What's new

Four with terror links held in Bihar

Yeti

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
The Bihar police have apprehended four persons, including two from Jammu and Kashmir, on suspicion of maintaining links with a cross-border terror outfit.

The men were arrested near Basmatia village in Araria district near the India-Nepal border.

Police sources said the men, whose voter identity cards identified them as Siraj Ahmed Butt and Naseer Ahmed, hailed from Shopian district in Kashmir.

Their accomplice, Mohammed Shahabuddin, was now residing in Nepal's Sursani district, which forms part of the Kosi basin running along the porous India-Nepal border.

The fourth person, Virendra Mandal, who belongs to Supaul district, has been held for questioning on grounds that he was ferrying the men from Shopian during the past week.

“It was Mandal who ferried the duo to places such as Forbesganj in the district before dropping them at the Nepal border. They were nabbed along with Shahabuddin on their re-entry to India via the Bihar border at Araria,” Araria Superintendent of Police Shivdeep Lande told The Hindu.

He said that throughout his interrogation, Mandal denied knowing the identities of the two men, insisting that he was acting on his neighbour's instructions.

This fifth man was now under surveillance in Supaul, sources said.

The district police have been put on high alert since the intimation of a terror threat to blow up Raxaul and other railway stations along the Bihar-Nepal border earlier last month, with intelligence reports suggesting that a team of eight terrorists had sneaked into the State through the border.

Sorry but any Kashmiri muslim who lives by any border should be under surveillance. Any reason why the gov;t has not made it mandatory to have a 10-15 km vacant land around any part of the border that India shares with a foreign country. The Muslim population in Nepal 2 decades wa nil, nows its close to 3.5 %. Coincidence, I think not? Good job...but more needs to be done..

Im pretty pleased with how things have turned around since 26/11 and 13/7 pune blast in regards to our internal security although we can't ever sit still when sleeper cells are still active in our cities and towns.

Im pretty pleased with how things have turned around since 26/11 and 13/7 pune blast in regards to our internal security although we can't ever sit still when sleeper cells are still active in our cities and towns.

We can never sit still PERIOD.....the moment we do we are in trouble....I guarantee it....India is marked by extremists...for them...its the land and ppl that got away.....A sore sticking point for madrassa educated with honors idiots..

We can never sit still PERIOD.....the moment we do we are in trouble....I guarantee it....India is marked by extremists...for them...its the land and ppl that got away.....A sore sticking point for madrassa educated with honors idiots..

This Bihar-Nepal border is becoming a bit of problem it seems like much of the terror activities are centered around there something needs to done about this.

Its really Bad for Bihari Muslims. Local ppl will start making a perception. They will start keeping distance from Bihari Muslims. Bihari Muslims must come forward and hand over the rotten apple to the police..

I am scared of social isolation of Muslims in Bihar. God forbid it doesn't happen..

This Bihar-Nepal border is becoming a bit of problem it seems like much of the terror activities are centered around there something needs to done about this.

Its much more than that....any area that has a sizable muslim population is infiltrated by extremists with the backing of foreign agencies and overzealous religious scholars.....if ou take a closer look....its happening in every part of the country on the low of course....the border areas really need to plug the gaps not only in surveillance but corruption as seen with the BSF incident in the bengal border....When things are quiet....I get nervous...I feel they are plotting and waiting for the opportune moment. At least after an attack, thy are on the run and the agencies stop sipping on the chai

Its much more than that....any area that has a sizable muslim population is infiltrated by extremists with the backing of foreign agencies and overzealous religious scholars.....if ou take a closer look....its happening in every part of the country on the low of course....the border areas really need to plug the gaps not only in surveillance but corruption as seen with the BSF incident in the bengal border....When things are quiet....I get nervous...I feel they are plotting and waiting for the opportune moment. At least after an attack, thy are on the run and the agencies stop sipping on the chai

It seems that this IM/SIMI spread its wings from Karnataka and moved up north to UP and Bihar where they went on recruiting overdrive and planning terror attacks. We not setting a strong example by not hanging Afzal guru, this is what the death penatly is for if your not going to use it might as well scrap such laws. I know what you mean it's like we not had blast for a while now and after everyone seems to forget and then one day boom they strike again but at least the 13/7 case has now been solved more or less.

Sorry but any Kashmiri muslim who lives by any border should be under surveillance. Any reason why the gov;t has not made it mandatory to have a 10-15 km vacant land around any part of the border that India shares with a foreign country. The Muslim population in Nepal 2 decades wa nil, nows its close to 3.5 %. Coincidence, I think not? Good job...but more needs to be done..

Not all kashmiri muslims are terrorists. You should not assume one guilty unless proven innocent. Lot of kashmiri muslims are doing trade in other states, such treatment will only increase the hatred.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Not all kashmiri muslims are terrorists. You should not assume one guilty unless proven innocent. Lot of kashmiri muslims are doing trade in other states, such treatment will only increase the hatred.

Back
Top Bottom