What's new

Field Info - Flood Areas - Mosquitoes & Police

R2D2

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Field information Input:
Aerial spraying against mosquitoes is required as clouds of mosquitoes in flood areas.
Source
twitter.com/_AnasAbdullah/…

Anas انس

@_AnasAbdullah

My brother came back after spending 7 days in flood affected areas of Sindh. Sharing his few first hand experiences for public consumption. 1. Sindh Police is creating hurdles for trucks and vehicles loaded with relief goods. At many places they allow only after taking bribe 1/n

2. Most of the relief organisations and individuals are on the main roads or main towns. Very few or none are in deep areas where people are still stuck in flood water. They have nothing to eat at all, just waiting helplessly. 2/n3

3. On some places strangely one side of land completely immersed in water and the other side have grown crops intact. So yeah, the floods were managed so that crops of influential people can be saved 3/n

4. There are almost no signal in vast area, as there's no electricity since many days so if you are planning to go, be prepared. 5. The size and magnitude of mosquitoes is beyond imagination, my brother said "mosquitoes travelling like hurricane". Mospel is must

6. My brother and his friends on their went deep inside, wandered in around 200 kms in 7 days, some times in water as deep as their neck. 7. Political Elite of Sindh creating hurdles and using police to use relief goods for their vested interests.

I am amazed how Karachites are helping for flood relief, everyone I know in Karachi either going to affected area on their own/ with some organisation or participating in funds, goods collection or helping in sorting of goods collected, least of all donating. Karachi you rock!

Pro tip: Wherever police stop, they start making their videos and showing as they are live on Facebook. This is the only way you can bypass without giving bribe. But most of the time they use long routes and avoid main roads to by pass Sindh Police. #FloodReliefOperations twitter.com/_AnasAbdullah/…

Its sad, but expected. We cant stop rains, but we can manage the water, yet every 10/15 years there are massive floods.

3. On some places strangely one side of land completely immersed in water and the other side have grown crops intact. So yeah, the floods were managed so that crops of influential people can be saved 3/n
Wow... They deliberately punished poor to save few pennies of elite.. This heartless attitude in democracy. No fear of people's anger?

Sindh used to have substantial following of left wing... What happened?

I saw a video where a swarm of mosquitoes was making the whole area black as if it was smoke.

The govt should immediately start anti-mosquito sprays through aircraft. Askari aviation and one other company already have the capability (and they have been used for locust sprays as well). PA/PAF Mushak can also be used for this.

Back
Top Bottom