What's new

French Rafale UAE deal back on - report

any reasons why??

Basic common sense.

Let's not defend the indefensible.

If you think PAF is enough to defend Pakistani skies, I will not argue with you. But if you say PAF is technologically and numerically on par with IAF, then you need to go back to the drawing board.

Basic common sense.

If you think PAF is enough to defend Pakistani skies, I will not argue with you. But if you say PAF is technologically and numerically on par with IAF, then you need to go back to the drawing board.

read my edited post...

The Report is old!

U.A.E has already approached Eurofighter consortium having been asked to submit a proposal based on its Typhoon combat aircraft.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Basic common sense.

You post is sensible but keep PAF-IAF out of this thread and this goes all fan boys.

U.A.E will more than likely purchase the typhoon.

Why? It meets their requirements, the gcc are looking to create an airforce which can operate and be maintained in the gcc countries so with the saudis having the typhoon the u.a.e will likely take this option. both countries can then also invest in parts and technologies for these planes jointly. the typhoon consortium is also likely to lobby the saudis to swing the emiraties in their direction.

coming onto the bhartis who are stating its different by owning a ferrari and using a ferrari or something along them lines.

I would like to state an example to you: A race between a ferrari 458 and a mapped Nissan GTR who would win?

Your mentality would say ferrari but it would be the gtr that would win. Bhartis will always be inferior pilots to pakistanis no matter what they think. You may purchase the latest tech but realise that we pakistanis will always have a deterrant to any new purchase.

I dont care.

Even if you know the Ferrari inside out, still in a race the Mehran cant beat it.You have to own a Ferrari to beat a Ferrari.

Yeah but the point is to fly it to find a weakness and then exploit that weakness to one's advantage, GENIUS.

I think its better for the UAE if they look into F18 super hornet.They can do the same what they did with F16 i mean get the best F18 with superior avionics,weapons,engines and what ever they ask for because they have the money to pay for it.Also F18 is very good for navy, so UAE navy can also benefit from F18.They are already using US jets and are used to it.It will be easy for them to maintain it they can share the weapons between F18 and F16.This is the perfect combination.No body come close to the US in aviation and military tech.i think it will be right choice for them.

I think its better for the UAE if they look into F18 super hornet.They can do the same what they did with F16 i mean get the best F18 with superior avionics,weapons,engines and what ever they ask for because they have the money to pay for it.Also F18 is very good for navy, so UAE navy can also benefit from F18.They are already using US jets and are used to it.It will be easy for them to maintain it they can share the weapons between F18 and F16.This is the perfect combination.No body come close to the US in aviation and military tech.i think it will be right choice for them.

They want something that can carry this Black Shaheens and MICAs. And since Eurofighter can be retrofitted to carry these weapons it is not an unusual choice. Also the preference is on the Rafale since they already operate Mirage 2000-9.

I think UAE and Saudi Arabia should look towards J-20s and T-50s more instead of expensive EU equipment. Really.

Feb 6, 2012

Rafale fighter deal 'is back on'

A multibillion-dollar deal for 60 Rafale fighter jets for the Air Force may be back on.
Topic

Talks were believed to have stalled last year when Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, said the planes' French maker, Dassault Aviation, had proposed "uncompetitive and impractical" terms.

But Maj Gen Khalid Al Buainnain, former commander of the Air Force and Air Defence, said: "Discussions never stopped."

Gen Al Buainnain, is also chairman of Baynuna Group, an Abu Dhabi company that has a joint venture with Dassault to "transfer technology know-how, services and products" in the UAE and abroad.

"The technical and financial and contractual discussions have been completely finished. We're … working out how we can smooth out this contract."

The deal could be done by April, unidentified sources told the French newspaper La Tribune last week.

Rafale fighter deal 'is back on' - The National

I hope that their interest will shift towards Chinese or Russian 5th Generation programs for joint development.

I think UAE and Saudi Arabia should look towards J-20s and T-50s more instead of expensive EU equipment. Really.

It was close... It was really really close... Then Syria happened. That's one. Two these expensive European equipment is the best in the world at the moment. We want to replace our old and aging F-5s with Eurofighter Typhoons and tectonic shift in capabilities. We also have the Tornados who are close to saying goodbye to flying all together. I personally in favor of the F-35 to replace the Tornados.

It was close... It was really really close... Then Syria happened. That's one. Two these expensive European equipment is the best in the world at the moment. We want to replace our old and aging F-5s with Eurofighter Typhoons and tectonic shift in capabilities. We also have the Tornados who are close to saying goodbye to flying all together. I personally in favor of the F-35 to replace the Tornados.

for what role exactly? arnt your tornados ground attack role? and by the way do you think the Yanks will get the clearence to sell you F-35s from the Israelis like they did for new F-15s?

maybe then American senate will change its law to allow foreign sale of their F22s to Israel to keep its qualitative edge over all Middle Eastern countries.

for what role exactly? arnt your tornados ground attack role? and by the way do you think the Yanks will get the clearence to sell you F-35s from the Israelis like they did for new F-15s?

maybe then American senate will change its law to allow foreign sale of their F22s to Israel to keep its qualitative edge over all Middle Eastern countries.

Yeah hello. Those days are over. If you remember the new F-15 deal had a lot of shoving and tugging that went on for more than a year and a half of constant negotiations until we got exactly what we wanted not an inch less if you haven't noticed they have been crying to the US since. Look at UAE, They fly the world's most advanced F-16s and have the world's highest standards regarding military equipment that Rafale can hardly even deliver.

Tell me Irfan you have a choice between an F-16 blk52 and Eurofighter Typhoon for the position of Multi-role fighter. Which one will you choose?

Oh and Tornado is a Lo-Hi-Lo specialty jet. Flying close to surface to evade radar detection was the rage back then and it specialized in that and this is why we got it. But the F-35 is more of a Hi-Lo-Hi mission and is also perfect for SEAD and first hour of war missions. It can replace our Tornados while giving us 5th Gen capability. The Americans are begging for someone to buy this piece of crap to lower costs and we can buy this piece of crap but because they "Need us" and not the other way around negotiations are going to be different than the past. The same way we negotiated for the Eurofighter and the F-15SA.

RSAF Tornadoes are for A2G Ground Attack Role. F-15 has all out capabilities A2A-A2G multirole. Tornadoes would be serving till 2020 before complete phase out in early next decade. F-35 is no go area until israelis master it then in the next decade F-35 could be on offer (It has always been like that). for now best option for RSAF is to exercise more options for Tranche 3-4 Typhoon with upgrades of current ones to Tranche 3-4 and if possible invest in European UCAV project.

India should bargain for and get the outsourcing of manufacturing of fighter parts for Rafale so that even in case of future sales we might be able to chip in and earn some money in the process.

Eurofighter promised that when it said the whole avionics work will be shifted to India. It's time Rafale does something like that.

Im surprised that India didn;t demand it when EADS offered it....make you wonder if the deal was corrupted from the start.

Back
Top Bottom