What's new

Forum Update 2020|Feedback and Discussion

Do you like the new style/theme of the forum?

• Yes

• No

• Not Sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Admins should "minimise" the distance between the Defence.pk functionality of the Forum board, and the software version provided by their vendor, to reduce the time and cost of doing these upgrades.

People will for the most part get used to the new layout. I have.

The Admins need to decide what extras they want to provide on the site and focus their efforts on that. eg the shoutbox is probably not in the standard build, so focus on that. That was a brilliant part of the site.

Most people like the old colour scheme as it was friendly to the eyes and for reading text, so have a css skin they can use between upgrades. etc..

Dont spend to much time, in taking a standard build from the vendor, and making it totally non-standard again, as it makes the effort to upgrade to the next version harder over time.

I guess, this board is a vBulletin board?

Not one to complain but 71% people - including myself dont like the new set up. Thats fairly unanimous - i dont see the benefit from this change at all?

The benefit is having a forum with the latest patches, and security standards... a bit like upgrading your phone...

The admins need to stop customising the crap out of the board and make it more standard, and let people get used to the board as it is delivered with specific high value additions like shoutbox(!!!) which add a lot of value, rather than waste time tweaking it to get it back to the previous version...

People need to accept that the forum needs to upgrade to the latest version from time to time..

Last edited:
Yes, allow us to use the old theme as an option please!
Especially on mobile, much appreciate the old compact view.

Main ne nhi li yaar admis ne sari wapas le leen or hamari rating power bhi wapas le li:(:(:(:(:hitwall:
Almost 90‰ members are against this version but still administrators be like, "aisi ki taisi karwaao apni, hum to yahi chalaayege". This is a dictatorship, not democracy.

The benefit is having a forum with the latest patches, and security standards... a bit like upgrading your phone...

The admins need to stop customising the crap out of the board and make it more standard, and let people get used to the board as it is delivered with specific high value additions like shoutbox(!!!) which add a lot of value, rather than waste time tweaking it to get it back to the previous version...

People need to accept that the forum needs to upgrade to the latest version from time to time..
I’m fine with updates and upgrades - I have no issues with that. I have issues when I can’t see the name of the person posting - and it being less user friendly for people on mobiles. I’m sure it won’t take much tweaking to sort these things out. Perhaps management should have test driven the format before launching it and iron out issues etc.

Please remove this background Pictures, it reduces the look and feel of Forum. Lot of fine tuning needed

I’m fine with updates and upgrades - I have no issues with that. I have issues when I can’t see the name of the person posting - and it being less user friendly for people on mobiles. I’m sure it won’t take much tweaking to sort these things out. Perhaps management should have test driven the format before launching it and iron out issues etc.
Why is it less user friendly for people on mobile?

Please remove this background Pictures, it reduces the look and feel of Forum. Lot of fine tuning needed

I actually find this feature pretty good, all 27 pictures used are superlative.

My only gripe on that feature is that the following two:.

Have embedded text that is not compatible with their intended use as a background fill. The text shows up on the page and looks completely out of place.

Webby
The suggestions and issues I had have been mostly addressed - for example I couldn’t see the names of some people that were posting - you’ve fixed - the others are when you get familiar with something - humans don’t like change - they get used to a format - now this format will probably take a week or so to get used to. Will PM the rest bro

Now you've changed the PLACE user names appear, i.e on top of every post rather than on left. It was much better on the left as it was!!

Also you have done nothing about dark green background where the user names appear which is why they are very difficult to read and that is the single most common complaint that all members are making. Even your name 'WebMaster' in dark blue is barely readable on this background, one has to strain one's eyes to read it.

I see that some of the names are more readable now but the dark background is still a bad idea. As i Said, the dark blue of WebMaster also needs to change then to a lighter shade. Best , just to change the background.

439f8a696b2bdbaba6ac2a7ed0467750.png

@Imran Khan this sums up the current pdf

Latest threads button this will be good I hope.

latest-threads.jpg

Also forum viewing members add on missing at bottom of the thread/post.

Back
Top Bottom