Good news, our navy has done well to catch up. We have:
4 Type 54 frigates
4 f22p frigates
1 Oliver class frigate

4 Yarmouk class
4 Milgems

3 Agostas upgraded
8 Hangor class

We still need long range navy babur hypersonic missiles, some high tech torpedoes, and a dedicated navy strike fighter jet.

Any indication it has the same VLS featured in this video?

If so, Perhaps that will mean a quad packed missile will come soon enough.

P.s. looks like the video went private
Well here is the RAM like system shown in the video

Last edited:
nah theyre all 6x2 x2 camm er
Yes on the Milgem but the full length video said the new VLS would be on the I-Class (Istanbul Class) would have this VLS on in the Turkish navy if I understood it correctly

If the PN is still planning to procure the Jinnah class frigate; a derivative of the I-Class, then this new VLS is probably going to be on it.

Now the PN probably wants a Turkish equivalent to the ESSM on the Jinnah class and will hopefully probably want an 8 cell of the same VLS on the F-22P, allowing it to carry a 32 Missiles in the 40-50 Km range.

Yes on the Milgem but the full length video said the new VLS would be on the I-Class (Istanbul Class) would have this VLS on in the Turkish navy if I understood it correctly

If the PN is still planning to procure the Jinnah class frigate; a derivative of the I-Class, then this new VLS is probably going to be on it.

Now the PN probably wants a Turkish equivalent to the ESSM on the Jinnah class and will hopefully probably want an 8 cell of the same VLS on the F-22P, allowing it to carry a 32 Missiles in the 40-50 Km range.
Basically, Jinnah class is an offshoot of the Babur class not the Istanbul class, the hull is a derivative of the Babur with a redesigned superstructure like the final Azmat class.

The one way we will find out what VLS is onboard is when the Yarmook batch 2 is launched and we see what VLS it carries. The idea behind GWS13 VLS is how compact it is, the CAMM-ER takes up the entire length of the cell, while also having minimal deck and under deck footprint, the hull on these is quite tightly packed, hence why they had to literally just add another module behind the gun to lengthn the ships as theyre was literally no space otherwise, its also why we dont see HQ-16 on these- though, thats a good thing lol

Basically, Jinnah class is an offshoot of the Babur class not the Istanbul class, the hull is a derivative of the Babur with a redesigned superstructure like the final Azmat class.

The one way we will find out what VLS is onboard is when the Yarmook batch 2 is launched and we see what VLS it carries. The idea behind GWS13 VLS is how compact it is, the CAMM-ER takes up the entire length of the cell, while also having minimal deck and under deck footprint, the hull on these is quite tightly packed, hence why they had to literally just add another module behind the gun to lengthn the ships as theyre was literally no space otherwise, its also why we dont see HQ-16 on these- though, thats a good thing lol

What was the wisdom in going for a Babur derivative when a more advanced Istanbul option was easily available?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom