'Fort Hood shooter had links with Pakistan'

TaimiKhan

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
'Fort Hood shooter had links with Pakistan'
Saturday, 14 Nov, 2009

FORT HOOD, Texas: The Army psychiatrist charged with killing 13 people in a shooting spree at Fort Hood made or accepted wire transfers with Pakistan, a Republican congressman said Friday.

Texas Rep. Michael McCaul, the ranking GOP member of the House Homeland Security Intelligence Subcommittee, said people outside the intelligence community with direct knowledge of the transfers also told him Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan also had communications with Pakistan.

'He may have friends or relatives or whatever and this could be totally (innocent),' McCaul said in a telephone interview. 'But if he is wiring money to Pakistan, that could be terrorist financing. If he was receiving money from Pakistan, that is more significant.'

McCaul said he does not know the direction of the transfers and communications, only that they passed between Hasan and Pakistan. He said the lack of additional information is why Congress should launch an investigation.

Hasan, 39, was charged Thursday with 13 counts of premeditated murder in a military court, and Army investigators have said he could face additional charges. His attorney, John Galligan, has said prosecutors have not yet told him whether they plan to seek the death penalty.

A pair of civilian police officers responding to last week's attack, in which 43 people were also injured, including 34 with gunshot wounds, shot Hasan four times. Recovering in the intensive care unit at San Antonio's Brooke Army Medical Center, Hasan has told his attorney he has no feeling in his legs and extreme pain in his hands.

Galligan said doctors have told Hasan he may be permanently paralyzed from the waist down. He called his client's medical condition 'extremely serious' and said Hasan didn't flinch when Galligan touched his leg during a meeting Thursday, when one of Hasan's relatives was able to see him for the first time since he was hospitalized.

Hospital spokesman Dewey Mitchell said he could not confirm whether Hasan was paralyzed, since Hasan has directed hospital officials not to release any information about his condition or injuries.

The question of how Hasan spent his Army salary stems from the apparently frugal lifestyle he lived both in the small city of Killeen, Texas, outside of Fort Hood, and in the Washington, DC, suburbs when stationed at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. In Texas, he lived in an apartment that cost $350 a month and drove a 2006 Honda.

As an Army major with more than 12 years of service, Hasan earns just over $92,000 a year in basic pay and housing and food allowances, according to pay tables from the Defense Finance and Accounting Service. Hasan's gross monthly salary is $6,325.50 a month, or $75,906 annually. He also gets $1,128 a month for a housing allowance and $223 a month for meals, which adds up to another $16,212 a year.

Military psychiatrists may also receive as much as $20,000 a year in incentive pay, according to the tables. But to get the bonus, they must meet certain requirements, such as agreeing to remain on active duty for at least one year after accepting the award. Hasan's Army records are sealed due to the ongoing investigation, and it isn't clear if he was eligible for the bonus or agreed to the conditions.

President Barack Obama has ordered a review of all intelligence related to Hasan and whether the information was properly shared and acted upon within government agencies. Several members of Congress, particularly Rep. Peter Hoekstra, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, have also called for a full examination of what agencies knew about Hasan's contacts with a radical Muslim cleric in Yemen and others of concern to the US.

Hoekstra confirmed this week that government officials knew about 10 to 20 e-mails between Hasan and the radical imam, beginning in December 2008.

A joint terrorism task force overseen by the FBI learned late last year of Hasan's repeated contact with the cleric, who encouraged Muslims to kill US troops in Iraq. The FBI said the task force did not refer early information about Hasan to superiors because it concluded he wasn't linked to terrorism.

My comments: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Has the US army and military intelligence become blind in one eye ? For the Congressman to be making all these claims about Hasan and stating that the military or military intelligence knew about them is simply dumbfounding

LOL

Now I'd hear that he had been to Palestine sometime back and from where he got in touch with al Qaeda and started working for them. Such funny statements keep coming on regular basis :rofl:

A person just like Nidal can't have any links with al Qaeda sort of extremist organization. It makes no sense to me that Nidal -- who is a Major in US Army and certainly a could-be-extremely-useful-man for al Qaeda being in US Army -- al Qaeda will use their precious man for just in small sort of rampage. Absolutely makes no sense. Al Qaeda can't infiltrate in such services that easily, and of course, anyone working on such ranks in such departments is a precious man for al Qaeda itself and they will never want a 'Major' to get expire or get caught in small incidences like Fort Hood rampage.

None of you have heard anything related to the actual investigation.

Planet Warrior, where in the article does the congressman state what army intelligence knew? Anywhere?

Read-

"Texas Rep. Michael McCaul, the ranking GOP member of the House Homeland Security Intelligence Subcommittee, said people outside the intelligence community with direct knowledge of the transfers also told him Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan also had communications with Pakistan.

'He may have friends or relatives or whatever and this could be totally (innocent),' McCaul said in a telephone interview. 'But if he is wiring money to Pakistan, that could be terrorist financing. If he was receiving money from Pakistan, that is more significant.'

McCaul said he does not know the direction of the transfers and communications, only that they passed between Hasan and Pakistan. He said the lack of additional information is why Congress should launch an investigation."

All that's been determined that's so far come out is that there is cause to investigate. Thirteen people have died at the hands of one man and whether it was a criminal act or one of terrorism remains to be determined by the process of I-N-V-E-S-T-I-G-A-T-I-O-N.

We'd be fools to do otherwise and so it shall be. That seems fair enough and nothing less than what your own governments would also do. All speculation is plausible but none is a confirmed fact.

I suppose this kind of commentary is to be expected but doesn't do credit to neither your faculties of logic nor sense of fair play. We will investigate this man and determinine as much as we can about him to build evidence and try him for his "alleged" crimes.

My sense is he'll receive a very fair trial for a man found with two smoking guns and bodies galore lying about him. Frankly, the outcome is pre-determined IMV, short of Hasan angling an innocent by insanity plea. What lies behind his motivations for such a heinous crime deserves our full attention.

To that end, the rest of you can simply piss off as WE DON'T CARE.

TAIMIKHAN: Where's the link please, Mr. think-tanky?

Thanks.:usflag:

hahahahahha... now such things make me laugh,
dont u guys think world is getting funny every passing day,its a bad sign for Hollywood because now Governments, Politicians, Military men & News channels are getting more and more entertaining and their sense of humor is improving day by day,after a decade they will form the pure source of entertainment.

I know its not related to topic, I was just wondering how americans think? and who would have been accused of 9/11 if there was no Al-Qaeda?
any idea !!!!
It would have been Porsche, because they are the only ones who have something most related to 9/11 and that's their Porsche 911 turbo, maybe it was some sort of their marketing strategy.

no hard feelings please.

"now we are concerned about safety of US nuclear assets..."

Judging by today's events again in Peshawar you've plenty on your own plate to consume your full and undivided attention.

There are no nuclear weapons at Ft. Hood.

Oh! was, of more immediate concern for yourself is spelling. The word you intended, sir, is R-O-G-U-E. Rogue. Rouge is a french word that is a tint of red commonly used with lipstick and communists.

Was our Major Hasan a devout muslim AND a communist?

Do you see your mistake? Normally I wouldn't point such out but if you wish to be a smarmy snide azz, don't expect any slack.

I don't find Major Hasan's crime a bit funny. Nor do I either find bombings in Peshawar and elsewhere laughing matters. Unlike you and others here though, I'm not going to use your misery as a platform for my humor.

so there are rouge elements in us army...hmm now we are concerned about safety of US nuclear assets

The people of USA are best in the world when it comes to process and security procedure. There is no chance.

so there are rouge elements in us army...hmm now we are concerned about safety of US nuclear assets

Childish and immature statement. And to think that you were thanked for your immaturity by a "think thank" makes me wonder :coffee:

"now we are concerned about safety of US nuclear assets..."

Judging by today's events again in Peshawar you've plenty on your own plate to consume your full and undivided attention.

There are no nuclear weapons at Ft. Hood.

Oh! was, of more immediate concern for yourself is spelling. The word you intended, sir, is R-O-G-U-E. Rogue. Rouge is a french word that is a tint of red commonly used with lipstick and communists.

Was our Major Hasan a devout muslim AND a communist?

Do you see your mistake? Normally I wouldn't point such out but if you wish to be a smarmy snide azz, don't expect any slack.

I don't find Major Hasan's crime a bit funny. Nor do I either find bombings in Peshawar and elsewhere laughing matters. Unlike you and others here though, I'm not going to use your misery as a platform for my humor.

thats typing error. i just expressed my concern thats all just like you guys do on pak's nukes.:coffee:

Last edited:
Childish and immature statement. And to think that you were thanked for your immaturity by a "think thank" makes me wonder :coffee:

Well hope so you keep wondering for why he was thanked, as for understanding different things from different perspectives people require different level of intellectuality as its not in the power of every brain to understand simple things. Sometimes people even after having common sense can't see and understand things as its not in their brain power to understand. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom