Country
Pakistan
17991026_1644379648920656_3505024728147748848_n.jpg

GIDS-REK-01.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-16_8-36-46.jpeg
    upload_2017-4-16_8-36-46.jpeg
    7.9 KB · Views: 284
How does it fly with wings on lower side of bomb as seen attached to pylon or it inverts automatically when dropped and wings come on upper side. I know drawings are for upper side just confirming

How does it fly with wings on lower side of bomb as seen attached to pylon or it inverts automatically when dropped and wings come on upper side. I know drawings are for upper side just confirming
It corrects and wings deploy, this is all done by inertial mechanism.

any video of this missile
It is a glide bomb, A percision attack weapon.
I am not sure if any video of this specific system is available but you can watch JDAM videos to get a better understanding.

Is it domestically developed?

Yes!
By a private firm in Pakistan named Global Industrial and Defense Solutions (GIDS).
The REK (Range Extension Kit) is a kit for converting MK-80-series general purpose bombs (GPB) into satellite-aided inertial navigation system (GPS/INS)-guided bombs. In addition to the guidance unit, the REK is comprised of a tail-unit with aerodynamic control surfaces and glide wings which extends the range. As per GIDS, the REK has a range of 50-60 km and accuracy of less than 20m CEP.
GIDS-REK-02-768x778.png

It is a glide bomb, A percision attack weapon.
I am not sure if any video of this specific system is available but you can watch JDAM videos to get a better understanding.

There was, The member who posted the video got banned and video deleted from dailymotion account. SS from the deleted video

capture-image-png.384741

Yes!
By a private firm in Pakistan named Global Industrial and Defense Solutions (GIDS).
The REK (Range Extension Kit) is a kit for converting MK-80-series general purpose bombs (GPB) into satellite-aided inertial navigation system (GPS/INS)-guided bombs. In addition to the guidance unit, the REK is comprised of a tail-unit with aerodynamic control surfaces and glide wings which extends the range. As per GIDS, the REK has a range of 50-60 km and accuracy of less than 20m CEP.
View attachment 392180
Bravo ! Thanks for sharing.:tup:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom