What's new

Fourth T-50 Stealth Fighter to Fly This Year

Bl[i]tZ

Reaction score
174028825.jpg

Russia's United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) is to introduce a fourth Sukhoi T-50 stealth fighter into its test and development program this year, the company's President Mikhail Pogosyan said on Thursday.

"We are now testing three aircraft. A fourth will be brought in this year," he said.

Pogosyan had said earlier this year that the firm would introduce a fourth aircraft into the test program but did not disclose when.

The first production standard T-50 is due to enter service with the Russian Air Force by 2015, and the first evaluation example by 2013. The service plans to acquire 60 of the fifth-generation fighters.

The T-50, also known as project PAK-FA, first flew on January 29, 2011 and was first publicly revealed at the Moscow Air Show in August that year. India will also acquire an advanced fighter aircraft based on the T-50.

Fourth T-50 Stealth Fighter to Fly This Year | Defense | RIA Novosti

Bl[i]tZ;3059502 said:
174028825.jpg

Russia's United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) is to introduce a fourth Sukhoi T-50 stealth fighter into its test and development program this year, the company's President Mikhail Pogosyan said on Thursday.

"We are now testing three aircraft. A fourth will be brought in this year," he said.

Pogosyan had said earlier this year that the firm would introduce a fourth aircraft into the test program but did not disclose when.

The first production standard T-50 is due to enter service with the Russian Air Force by 2015, and the first evaluation example by 2013. The service plans to acquire 60 of the fifth-generation fighters.

The T-50, also known as project PAK-FA, first flew on January 29, 2011 and was first publicly revealed at the Moscow Air Show in August that year. India will also acquire an advanced fighter aircraft based on the T-50.

good news.

Would be there naval variant of T 50 for IN??

Is this the final prototype or more will follow?

4th one is Not Final Prototype! Atleast 7 required (avionics , aerodynamics and other minor system testbeds) before anything further go on!

Would be there naval variant of T 50 for IN??

Depends on how successful conventional variant is.
No official report out in public yet

wow great news.. this is the only real equal for F-22 in the world..

Are we looking at 2017-18 by the time we get it?

Bl[i]tZ;3059502 said:
174028825.jpg

we r getting the same thing isnt it true...........

Can somebody explain me this? PAK-FA is not supposed to be a stealthy aircraft, because the designers don't believe in stealth too much. What features then make it stand out and a fifth generation fighter?

Can somebody explain me this? PAK-FA is not supposed to be a stealthy aircraft, because the designers don't believe in stealth too much. What features then make it stand out and a fifth generation fighter?

What are you talking about? The designers don't believe in stealth? To be a 5th gen fighter it has to be VLO so I can't see a way around being stealthy.

Mate All 5th Gen are stealthy.
Final product is not out yet, some says it may not be stealthy as F22 but who knows ?, ;) so far flying prototypes are mainly for testing it's Premature avionics, Aerodynamic performance.

Back
Top Bottom