What's new

French Contract for Pakistan for JF17 Thunder

You guys know all the timelines for LCA right ?? Are you providing the radar to LCA ???

One thing is still not clear on one side you guys say LCA is still in development phase and JF-17 is under production. What is the benefit of being in production if
1. you still want to have more powerful engine for it. Like LCA.
2. you still want to have good radar for JF-17, no confirmations till now, Same goes with LCA also.
3. you are still not sure for the EWS for JF-17 and missiles intrgration for it and claiming to have MICA and Meteor which is not developed fully by owners and you are expecting them on JF-17 ???

LCA is also getting its IOC next year with underpower engine and limited combat load.

Where you have advantage of having JF-17 and that too better than LCA. If you want to integrate anything on JF-17 you need to check on every details from China for integration and thats the only reason other countries are concerned.
In real scenario, all the terms both the ACs are on same stage and which one will be better, it can be seen in future only, So till the time atleast donot compare them and comment on each capabilities.

Devil Ji , don't bring LCA into this - lets just focus on what we are discussing -

And we are discussing JF17 thunder block 2 with french avionics

We have (24+) JF17 thunders in Airforce running missions over Afghanistan Sir , Ape ki kasam

We are expected to bump that up to 34-35 operational crafts by December/January

This french deal is for our block-2 upgrades , something seperate -

again mess up the thread by name of lcs vs jf-17? no guys stick on topic or don't reply if you don't have any thing to post on topic.

Translation ::: This is a similar report from another source , which references a similar proof of contract , I only managed to find the french source listed above

Arms: France is well placed for a Mega contract with Pakistan

PARIS (Dow Jones) - Following a call for tenders, Pakistan has retained the French ATE integrator for a contract valued at more than 1 billion euros to help equip and electronics missiles between 50 and 100 fighter aircraft JF-17, designed with the help of Beijing, Les Echos reported on Friday quoting sources concurrent.

The contract would be shared with partners both the ETA, Thales SA (HO.FR) and MBDA, for missiles. MBDA is jointly owned by European Aeronautic Defense & Space Co. NV (EAD.FR), BAE Systems PLC (BA.LN) and Finmeccanica SpA (FNC.MI).
"The contract is ready to be signed. But it must first be a security agreement is signed between the two countries," the economic daily said, adding that the conclusion of this agreement could intervene in the first half of 2010.

Text below , is reported from another source.... the french source 1 did not confirm this To whome it may concern

Funny how you get to read your own translation and your own post as "reported from another source."

The text you have quoted above was first posted here on defence.pk and by non other than yours truly

Check this thread (click)

Hi,
I really want to see JF-17 doing Thrust Vectoring, I have this belief that if Chinese want they can make JF-17 thunder also capable of vertical landing & flying in a span of 5 years from now onwards, as China is making a tremendous headway in technology, so i am seriously keeping my fingers crossed & hoping for the best, one question though are there any chances that new advanced version which would be capable of vertical landing & flying along with TVC etc may be referred to as JF-18 :smitten:

Hi,
I really want to see JF-17 doing Thrust Vectoring, I have this belief that if Chinese want they can make JF-17 thunder also capable of vertical landing & flying in a span of 5 years from now onwards, as China is making a tremendous headway in technology, so i am seriously keeping my fingers crossed & hoping for the best, one question though are there any chances that new advanced version which would be capable of vertical landing & flying along with TVC etc may be referred to as JF-18 :smitten:

Vertical landing for JF-17 ????
Do you know today ,how many aircrafts are able to do vertical landing and what specification they have in terms of aircraft design and engine ??
Donot except tooo much with its capabilities, Jf-17 with exisiting state need more powerful engine just for regular take off and landing with full combat load.
Vertical landing for JF-17 would be a good dream only for you. Feel free to disagree.

Vertical landing for JF-17 ????
Do you know today ,how many aircrafts are able to do vertical landing and what specification they have in terms of aircraft design and engine ??
Donot except tooo much with its capabilities, Jf-17 with exisiting state need more powerful engine just for regular take off and landing with full combat load.
Vertical landing for JF-17 would be a good dream only for you. Feel free to disagree.
Hi,
Please bother to read carefully before confronting others, i don't want to go into details about China's progress but clearly if u had looked at my post without being prejudiced and having sole purpose to give a subjective judgment than you would have seen that i had mentioned China doing that not Pakistan and not even now, if you would be kind enough to scroll up i had also mentioned time frame, yes it is a dream for me and for many other Pakistani's, and dreams do come true

But why pakistan want to do that?

JF-17 is ment for cheap plane to fill the no gap between india and pakistan......

China it self dont accept this plane in their own air force..........:what:

By doing costly upgrade it's going to be costly plane and i dont know how many pakistan is going to afford in this economy....... and ya if their No. are less then all perpouse of inducting this plane is gone..:whistle:

But ya may be china is doing right thig by not accepting this jet in their airforce and invest their money in some batter aircraft with batter capability :coffee:

Just a Thought:cool:

Last edited:
But why pakistan want to do that?

JF-17 is ment for chip plane to fill the no gap between india and pakistan......

China it self dont accept this plane in their own air force..........:what:

By doing costly upgrade it's going to be costly plane and i dont know how many pakistan is going to afford in this economy....... and ya if their No. are less then all perpouse of inducting this plane is gone..:whistle:

But ya may be china is doing right thig by not accepting this jet in their airforce and invest their money in some batter aircraft with batter capability :coffee:

Just a Thought:cool:

Thanks for this kind info..... you are a genius....... Aap Pehlay kahan thay....

:hitwall:

Hi,
I really want to see JF-17 doing Thrust Vectoring, .......

May be in JF-18 or JF-19. It may be atleast eight to ten years away. Now we have to concentrate on building manufacturing facilities for production rather than just assembling. For thrust vectoring, China has to develop the engine then Pakistan gets the license production.

Back
Top Bottom