What's new

First Iranian Active Protection System (hard kill) successfully tested on Zulfiqar tank

I know article is meant for internal consumption but..

Turkiye
akkor.jpg

did it first
pH0N8hZ.jpg

If anything, this turkish one is for internal consumption.
All I see is some mock up with no evidence/vid of it being tested etc. Don't claim you did something first until you can provide proper evidence of it working. The Iranian one will be shown with evidence of its testing longe before we see any such thing from the turks. I guarantee it.

Excellent!

Are they gonna install both versions(pulse doppler and phased array radars)or they gonna choose only one of them?

NATO

The phased array version is the more advanced system and hence will probably be the one used in the end. But if the pulse Doppler one works well (and I am assuming it is cheaper), they will probably use that too for smaller vehicles etc.

You will probably see them mounted on Syrian tanks soon.

However, in a bigger scale, now the tanks are vulnerable to anti-radiation missiles as they have an active radar on them.

Imagine tiny micro missile with anti radiation warheads that will be used to seek and destroy these APS radars :D

Turkey is a member of Nato so they share technologies they have with Turkey,just like most of Turkish military systems and projects!

On Topic: This is a great achievement for Iran but the question remains which tank will actually get to use it? The article mentions Zulfiqar but wasnt Iran already working on the newer Karrar tank?
It's an accessory, for now it has been tested on a Zolfaghar.

Iran Tests Home-Made Active Protection System on Zolfaqar Tanks
13950728000939_PhotoI.jpg

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iran tested its first home-made Active Protection System (APS) mounted on Zolfaqar tanks on Wednesday.
An APS is a system (usually for a military application) designed to prevent line-of-sight guided anti-tank missiles/projectiles from acquiring and/or destroying a target using radars.

The home-made APS has been produced and tested based on the pulse-doppler radar system and its weapon is also of firewall type.

The system can be mounted on all armored vehicles and tanks.

The engineering sample of the APS has been built based on the phased-array radar system and the primary tests have been carried out successfully.

Both of the APSs which are based on the pulse-doppler radar and phased-array radar systems are equipped with four arms systems and can cover a full circle (360 degrees) of sight.

http://en.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13950728001213

There is another tank under development !!!

Karrar is T-72 upgrade...

I hope so, can't keep having different types of MBT all over the military. Need one and stick with it, work on it and improve it all the time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom