jpg
Photo shows Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif chairing a session of the federal cabinet at the PM Secretariat in Islamabad.—APP/File Photo​

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s federal cabinet on Friday approved a draft of amendments to anti-terrorism laws in an effort to further empowering law enforcement agencies for better handling of terror-related cases

The draft bill, which will later be presented before the Parliament for approval, is aimed at curbing the menace of terrorism and giving special powers to security forces. It also provides ensuring protection of witnesses in terrorism cases.

Federal minister Zahid Hamid presented the draft amendments in the session of federal cabinet which was chaired by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif. The bill , which calls for terrorists to be held accountable at all costs, was approved by the cabinet members to be tabled in parliament for further approval.

MAIN POINTS:

1. According to sources, the amendments seek to aid security forces and law enforcement agencies by providing them special prosecution powers in cases related to terrorism.

2. The amendments suggest that witnesses and prosecutors in cases related to terrorism should also be provided security, and that intelligence and security agencies can be requested to provide support during the interrogation of terrorism suspects.

3. The bill also includes an amendment that necessitates swift proceedings in terrorism cases and allows for suspects in such cases to be held in custody for 90 days before being presented in court.

4. According to reports, the cabinet also approved amendments to form special courts for swift proceedings and early disposal of terrorism cases within 30 days.

The federal cabinet also decided to constitute a special committee to review the proposed bill for local bodies system in the federal capital.

In his remarks, Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif expressed satisfaction over the targeted action by Rangers in Karachi saying that it had given some satisfaction to the common man.

The prime minister also asked the federal government to extend all possible cooperation to Sindh government to improve law and order situation in the country’s business hub.

SOURCE:

DAWN NEWS

Federal cabinet approves amendments to anti-terrorism laws - DAWN.COM

The counter terrorism policy has not presented even 60% of solution of current crisis.
We must remember one point very clearly, while preparing counter terrorist policy, that is:

-Pakistan is not having common civil criminal issues.

-Infact,Pakistan is facing much worse type of crisis,that is 'militancy' which is supported and funded by foreign elements,thus this report lacks solution of:

-Dealing with terrorist organizations.

-It has not mentioned any clear policy to LEA sectors against those elements who are favouring such organizations.

-It has not provided any assurance to update the training courses of police and lower rank officers.

-Has not discussed flaws within LEA security sectors.

-Does not propose a 'proper model of counter terrorism policy' like that of Turkey etc to deal with current crisis,sadly

-The policy do provide a united platform to all civil and military sectors,which is excellent and fantastic approach,however,it hasn't represented the policy to treat such criminals and militant organizations.

I predict,this policy will not give fruitful results,and even if it is,then it's positive effect will not be more then 15%.
@Last Hope @nuclearpak @balixd @Secur and others,what do you all think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anti-terrorism Amendment Bill Approved-20 Sep 2013

I was away for past few days due to work related issue, so my apologies...
You are spot on.
but do not confuse Policy with the law.
In the light of this Anti-Terrorism Law, further Policy, Procedures & Systems will be formed.
Selection, Training & Development of Security personnel will be the part of Anti-Terrorism Policy & System.
Law makers have done their work now it is up to the Bureaucrats to do their job and come up with the answers to the questions you have asked, because all of these stand valid and i ask the same.
However question number -4 , what should be done to those Security Personnel who favor such organization, what punishment is for them, whether they are considered a terrorist too or a traitor, that should be defined by the Law.
The counter terrorism policy has not presented even 60% of solution of current crisis.
We must remember one point very clearly, while preparing counter terrorist policy, that is:

-Infact,Pakistan is facing much worse type of crisis,that is 'militancy' which is supported and funded by foreign elements,thus this report lacks solution of:

-It has not mentioned any clear policy to LEA sectors against those elements who are favouring such organizations.

-It has not provided any assurance to update the training courses of police and lower rank officers.

-Does not propose a 'proper model of counter terrorism policy' like that of Turkey etc to deal with current crisis,sadly

-The policy do provide a united platform to all civil and military sectors,which is excellent and fantastic approach,however,it hasn't represented the policy to treat such criminals and militant organizations.

I predict,this policy will not give fruitful results,and even if it is,then it's positive effect will not be more then 15%.

I was away for past few days due to work related issue, so my apologies...
You are spot on.
but do not confuse Policy with the law.
In the light of this Anti-Terrorism Law, further Policy, Procedures & Systems will be formed.
Selection, Training & Development of Security personnel will be the part of Anti-Terrorism Policy & System.
Law makers have done their work now it is up to the Bureaucrats to do their job and come up with the answers to the questions you have asked, because all of these stand valid and i ask the same.
However question number -4 , what should be done to those Security Personnel who favor such organization, what punishment is for them, whether they are considered a terrorist too or a traitor, that should be defined by the Law.

@balixd my friend,I am so not confused,what I am saying that current policy is not effective enough to deal with major crisis.
Just few minutes ago,I was discussing same points with @nuclearpak,especially my main focus is that how cleverly our civil regime has given full authority to rangers,but has not issued a policy to deal with Karachi crisis,remember there is a huge difference between restrictions and policy,goverment has granted authority and finished restriction but has not issued proper policy,as a result of which if anything happenes then entire media will blame our LEA and Rangers.

@balixd my friend,I am so not confused,what I am saying that current policy is not effective enough to deal with major crisis.
Just few minutes ago,I was discussing same points with @nuclearpak,especially my main focus is that how cleverly our civil regime has given full authority to rangers,but has not issued a policy to deal with Karachi crisis,remember there is a huge difference between restrictions and policy,goverment has granted authority and finished restriction but has not issued proper policy,as a result of which if anything happenes then entire media will blame our LEA and Rangers.
oh .....ok, yeah I read the headlines regarding that, but i was busy with some stuff, yes you are right, there was no policy. I doubt they have any definition for Target Killer, Extortionists.
They didnot tell us how rangers are going to identify who is the bad guy and who is the good guy.
At what point are they allowed to shoot and at what point they are to make an arrest.
Is it Shoot at Sight orders or Self Defense killing.

@balixd all the news sources have claimed is that they have granted full access to rangers,they are allowed to handle situation in any way they want,remember..this is a very good political move,as if anything happens then entire media will blame LEA and Rangers even if any political party worker was found guilty got killed by Rangers,then entire media will turn against it,thus our civil authorities will succeed to get out of all sort of blame games,my friend and LEA will suffer of all such blame.
Civil regime must have issued policy according to which anyone found guilty must be arrested and killed no mattter he is senior MNA or middle men of any party.
The current counter terrorism policy is thus not more then a political move.

@balixd all the news sources have claimed is that they have granted full access to rangers,they are allowed to handle situation in any way they want,remember..this is a very good political move,as if anything happens then entire media will blame LEA and Rangers even if any political party worker was found guilty got killed by Rangers,then entire media will turn against it,thus our civil authorities will succeed to get out of all sort of blame games,my friend and LEA will suffer of all such blame.
Civil regime must have issued policy according to which anyone found guilty must be arrested and killed no mattter he is senior MNA or middle men of any party.
The current counter terrorism policy is thus not more then a political move.

haun samjh aye???this is why i was saying keep Military out of this, i knew political leadership would do such petty things. had it been Military you should have seen the outcry from these thugs.
well lets wait and watch, there is nothing we can do about it.
Current Leadership knows how to make news headlines, thats what they are good at

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom