What's new

Former Spymaster Faiz Hameed Under House Arrest, Claims Asad Toor

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

The ex-DG ISI who was Imran Khan's top choice for the powerful post of Chief of Army Staff (COAS) is suspected to be the brains behind PTI's fatal miscalculation on May 9, according to journalist Asad Toor.​

IMG-20230614-WA0000.jpg

Lieutenant General (retired) Faiz Hameed, who served as director general of Pakistan’s Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) agency during the Imran Khan government from June 2019 to November 2021, has reportedly been placed under house arrest a little over two weeks ago. The former spymaster is under renewed scrutiny for allegedly playing a central role in the incidents of violence and arson that unfolded across Pakistan on May 9.

Journalist Asad Ali Toor made this revelation in his latest vlog, where he reiterated his previous report from March 2023 in which he said Lt Gen (retd) Faiz Hameed could potentially be arrested soon.

As he clarified his earlier scoop, Toor said that after his assertion about a decision being made to arrest Lt Gen (retd) Faiz, a news story came to the fore regarding a complaint being filed in the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) pertaining to the retired Pakistan Army general’s corruption and accumulation of assets beyond means.

Toor says that former prime minister Imran Khan’s claims of not being responsible for the May 9 fiasco are not plausible. “It would be believable if the mob ‘went out of control’ just in Lahore, but mobs went out of control in Gujranwala cantonment, at Multan cantonment, at ISI offices in Faisalabad and Rawalpindi, even at the GHQ,” Toor postulates as he lists the major targets attacked on May 9, before asking “why did the mobs only target the cantonment areas? Why did PTI workers only target military installations?”

“It means that, at some level, Imran Khan had conveyed his directions that if anything happened to him, his followers should target military facilities in every city,” Toor purports. “It also means the mob was led to these places in all the different cities,” Toor says, adding that “the PTI also had some assurances from the inside, that if they attack military sites and corps commanders’ residences and the GHQ, it would cause so much chaos that the army would itself remove General Asim Munir – the incumbent Chief of Army Staff (COAS) who was abroad on an official trip at the time – in an internal coup”.

Toor then clarifies that, “there was definitely an assurance of that sort given to PTI from within the army, and according to sources, it was most likely Lt Gen (retd) Faiz Hameed who secured this assurance for them”.

According to media reports, a team “specially trained” by the former ISI chief was on the ground alongside PTI workers committing arson and vandalism in multiple locations across the country on May 9. While these arsonists and saboteurs are already in custody, no formal charges have been filed publicly against any senior Pakistan Army officer so far. It is speculated that close to 200 Pakistan Army personnel – commissioned officers and non-commissioned officials, both serving and retired – are currently facing court martial inquiries because of their suspected role in the May 9 riots.

Along with Lt Gen (retd) Faiz Hameed, it is being widely rumoured that former Lahore corps commander Lt Gen Salman Ghani is also under inquiry for his failure to protect and defend Jinnah House, his official residence as Pakistan Army’s top military commander in Lahore, a city that borders Pakistan’s archrival India to the east.

It had been reported in April that Lt Gen (retd) Faiz was distancing himself from Imran Khan and the PTI in order to “seek forgiveness” from his parent institution, the Pakistan Army. However, it now seems that all attempts by the former ISI chief to “mend fences” with the miltablishment – which he himself was a part of until late last year – have been rendered futile.

Toor went on to claim that ever since the May 9 plan to incite a mutiny within the Pakistan Army failed, and Imran Khan’s strategy to remove Gen Asim Munir turned out to be nothing more than a miscalculation, it has since transpired that Lt Gen (retd) Faiz Hameed was a crucial participant in the planning and execution of that fatal miscalculation.

“What has changed before and after May 9,” Toor asks as he refers to dwindling social media support for Khan and PTI, and politicians leaving him in droves after May 9. “Something has definitely changed since then,” Toor insinuates in reference to the ‘hidden hands’ within the fractured Pakistani deep state who kept PTI intact and relevant between April 2022 and May 2023.

“Sources say that Lt Gen (retd) Faiz Hameed has been intimated by the top brass that he cannot leave his residence in Chakwal, he cannot freely meet or communicate with people, and he should sit at home until such time that the army’s high command takes a decision in his matter,” Toor revealed.

Toor speculates that if the decision is made to court martial the former ISI chief, then he will be “picked up from his residence in Chakwal and handed over to JAG Branch”, but if he is not found guilty then he will be free to do as he pleases.

“Lt Gen (retd) Faiz Hameed is sequestered in his home, he cannot meet anyone nor can anyone come to meet him, and he cannot attend any weddings or funerals, till further orders from army chief General Asim Munir,” Asad Toor concludes.

These characters should be dealt with iron hands.

For months, the so called "deep state" tolerated IK's unhinged, probably baseless, rhetoric against senior army officers and Supreme Court officials.

Obviously, he had to be 'silenced.' And attacking military installations was the last straw.

Now, I'm not saying things here are all roses and rainbows. But it's not exactly the law of the jungle, either.

Plus, it's not like Imran Khan himself is a saint. Army was the one who catapulted him to the P.M chair and I didn't hear him complaining about muh democracy. The army silenced PMLN, sent Nawaz Sharif running to London, and forced media houses to represent him in a positive light. I'm not making things up out of my arse here, BTW. That's what BBC has reported.

And now he's begging the U.S - the same country he was spewing venom at - to pull him out of this mess... all in the name of democracy.

Seeing him is like a seeing a child throwing a temper tantrum.

For months, the so called "deep state" tolerated IK's unhinged, probably baseless, rhetoric against senior army officers and Supreme Court officials.

Obviously, he had to be 'silenced.' And attacking military installations was the last straw.

Now, I'm not saying things here are all roses and rainbows. But it's not exactly the law of the jungle, either.

Plus, it's not like Imran Khan himself is a saint. Army was the one who catapulted him to the P.M chair and I didn't hear him complaining about muh democracy. The army silenced PMLN, sent Nawaz Sharif running to London, and forced media houses to represent him in a positive light. I'm not making things up out of my arse here, BTW. That's what BBC has reported.

And now he's begging the U.S - the same country he was spewing venom at - to pull him out of this mess... all in the name of democracy.

Bhai Truth Always Prevails.

^^ An Islamofascist and patwari enter a bar…

On a more serious note.

A classic coup in Pakistan used to be the army taking over civilian leadership. Now Imran Khan changed the definition….a civilian instigated disgruntled military personnel to act against the junta…that is unprecedented if you ask me. It’s a shame it failed, but in the grander scheme of things the entire country has learned a few things:

1. The military is a fraud and does not have Pakistan’s interests at heart

2. That most self proclaimed “liberals” in Pakistan are not liberals at all, but rather elite upper class scum who have a long history of licking the establishment’s feet to maintain their privileges in society.

3. All political parties and their leaders become pro and anti military depending on where they stand with the GHQ. Now the PPP and PMLN love the military….they’ve been doing this since 1988. They wait on the sides like beggars waiting for the GHQ to put them into power.

Had Khan succeeded it would have changed the trajectory of Pakistan’s future for the better….loosening the hold of army on the country.

But the damage has been done. Psychologically the military has lost the hearts and minds of the people.

Agree need to be punished with iron hands like we did mujeeb ur rehman and Fatima Jinnah

The original ghaddar that created all Pakistani subsequent problems
Dxnbmi9W0AAyX9Y.jpg

When you confront them with questions or evidence, they run away. Lol.

Talk about irony, heh!

You and your kind quickly revert to personal, ad hominem attacks without bothering to debunk any of the points I make.

Read my comment again, cupcake. Point out what I said was wrong.

I'm all ears! Plus, I also happen to be apolitical so a fair reasonable lad, all things considered.

One of the perks of the truth.

Well it looks like Faiz hameed really helped IK in his personal capacity. But he did something good which shows his sincerity with the country and it's constitution.

Imran Khan has been saying since 2013, wo ai ga wo ai ga. He's got General Faiz Hameed in trouble aswel as himself. He's a politican, should play it wisely.

Read my comment again, cupcake. Point out what I said was wrong.
Where do we even start?

Its not clear what or who you are putting in the right here. Your statements have such brazen contradiction. At one point you are saying that the deep state was tolerating IK's 'baseless' rhetoric. In the same breath you are saying that the same deep state was responsible for political engineering and regime change earlier. All neutral and some even anti-PTI analysts are clearly saying that the regime change was initiated by the establishment:
Many other articles. Heck, Bajwa himself came out citing how much the establishment was involved in politics, how they wanted IK to change the Punjab CM. So which baseless rhetoric are you talking about?

As for SC, what are you even talking about? SC has been widely criticized by PDM as being too pro-PTI.
Every speech of Maryam Nawaz lambasts SC CJP and other judges. Contrast that to what IK was pulled down for (implying that a reference will be filed against the lady judge of a minor court) and you will see who is using the rhetoric.

Bloody hell. You need to be evaluated for Stockholm Syndrome. A public property which was arguably 'occupied' immorally, if not illegally, by the establishment has been declared to be a military installation. Lets call it for what it was - a 'residence' occupied by an army officer. Did not see such a massive reaction when terrorists entered an airforce base and blew up Orions.

He is talking directly to the establishment's masters. Talking to the same people who openly say we can simply bribe the military. Even if you were to characterize it as begging (even though it is lobbying), I would prefer begging over accepting bribes.
A journalist has been subjected to an enforced disappearance, the court is powerless in trying to retrieve him and you are saying it not the law of the jungle. Such things happen largely in bottom of the barrel African countries.

At one point you are saying that the deep state was tolerating IK's 'baseless' rhetoric.

Imran Khan rhetoric wasn't just limited to regime shift, now was it?!

They guy has made so many u-turns that it's hard to keep track of them all, heh! Here's a list of his 80 u-turns and counting:

Now, obviously, we all know who kicked his arse. But that's about the extent of it.

Every speech of Maryam Nawaz lambasts SC CJP and other judges.

No one cares about that chick, heh! Also:

“Pakistan Army is my institution. We will definitely talk, but within the ambit of the Constitution. Neither side will try to overstep the crease. Also, such negotiations would be held in public, not in secret,” Maryam said. “I am not against the institution, but this government will have to go home then we move forward [on negotiations]."

At least she knows her place!

A journalist has been subjected to an enforced disappearance, the court is powerless in trying to retrieve him and you are saying it not the law of the jungle.

Do we know that for a fact?

A public property which was arguably 'occupied' immorally, if not illegally, by the establishment has been declared to be a military installation.

But then what about the dozens of cars and motorcycles that were burnt on 9th May?

Were they "illegally occupied" too?!

Besides, who gave PTI the right to burn "public property"?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom