What's new

Four cops martyred, as many injured in midnight siege of police station at Lakki Marwat, KPK.

TTP is a brand name in existence. The operational capabilities of the group have long been in check.

KPK government has no policy to combat terrorism and it is a tool of blackmail against federal government.
funny when u say Operational capability of the group have long been in check... ummm didnt they say recently we know a few of these thugs are back in and around Swat for a while, we know them and their positions and close monitoring i sin progress? .... oh wait they were being kept in check... my bad.... in check man... in check.
between wat to expect in near future another wadda operation in the country or possibly this time in PAK & Afg border area as well on the pretext of terrorism and call in big daddy to support.... and than we will be hearing we gave air space and bases only for managing the threat.... and the story goes on and on....

if I could I would've setup a conf call and invite my family and friends from Sawat and Peshawar and invite any devout (but honest) PTI follower to sit in the call and get video and verbal accounts of how PTI conducted itself (or failed) and wished that PTI fanboy afterword's shared that account word for word honestly with the forum.

my anger for army leadership over this resurgence is many fold and is not hidden (well its hidden because it didn't flag because it tallied with PTI narrative)
my issue is with KPK Government which is not only corrupt, dishonest but also incompetent passing the entire responsibility to army and constantly ranting on its political opponents pretty much sums up its tenue.

I happen to know a few people from Swat as well, Mingora in particular, and they are taking pretty vocal against the whole setup as well.

Point being, you and I both know this issue is waayy beyond the provincial government. While it does have to share the blame, it cannot be made into a 'KP government allowed miscreants to come back' issue. Doing this not only shifts the debate from the actual topic, but also allows the actual issue to get lost somewhere in between.

I happen to know a few people from Swat as well, Mingora in particular, and they are taking pretty vocal against the whole setup as well.

Point being, you and I both know this issue is waayy beyond the provincial government. While it does have to share the blame, it cannot be made into a 'KP government allowed miscreants to come back' issue. Doing this not only shifts the debate from the actual topic, but also allows the actual issue to get lost somewhere in between.
brother,
I cant share who are my friends on this open forum because of possible reprisal. their business has received threats for ransom money,.
allegedly PTI govt is paying regular ransom money for peace or freeing up people.

the additional IGP is alleging the PTI members been paying protection money to TTP for years. granted the police has no capacity or leadership to take on these terrorists who play football with the skulls of our regular troops but it should not be prevented to do its duties to stop the "wanabe copycats".

Imran wanted the recognition of TTP and advocated that they be allowed to open an office like the Afghan Taliban did in UAE. he correctly sees them one and the same (unlike my fellow countrymen who apologies and praise Afghan Taliban as being "different") but this collective appeasement (by PTI & GHQ) has been used by TTP to consolidate its position. it has deep roots in our extremally radicalized society that is willing to lynch and burn on moments notice and then we cry over Kashmiris and Palestinians.

brother,
I cant share who are my friends on this open forum because of possible reprisal. their business has received threats for ransom money,.
allegedly PTI govt is paying regular ransom money for peace or freeing up people.

I do not disagree with you.

From what I gather, this has been simmering since a year or more. Murad Saeed was the most vocal about it, along with other MPA's, but they were silenced because the government of the time and the establishment did not want to bring this issue into the public sphere, as negotiations were going on.

According to the estab, and I believe there have been public statements by them about it too, these were 'local' remnants of the TTP and other organizations who have now turned to petty crime to keep their finances up.

Now we can all see that this came out to bite us in the butt.

the additional IGP is alleging the PTI members been paying protection money to TTP for years. granted the police has no capacity or leadership to take on these terrorists who play football with the skulls of our regular troops but it should not be prevented to do its duties to stop the "wanabe copycats".

Again, how could you justify taking action at a local level when you are taking C-130's to Kabul full of tribal elders and Faiz Hameed was being photographed as some celebrity in Kabul? Why would the police or provincial government even be in favor of any action?

Point being, this is not an Imran Khan or a PTI or a KP issue. It is much bigger than that. We should believe that fauj nay baki har baat par IK ko danda dia hua tha but on this issue, fauj nay IK ki har baat ankhain band kar kay man li?

I am totally against the position of IK regarding the Afghan Taliban and Afghanistan. But our military also did not cover itself in glory in this regard for the past 2 years. Yehi log campaigns chalwatay thay about victory in Kabul, with pictures of Gen Faiz, teenagers were given 3k each per trend by ISPR sponsored companies.

Anytime a report of extortion or kidnapping came out, the usual mantra 'local miscreants', ham baat cheet kar rahay hain, don't take any action.

This has been an utter failure of all those involved...but I guess that is to be expected when your COAS is more busy meeting Noor Alam and Raja Riaz, sending 2 stars to meet Nawaz Sharif, and protecting Pervez Elahi from NAB cases. Anywho, don't want to make this thread political as well.

But my point being, let's not convert this issue into PTI ki ghalti hai keh Taliban wapis agaye hain.

I do not disagree with you.

From what I gather, this has been simmering since a year or more. Murad Saeed was the most vocal about it, along with other MPA's, but they were silenced because the government of the time and the establishment did not want to bring this issue into the public sphere, as negotiations were going on.

According to the estab, and I believe there have been public statements by them about it too, these were 'local' remnants of the TTP and other organizations who have now turned to petty crime to keep their finances up.

Now we can all see that this came out to bite us in the butt.

Again, how could you justify taking action at a local level when you are taking C-130's to Kabul full of tribal elders and Faiz Hameed was being photographed as some celebrity in Kabul? Why would the police or provincial government even be in favor of any action?

Point being, this is not an Imran Khan or a PTI or a KP issue. It is much bigger than that. We should believe that fauj nay baki har baat par IK ko danda dia hua tha but on this issue, fauj nay IK ki har baat ankhain band kar kay man li?

I am totally against the position of IK regarding the Afghan Taliban and Afghanistan. But our military also did not cover itself in glory in this regard for the past 2 years. Yehi log campaigns chalwatay thay about victory in Kabul, with pictures of Gen Faiz, teenagers were given 3k each per trend by ISPR sponsored companies.

Anytime a report of extortion or kidnapping came out, the usual mantra 'local miscreants', ham baat cheet kar rahay hain, don't take any action.

This has been an utter failure of all those involved...but I guess that is to be expected when your COAS is more busy meeting Noor Alam and Raja Riaz, sending 2 stars to meet Nawaz Sharif, and protecting Pervez Elahi from NAB cases. Anywho, don't want to make this thread political as well.

But my point being, let's not convert this issue into PTI ki ghalti hai keh Taliban wapis agaye hain.
cant disagree there. you have summed it up well.
any gains against the militants since the start of the war on terror to the retirement of Gen Raheel Sharif were squandered by Gen Bajwa and his colleagues

my anger has been reserved for the elected representatives because I voted and Supported PTI. sadly our military and intelligence leadership considers itself beyond scrutiny

yes they can if they are allowed to do so by KPK govt. but that pro-Taliban party is collaborating with TTP.
the IGP of KPK is blaming PTI for putting hurdles in Police operations and even support for TTP.
You don’t get called Taliban Khan for no reason and you don’t jettison that policy overnight

cant disagree there. you have summed it up well.
any gains against the militants since the start of the war on terror to the retirement of Gen Raheel Sharif were squandered by Gen Bajwa and his colleagues

my anger has been reserved for the elected representatives because I voted and Supported PTI. sadly our military and intelligence leadership considers itself beyond scrutiny
But PTI was never seperate from that policy of appeasing the Taliban. Be it the ones in Afghanistan or Pakistani ones. They were aligned with the military policy only to secure support to win elections. Now that that relationship is sour the old ways are resumed to keep themselves(PTI) safe.
The military hasn’t been held accountable for sending ill equipped brigades into meat grinding tactical and strategic blunders in Bajaur and otherwise - I doubt they would want anything to change.

Attackers possibly used night vision, if following video is from Laki Narwat incidence

Just goes to show that criminals have more modern equipment than regular police. Irrigular speciel forces & Rangers don't count.

You don’t get called Taliban Khan for no reason and you don’t jettison that policy overnight

But PTI was never seperate from that policy of appeasing the Taliban. Be it the ones in Afghanistan or Pakistani ones. They were aligned with the military policy only to secure support to win elections. Now that that relationship is sour the old ways are resumed to keep themselves(PTI) safe.
The military hasn’t been held accountable for sending ill equipped brigades into meat grinding tactical and strategic blunders in Bajaur and otherwise - I doubt they would want anything to change.
I have seen some videos that are graphic and tragic in nature , the way our soldiers are suckered in and played like amateur's by the terrorists is painful to see.
like you pointed out, the way they are surprised and taken out suggests that they are sent to the meat grinder without support or intel.

command makes a huge difference, there is no doubt in the resolve and courage of our troops but they are being failed by a mafia of generals that seem to spawn mostly from only one or two villages of Punjab, all the talent (extracurricular) seems to have been limited to that area only. substandard leadership gaurentees back to back humiliationg defeats.
Gen Tariq I wish someone like you could take command of the operation

I have seen some videos that are graphic and tragic in nature , the way our soldiers are suckered in and played like amateur's by the terrorists is painful to see.
like you pointed out, the way they are surprised and taken out suggests that they are sent to the meat grinder without support or intel.

command makes a huge difference, there is no doubt in the resolve and courage of our troops but they are being failed by a mafia of generals that seem to spawn mostly from only one or two villages of Punjab, all the talent (extracurricular) seems to have been limited to that area only. substandard leadership gaurentees back to back humiliationg defeats.
If I was ever to write a compendium of all Pakistani military operations from 47 to today.. I would title it “Lions led by lambs: An overview of military operations by Pakistan or how to snatch defeat from victory”

Welcome to the Pakistan of Mid 2000's when we have suicide attacks every day, Thanks to incompetent Army and failed Policy from the idiots in Govt. And for this particular issue I blame IK, he can take his Afghan Taliban love and shove it in his &&&. these people will never be Pakistani's nor loyal to Pakistan and will always find excuse to kill rest of Pakistanis.

IK and PTI always opposed military action against the TTP and other militant groups operating in KPK. PTI has the government in KPK, they are the one responsible for it.

No "incompetent Army and failed policy" there. The public and the government have been in thrall of the Taliban since the 1990's, thinking they are some puritanical seminarians instead of what they are - cold blooded killers.

Majority Pakistanis thought of them as mujahdeens before the bombings started in Pakistan. I clearly remember this, even on PDF you would get banned for calling them names lol.

Have seen plenty of videos of Pak soldiers being excuted and being called Mushrikeen and kufaar before the execution. Unfortunately our religious parties and media on purpose hides who these terrorists are, whos fatwas they follow, whos books they read, where they graduate from, where their funding and ideology comes from? Theyre all sellouts and too scared to expose the terrorists and their sympathisers.

Last edited:

4 cops martyred, as many injured in midnight siege of police station in KP’s Lakki Marwat

Sirajuddin | APP
December 18, 2022

<p>Funeral of the four martyred policemen was held at Lakki police line on Sunday morning. — Photo by author</p>

Funeral of the four martyred policemen was held at Lakki police line on Sunday morning.
Militants attacked the Burgi police station in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa’s Lakki Marwat early Sunday morning, leaving four policemen dead and injuring as many, according to a police official.

“At midnight, militants attacked the police station and tried to enter the building,” Lakki Police spokesperson Shahid Hameed told Dawn.com, adding that more than 60 policemen were on duty at that time.

He said that the policemen engaged the militants for almost 45 minutes after which the attackers escaped, taking advantage of the darkness.

Hameed pointed out that the police station is situated in a far-flung area and takes almost one-and-a-half hours to reach from Lakki city.

While no group has taken responsibility for the attack, the police suspect the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) as the group is known to operate in the area.

Funerals for the slain policemen were held at the Lakki police line on Sunday morning, which were attended by Regional Police Officer Bannu Syed Ashfaq Anwar, District Police Officer Ziauddin and senior military and civil officials.

60 Cops on duty.

5-10 x sentry duty.
40-45 x sleeping.
3-5 x on Comms.

Tactical level:

Officer (SHO/SI/ASI) in charge as leader.
Training standard of policemen on duty.
Weapons and ammunition available. Caliber level/RPG/MG/sharpshooting weap.
Vehicles available at scene. vehs not used for chasing and tracking down retreating terrorists.
Terrorist movement not monitored. Their ammo holding out for 45 mins only. No arrival of cavalry in 45 mins.

On a military scale, those are 2 x platoons which can be broken down into 5-6 sections of 10 troops each.
If 4 x sections are engaging enemy from all fire directions, then at least 1 x section can be dispatched from a strongly defended position under fire cover to counter-attack the enemy force, flanking them from one side while being covered by firing power of 2 x sections at least.

This was the first step to dislodge enemy from a strong position and force them to shift location and then retreat.

The second step would have been to load Vehicles with MGs and ammo and clear the gate as priority so vehicles head out and can be utilized as mobile firepower to continuously flank and then chase the retreating enemy. This is the concept of MIB which Police cannot fathom. MG mounted vehicle can also soften terrorists strong point which may have pinned down the cops from one or two sides or even making any possibility of cop movement in the open compound IF the cops cannot reach vehicles and cannot reinforce other areas of the compound. This is why it was necessary as STEP 1 to send out 1 x section for counter attack to force terrorists to shift fire from other areas and distribute firing towards other targets.

The third step would be to use remaining vehicle as ambulance to ferry along critically wounded to medical facilities. This can be done during the course of action also with in 45 minutes but upwards of 20-25 mins since attack started. Giving medical assistance to other wounded with first aid.

The fourth step would be rounding up the remaining terrorists, capturing any alive if possible. Bringing them in for interrogation and making a report on the attack.

If I was ever to write a compendium of all Pakistani military operations from 47 to today.. I would title it “Lions led by lambs: An overview of military operations by Pakistan or how to snatch defeat from victory”
This is why during war, some commanders in the field, asked their operators to cut down comms as they wont be taking orders from commanders sitting dozens of miles back in HQs and rather handle the current situation themselves without approval of the higher command.

The above post i wrote tells the same tale.

The situation could have had different results had the local officer taken situation boldly in his own hands and not jumped on comms to get instructions from assigned SP.

Last edited:
I have a different take on this. KPK is being targeted by the Establishment since KPK has shown defiance to the nefarious designs of the Pakistan Establishment. This is going to back-fire big time as the Pushtoons now fully understand that it is the Establishment who is creating havoc in KPK.

Purana Pakistan. Anyone enjoying the fruits of balanced foreign policy yet?

I have a different take on this. KPK is being targeted by the Establishment since KPK has shown defiance to the nefarious designs of the Pakistan Establishment. This is going to back-fire big time as the Pushtoons now fully understand that it is the Establishment who is creating havoc in KPK.

Just sit back and relax. Hadn't we already predicted this the day regime change happened? Let them take care of all the problems. They are all knowing and wise. We are just fools who seek independence. The all knowing are balanced. Every single day brings bad news for this country. We are indeed back to purana Pakistan. Just grab some popcorn and enjoy the writing on the wall.

Last edited:
Not really. KPK is being targeted because Imran Khan's government & his handler Faizi released TTP fighters from jails after so called "Peace Talks".
Along with the fact that IK settled around 10000 TTP fighters in KPK.

my government was already negotiating with them so that we would do a resettlement of these people because they were about 40 000 people which were moving into Pakistan amongst them about five to ten thousand fighters but their families too “ he said.

Not really. KPK is being targeted because Imran Khan's government & his handler Faizi released TTP fighters from jails after so called "Peace Talks".
Along with the fact that IK settled around 10000 TTP fighters in KPK.

my government was already negotiating with them so that we would do a resettlement of these people because they were about 40 000 people which were moving into Pakistan amongst them about five to ten thousand fighters but their families too “ he said.

Either way, you are done. You are back to purana Pakistan. Which ever way you look at Pakistan it is a colossal failure. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom