What's new

France starts ban on full-face veil

First of all, this burqa ban is not about secularism, since the Sikh turban or Jewish yarmulka are not being banned in public.

Secondly, it's not about preventing terrorism since raincoats are not being banned, and a terrorist is far more likely to use a raincoat than a burqa. This is Paris, not Peshawar. The last thing a terrorist wants is to stand out from the crowd, and a figure in a burqa will stand out far more than someone in a raincoat.

Thirdly, it is not about security identification since we are talking about all public places, not banks or restricted areas. If people can walk around in a helmet or with one of those nose and face covering masks which became popular during the SARS epidemic, then why single out the burqa?

Fourthly, and most emphatically, this is not about women's rights. These people couldn't care less about Muslims, male or female, and stigmatizing the people you claim to be saving does not fool anyone.

So, ultimately, it comes down to a personal choice that people don't like the look of the burqa. Personally, I don't like it either, but then again, I don't like punk hairstyles or excessive tattoos. Certainly, the French public have the right to outlaw certain dress codes, just like women can't walk around in a bikini in Muslim countries, but the reasons for the ban need to be acknowledged forthright instead of hiding behind the false claims I mentioned above.

Two completly different issues my friend. YOu can't mix oranges and chicken meat and call it a juice best suited for vegitarians.
Beside if you had educated yourself in English, you would have read in the last 140 posts its a muslim issue involving Muslim women not non-muslim
so thats why Pakistani having a majority Muslim and China majority a muslim as well as every right to talk about the topic.

May be Islamic Education had truncated your Illiterate Mind that you did understand What I wrote in your Mother Tounge Urdu

Stop acting like a dictator and telling people what they can or can't say on this forum. Beside s it freedom of speech you didn't excatly stop when there were backlashes temples in Pakistan - its a Pakistani issue not indian issue
- Or the events that took place in Kashmire - thats a Kasmira Issue not indian isssue
- or the events of Israeli-Palistine its an Israeli-arab issue not indian
- or the event Iran vs the US its an Iran and US issue not Indian
- or 9/11 happened its the US issue not indain
- or the bombing of afgans its an Afagn issue not indian
- or the events that happen in Tibet agaist China - ist an China and Tibet issue not indian

What happens in France is a French Issue. Nothing to do with Pakistanis, Balochis or Chinese.
I swear some indian posters here are trying to be this and that , one minute they from US next they from isreal or from Vulcan but never trutthful and always trolling. All in all ruin the reputation of ttheir fellow countryman especailly the indian posters that honestly post here.

Why is your English Stammered?

Maybe its a Hindu on a hatred ramage against Muslims, in a burka. Just to stir-up trouble and make tthe burka permantly banned. Now I know how Sarkozy got the idea to ban them. Were you Burnz were the one in burka robbing banks in Frances ?

The Poor Pakistanis got blasted with Burkha.
Two burqa-clad suicide bombers kill 41 in Pakistan blast - New York Daily News

Even Pakistan should Dump Burkha.

Tell me what does Sarkozy has that China is sooooooooooooooooooo afraid of ?
I tell you something Talibans are kicking the west for 10 years even tthe allied soilders are getting frustrated
Pakistani supported Terrorism in Afghanistan. Taliban, Jundullah, Lashkar..

Get the Answers in Bold. .

First of all, this burqa ban is not about secularism, since the Sikh turban or Jewish yarmulka are not being banned in public.

Secondly, it's not about preventing terrorism since raincoats are not being banned, and a terrorist is far more likely to use a raincoat than a burqa. This is Paris, not Peshawar. The last thing a terrorist wants is to stand out from the crowd, and a figure in a burqa will stand out far more than someone in a raincoat.

Thirdly, it is not about security identification since we are talking about all public places, not banks or restricted areas. If people can walk around in a helmet or with one of those nose and face covering masks which became popular during the SARS epidemic, then why single out the burqa?

Fourthly, and most emphatically, this is not about women's rights. These people couldn't care less about Muslims, male or female, and stigmatizing the people you claim to be saving does not fool anyone.

So, ultimately, it comes down to a personal choice that people don't like the look of the burqa. Personally, I don't like it either, but then again, I don't like punk hairstyles or excessive tattoos. Certainly, the French public have the right to outlaw certain dress codes, just like women can't walk around in a bikini in Muslim countries, but the reasons for the ban need to be acknowledged forthright instead of hiding behind the false claims I mentioned above.

Good serious post
Although I do agree with you 99% and have thanked you
What I can't my head around is this

"Certainly, the French public have the right to outlaw certain dress codes" THey don't this kinda behavior to control the wants and the need of an another population just because they are different shows the kind of superority that theses Europeans want toi have on ethinic minorirties since the days of WW2.
If they want to do that then they sieze to be a tolerant state. What does simple womens garment can do to cause problems to you as an individual NONE !
Its the banniing that I got a problem with it so harsh there were many other ways to get the message across. This banning thing only shows aggression.

Yes there are areas that covering the face should not be covered in areas that are security sensitive, banks, home office and such and i want to add the fact that tthe Burka is not really an Islamic dress code as in Islam it says that a woman should cover herself as to not reveal her self to tthe opposite sex. niothing more.

You mention about the bikinis -the bikinie causes recation - see how many women get raped when wearing such a garment or how much of a stir it causes. The burka never did that only by some uneducated islamaphobes.

Get the Answers in Bold ?

Its ......"could you answer the statements in bold.." you moron ! Also why do you have capital letters iin your post:

Didn't you know that you only put capitial letters in names and at the start of a sentence ?

Another fool trying to correct English whilst his English is very poor.

Why is your English Stammered?
Why is yours so bad ?

Neither is Taqiyah though?

I am not a very practicing Muslim so I have no idea what is taqiyah.

However, as regards the burqa, it is important to realize that Islam, like other religions, have many different interpretations. Most of them don't mandate a burqa, but some do. If a woman believes that her version of Islam requires her to wear a burqa, then it is her religious right, and it's nobody else's business to tell her that she is wrong. They may try to educate and convince her otherwise, but just banning it outright is not the right approach.

"Certainly, the French public have the right to outlaw certain dress codes" THey don't this kinda behavior to control the wants and the need of an another population just because they are different shows the kind of superority that theses Europeans want toi have on ethinic minorirties since the days of WW2.

Well, you are right, that is a tricky proposition. Where do you draw the line between freedom of expression (dress) and public standards? That is why I mentioned bikinis as an existing restriction on public dress to show that there is a precedent.

You mention about the bikinis -the bininie causes recation - see how many women get raped when wearing such a garment or how much of a stir it causes. The burka never did that only by some uneducated islamaphobe.

Again, that's tricky. It's wrong to suggest that a women 'invites' rape by dressing in a certain way, but it is clearly understood tacitly throughout most of the world to impose some restrictions on dress to minimize temptation and miscommunication. You are right the burqa doesn't fall into that category.

Like I said, I cannot think of a legitimate reason to ban the burqa other than the fact that some people don't like the look of it and consider it a social barrier. Maybe it's just xenophobia. People aren't bothered talking to their surgeon or dentist wearing a face mask, so why not a burqa?

Taqiyah is what shia practice . You hide ur faith or lie about ur beliefs to save ur life if you have fear of death. Dont know why Roy bring taqiyah in this topic

I am not a very practicing Muslim so I have no idea what is taqiyah.

Taqiyah is what shia practice . You hide ur faith or lie about ur beliefs to save ur life if you have fear of death. Dont know why Roy bring taqiyah in this topic

Sorry my bad, wiki said thats what the prayer cap(topi) is called. Whats it called in Pakistan?

So just like Sikh turbans or the Jewish skull cap is not banned, neither is the Muslim prayer cap?

taqiyah12.jpg

So just like Sikh turbans or the Jewish skull cap is not banned, neither is the Muslim prayer cap?

I am not sure how that changes the fundamental issue. Just because they don't ban all Muslim symbols doesn't mean they can ban some symbols. There has to be some logic behind the ban and, based on the examples I gave above, I see nothing that singles out the burqa from other things like raincoats, helmets or face masks.

Its not particular to Shias, Sunnis are permitted to do it at times. Every society, religion and group practices it and has practiced it at one time or the other.

I am not sure how that changes the fundamental issue. Just because they don't ban all Muslim symbols doesn't mean they can ban some symbols. There has to be some logic behind the ban and, based on the examples I gave above, I see nothing that singles out the burqa from other things like raincoats, helmets or face masks.

To be honest it doesn't change the fundamental issue, and in fact I absolutely agree with all the points you made in post #796. However on the paper the law is secular, thats another issue that only the Muslims will be at the receiving end of the law.

Its like you know Australian Government makes law that everyone has to eat beef, and since the law is the same for people of all religion it is secular. But at the end of the day it will only be the Hindu Australians whose religious sensitivities will be affected.

Women who can't wear the burqa should simply wear a head scarf and a face mask.

mask-blond.jpg

Beat the French at their own game!

It's not a crime to be germaphobic and take precautions.

Women who can't wear the burqa should simply wear a head scarf and a face mask.

mask-blond.jpg

Beat the French at their own game!

It's not a crime to be germaphobic and take precautions.

Yeah actually i saw a video of a muslim woman who did just that.

Get the Answers in Bold ?

Its ......"could you answer the statements in bold.." you moron ! Also why do you have capital letters iin your post:

Didn't you know that you only put capitial letters in names and at the start of a sentence ?

Another fool trying to correct English whilst his English is very poor.

Why is yours so bad ?

That is Perfectly Valid English as accepted in the World of Forums!

Excessive Religion leads to misquadering your Intelligicia!

Back
Top Bottom