What's new

Friggates fire torpedoes?

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
How does friggates fire torpedoes? I know its newbie.

Originally posted by Ahsan F@Nov 7 2005, 09:37 AM
How does friggates fire torpedoes? I know its newbie. 
[post=2430]Quoted post[/post]​

Why only frigates?

Even destroyers and Helicopters fire Torpedo.

See Torpedo can be dropped and/or fired from Surface into the water and then torpedo will do it's job.

As far as Indian Navy is concerned the following babies fire Torpedo.

I mean their armament contains the torpedos.

Destroyers: -

Delhi Class
Kashin-II Class

In Future : - Banglore class

Frigates: -

Godavari Class
Brahmaputra Class
Krivak-III Class
Petya-II Class

In Future: -

Project-17

Thanks,

Miro

See the Rajput Class (Kashin-II) class Destroyer of the Indian Navy is firing a Torpedo.

<div class='bbimg'></div>

Thanks,

Miro

Apart from Submarines; Torpedoes have been falling out of fashion because of the vast advances made in the field of cruise missiles which have become the primary armament of Ships and Aircraft attacking ships. Even submarines are now able to fire cruise missiles.

The reason why cruise missiles are preferable is because of their speed and their vast increases in range. Torpedoes have been around for a very long time, but cruise missiles mounted on ships is a much more recent development.

Originally posted by sigatoka@Dec 3 2005, 11:00 AM
Apart from Submarines; Torpedoes have been falling out of fashion because of the vast advances made in the field of cruise missiles which have become the primary armament of Ships and Aircraft attacking ships. Even submarines are now able to fire cruise missiles.

The reason why cruise missiles are preferable is because of their speed and their vast increases in range. Torpedoes have been around for a very long time, but cruise missiles mounted on ships is a much more recent development.
[post=4244]Quoted post[/post]​

and how to sink a submerged Submarine with Cruise missile????

Miro

When I went to Fleet Week two years ago I went on this destroyer. My Dad saw these tubes near the sides and asked what they were and the guy said those were torpedoes, but they take forever to launch so they just use the ASROC.

Originally posted by Pyongyang@Dec 4 2005, 01:37 PM
When I went to Fleet Week two years ago I went on this destroyer. My Dad saw these tubes near the sides and asked what they were and the guy said those were torpedoes, but they take forever to launch so they just use the ASROC.
[post=4388]Quoted post[/post]​

What is ASROC? Little more information will be appreciated.

Regards,
Ahsan F.

Originally posted by WebMaster@Dec 4 2005, 02:06 PM
What is ASROC? Little more information will be appreciated. 

Regards,
[post=4389]Quoted post[/post]​

It can be fired from VLS cells. They&#39;re torpedoes and they have a rocket on them, and then when it&#39;s in the water I think the rocket detaches and the torpedo goes on. Check Global Security.org.

Miro, the First line "apart from Submarines". That means that i do understand that crusie missiles cant take out submerged submarines and that they are still useful against submarines.

Back
Top Bottom