What's new

First Deep Sea Fishing Trawler Made in Bangladesh

I don't know why we revived a 12 year old thread - but oh well.

Western Marine has since made well over a dozen of these 40m trawlers. These small 40m Trawlers don't fish in "deep sea". They fish in shallow littoral seas.

They are currently making a true "Deep Sea" Pelagic Trawling "Purse Seiner" 80 foot trawler for a foreign customer. That is 50% done. First one of many...

Photo of model
View attachment 970037

View attachment 970038

Hull being completed
View attachment 970039

View attachment 970040

L.O: 80.30m B.M: 17.00m
Depth: 9.60m Draught: 8.10m RSW Tanks: 3250m3 F.O: 430m3
Beautiful ship, congrats brothers.

Also makes me sad that Pak once upon a time in the 80-90s used to build commercial bulk carriers and now look where we are.

Sad state of affairs that effects 240 million Pakistanis.
May Allah have mercy on us as we have none for ourselves.

The Coast Guard have four older ex-Italian Navy "Leader class" OPVs which are corvette sized, these can patrol deep waters I believe.

View attachment 978040

And there are plans to buy new OPVs - as DefSeca reported, but how far you can believe these guys - is anyone's guess...

We also heard about Waterjet equipped and GFRP-hulled Turkish OPVs being inducted in 2021. No news since then. Defseca at the time said these batch of nine 50m & 40m vessels were to be built in Bangladesh and the sizes were possibly to be enlarged to more than 50m.

View attachment 978068
What's the biggest tonnage ship BD has produced till now.

The Coast Guard have four older ex-Italian Navy "Leader class" OPVs which are corvette sized, these can patrol deep waters I believe.

View attachment 978040

And there are plans to buy new OPVs - as DefSeca reported, but how far you can believe these guys - is anyone's guess...

We also heard about Waterjet equipped and GFRP-hulled Turkish OPVs being inducted in 2021. No news since then. Defseca at the time said these batch of nine 50m & 40m vessels were to be built in Bangladesh and the sizes were possibly to be enlarged to more than 50m.

View attachment 978068

Beautiful ship, congrats brothers.

Shukriya brother. :-)

The largest tanker or bulk carrier produced until today is 8000 tons (DWT) for JSW.

1699639061503.png

1699639486176.png

1699640122388.png

Many of these weight/displacement class were built for German/Scandinavian market. Here is one 6500 DWT Bulk Carrier built in Bangladesh in 2012 on the EMS river in NordRhine/Westphalia in Germany.
1699640061034.png

During Build on Chittagong slipway
1699640354734.png

Here is a 6500 DWT diesel carrier being built for a Gulf Arabian shipping company right now
1699639270718.png

Local yards specialize in producing ships of this smaller size so far but some companies are building larger yards to build ships up to 15000 tons in the near future.

Last edited:
Shukriya brother. :-)

The largest tanker or bulk carrier produced until today is 8000 tons (DWT) for JSW.

View attachment 981382

View attachment 981409

View attachment 981471

Many of these weight/displacement class were built for German/Scandinavian market. Here is one 6500 DWT Bulk Carrier built in Bangladesh in 2012 on the EMS river in NordRhine/Westphalia in Germany.
View attachment 981466
During Build on Chittagong slipway
View attachment 981496

Here is a 6500 DWT diesel carrier being built for a Gulf Arabian shipping company right now
View attachment 981390

Local yards specialize in producing ships of this smaller size so far but some companies are building larger yard to build ships up to 15000 tons in the near future.
Bro what does sinhagad mean?

Also does hangor actually mean shark in Bengali ?

View attachment 978040

View attachment 978068
I heard that Bangladesh navy has a plan to build more than a dozen OPV in CDDL. Shouldn't we build some OPV for Coast Guard as well?

I heard that Bangladesh navy has a plan to build more than a dozen OPV in CDDL. Shouldn't we build some OPV for Coast Guard as well?
We should - but the four Italian build Leader class OPV's we have should suffice for now for deep sea patrols. The Coast Guard does have a plan for expansion for new OPVs (especially with ToT with Turkish yards), don't know if they made changes or deviated from the plan. CDDL plan is I believe shelved for now, Coast Guard OPVs and Naval Frigates were both planned there, maybe the plan changed.

Bro what does sinhagad mean?

Also does hangor actually mean shark in Bengali ?

Sinhagad is a fort in India near Pune. The 8000 DWT builds were for Jindal Steel works in India for their purchase of four intracoastal vessels.

Hangor does mean Shark in Bengali.

Last edited:
Coast Guard OPVs and Naval Frigates were both planned there, maybe the plan changed.
The plan has been delayed because CDDL is not capable of building high performance frigate and OPV. I heard that the navy is upgrading CDDL with new tools and machineries to build frigates and OPVs. I am worried because if Hasina comes to power again she might give the contract to some Indian shipyards.

The plan has been delayed because CDDL is not capable of building high performance frigate and OPV. I heard that the navy is upgrading CDDL with new tools and machineries to build frigates and OPVs. I am worried because if Hasina comes to power again she might give the contract to some Indian shipyards.

This woman in unbelievable!

She definitely needs to go.

She will sell us down the river to India until we are a vassal state like Bhutan or Nepal (to some degree).

Even the Nepalese have balls in some cases (they say no to India) which we don't.

I know the Kolkata Indian Navy yard is chomping at the bit to get our orders - they have been scouting for ages.

Meanwhile our Dhaka Naval Yard and KSY will be sitting idle, not to mention half a dozen private yards in CTG who build naval ships.

What is the definition of patriotism to these people, ordering everything from India ? Can you believe this ?

These BAL people should burn in hell !

This woman in unbelievable!

She definitely needs to go.

She will sell us down the river to India until we are a vassal state like Bhutan or Nepal (to some degree).

Even the Nepalese have balls in some cases (they say no to India) which we don't.

I know the Kolkata Indian Navy yard is chomping at the bit to get our orders - they have been scouting for ages.

Meanwhile our Dhaka Naval Yard and KSY will be sitting idle, not to mention half a dozen private yards in CTG who build naval ships.

What is the definition of patriotism to these people, ordering everything from India ? Can you believe this ?

These BAL people should burn in hell !
We also give orders to Bangladeshi companies to build our ships. Why this bitterness? You should pass on what you don't have expertise in building.

We also give orders to Bangladeshi companies to build our ships. Why this bitterness? You should pass on what you don't have expertise in building.
If Hasina wants to give contracts to build cargo ships to some Indian shipyards, I won't mind. But contract to build battleships must be given to Bangladeshi shipyards like CDDL and KSY. If they can't do the job then Hasina should give the contract to some Chinese shipyards as China has been our defense ally for so many years.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom