What's new

FGFA: 30% INDIAN IRON

It said Russians already signed a deal with Brazil for PakFa, i thought they were still talking. Its a good move...
it means overall cost can be further reduced ...
that would be a good sign...
if more countries will join this. ...

in the beginning of the project ...

more countries like .. vietnam, malasia, algeria

It said Russians already signed a deal with Brazil for PakFa, i thought they were still talking. Its a good move...

in the beginning of the project ...

more countries like .. vietnam, malasia, algeria

Russia hasn't signed anything. They were talking, but there shall be only two partners now.
The rest will only be customers, cause taking part in a program is not feasible for countries operating small number of aircraft. Out right purchase would be cheaper for them

No russia hasn't signed agreement on PAk FA development with anyother country except india..

Russia can sell PAK FA to any country..
But not FGFA..
But india will not agree to sell FGFA to any country

Russia hasn't signed anything. They were talking, but there shall be only two partners now.
The rest will only be customers, cause taking part in a program is not feasible for countries operating small number of aircraft. Out right purchase would be cheaper for them

No russia hasn't signed agreement on PAk FA development with anyother country except india..

Russia can sell PAK FA to any country..
But not FGFA..
But india will not agree to sell FGFA to any country

Why every one forget that India is providing almost 6 billion dollers for development of both the planes so do you even think that Russia can sale PakFa to any one ??? ( China )

Its better to go R&D than taking everything in knockdown condition.Its late but learning process.

Fielding so many aircrafts from different platforms will be a logistical/technical nightmare for the indian air force. This will significantly hamper effective coordination and mobilization.

Why every one forget that India is providing almost 6 billion dollers for development of both the planes so do you even think that Russia can sale PakFa to any one ??? ( China )

And i dont think China needs PAK-FA any more.. they are developing there requirements on there own.. which we should learn.. i guess Tejas-MK2 and AMCA should be the base platform...

Fielding so many aircrafts from different platforms will be a logistical/technical nightmare for the indian air force. This will significantly hamper effective coordination and mobilization.

yes right becoz its IAF.... but if this is the case for PLAAF or PAF then these conditions wont apply...right..... but we are happy..we ll handle somhow newaz thanks fr the concern :pop:

We are already fielding different Crafts from different companies.. Planners do plan what they want.. Already we are working on common platform for communication and data sharing which DRDO with BEL has been working... Remember Mig 27, P-8i, C-130J, C-17, MKI, Tejas will be carrying same communication devices.. Not sure about Jaguar , Mirage and Mig 29 whether they are having this facility...

I cannot understand these project timelines...why cant India evaluate the aircraft they want to purchase in 6 months instead of 2 years.Infact, larger the order the more urgent the need to close in on the model.

If India cant develop aircrafts why not invest in technology to detect them and also missiles...am not saying that these efforts are not on.But one has to draw a line and prioritise and also drawdown investments that dont bear any fruits.

Its not good enough to learn a Gen old technology.So if in 5 years India can build a 3.5 Gen aircraft at its time of operation it might be facing a 6 Gen aircraft.In other words, Defence manufacturing is not an option but a necessity and this arguement that we have mastered many items that go into making the final product is too ineffective an end result to gloat about.

I dont the issue is one of talent or funds or time.The issues seem to be to with project management and also integrity of the program.

Until India has a 75% indengious fleet of fighters and missles and radars logistics will be a nitemare.

thats the price you pay for slow developments

Dhru helo, Tejas LCA , Akash sams, brahmos cruise missles are a Start.

Lets see where we go by 2020

@ storm force
you are right. but with low funds r&d will suffer. we should change education system and should offer big packages to scientists in drdo. in 20 years we will leave china behind.

We are already facing this nightmare. Lets see what will happen in future but IAF plans to reduce the no.of platforms.

Its not for us. It is for them. Our spending is fixed. Now they are trying to further decrease their spending by including more members.

The rest will only be customers, cause taking part in a program is not feasible for countries operating small number of aircraft.
That is also true. But there are some european countries and even israel that might be interested in this fighter and who might participate in the project.

I dont understand how cross platform integration can be carried out effectively. But if it works...by all means, go ahead.

Back
Top Bottom