What's new

Flipkart Gets Record Funding, Aims to Become $100 Billion Firm

So flip kart is indias answer to amazon? Are they available throughout india? Outside india? What ecommerce platform do they use, bespoke or off the shelf?
Available mostly in metropolitan cities I guess. Not out side India definitely. No idea about last two questions.

So flip kart is indias answer to amazon? Are they available throughout india? Outside india? What ecommerce platform do they use, bespoke or off the shelf?

1. Yes.
2. Yes. They have their own logistics company, where they are not present gets delivered through partners.
3. No.
4. Custom built internally.

I really wonder, how Flipkart managed to be a billion dollar enterprise in a short span, which was started at just 4lakh rupees(hardly 8000USD). Still what's even more surprising is their timely delivery and the way packing is, I have made 15+ orders thru flipkart, all were delivered well with in time, even electronic goods & mobile phones were delivered without a single scratch on it. Even ebay can't compete Flipkart, i had experience with both. I wont be surprised, with this star quality even if they become a world No1 ecommerce company with in next 10 years.

Thats because, they have their own logistics company and also hold inventory and manage their own packaging. Hence, they are not dependent entirely on the seller, since they themselves sell under WS Retail name.

I buy most of my stuff from them, PC games and books,
Very good service and cash on delivery system is good option,
although i heard this was stopped for some cities and states because the people there would order pay cash on delivery but wouldn't pay up when they received the stuff ,in effect fooling the company and wasting the time, money,logistics involved.
I don't know if this problem is solved.
But they have excellent service in metros, tier II and tier III cities.

They should include more games, books and other stuff in their website, when you compare it with Amazon.
I would like to see online game e- recharges , to be able to buy monthly subscription for online games etc. like a major gaming portal along with combo packs and offers

Certain areas are no-go for CoD. The problem like you mentioned is with returns. In a typical ecommerce environment you would have close to 30% returns on CoD. And when you take into consideration, the low margins and high return costs, does not make sense.

Still a minnow,need to grow bigger and faster in today's fast-changing world。

India has enormous potential in e-commerce。Don't let the foreign vultures make the best of it。

flipkart is in deep shit, EC is sending it notice for FDI rules violation

Back
Top Bottom