What's new

Frightened Iraqis flock to Delhi to escape IS misery

BC. Iraqis have money so you have no problems with them. But you have problems with poor Bangladeshis whom were Hindus some centuries ago and genetically similar to any Northern Indian. Indians are most self hating people on earth.

No, the problem with illegal bangladeshis is that there is too many of them. I would be perfectly fine if there were like 2- 3 million. I'm all for helping out my south asian brothers. But 30 million is too big a number for a country like India. They just need to be made to leave. If India had the land area of Russia or Canada, I would be in favour of allowing even 50 million illegal bangladeshis into the country. Only a few thousand iraqis have come here. I was saying that kicking them out like rubbish would undermine relations with an important country like Iraq. If millions of them start pouring into the country, I will obviously want them to be kicked out , regardless of how rich they might be.

No, the problem with illegal bangladeshis is that there is too many of them. I would be perfectly fine if there were like 2- 3 million. I'm all for helping out my south asian brothers. But 30 million is too big a number for a country like India. They just need to be made to leave. If India had the land area of Russia or Canada, I would be in favour of allowing even 50 million illegal bangladeshis into the country. Only a few thousand iraqis have come here. I was saying that kicking them out like rubbish would undermine relations with an important country like Iraq. If millions of them start pouring into the country, I will obviously want them to be kicked out , regardless of how rich they might be.

The problem is the numbers you are quoting is absolutely rubbish. Minimum number of people migrated to India after 71 only Hindus. The people termed as illegals are migrants starting from beginning of 19th century. Even some are termed illegal as they are Muslims. In fact most of the Bangladeshis are migrants from India. Victims of religious persecution. In what criteria who is termed illegal that has to be made clear. Even you can be illegal tomorrow who knows in what basis. Getting bigger kicks.

BTW Iraqis should find another safe place. Getting refuge in India can bring long term consequences for them. For over a century they will keep on telling Iraqis of this to pay back. Penetrating RAW in their country. Getting rid of ISIS is a good thing but RAW :o:

Last edited:
Delhi has become the latest destination for a large number of Iraqis who have managed to escape the dreaded Islamic State (IS) terrorists in their home country.

A large section of these Iraqis are applying to the office of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Delhi, seeking ‘refugee’ status.

According to an estimate, about 20,000 Iraqis have arrived in India since June 2014 and most of them have claimed that they managed to escape the monstrosity of the Islamic State.

Delhi is the only other Indian city, besides Chennai, where the UNHCR has an office. These Iraqis are mostly coming from IS-occupied Mosul, Saladin, Tikrit and Kirkuk.

Several others have come from cities which are still controlled by the Iraqi government, but the terror of IS runs deep.

Besides these people who are coming to Delhi, several Iraqi students at various universities of Delhi-NCR are also stuck in India. Many of them have applied to the UNHCR, even as they are making arrangements to bring over their families from Iraq.

UNHCR Chief of Mission Dominik Bartsch said: “Earlier, about one or two Iraqis would come to us in a month, seeking ‘refugee’ status. Now the trickle has turned into a steady stream of 20 to 30 and all of them are saying that they have been running away from the Islamic State.”

Ahmed Yaseen Muhi, 31, a resident of Noida, runs a website for Iraqis in Delhi. He said: “Till about October 2014, there were only seven members on the website, including myself. The queries ranged from tourist and medical facilities to universities in Delhi. Since then the membership has shot up to 3,910 and the queries now only relate to rented accommodations in the city and the location of the UNHCR office. ”

Ahmed, a PhD scholar from JNU, barely saved his life from the militants himself when he fled Baghdad in March 2014.

“I had gone back after I finished my studies here, but the militants came knocking at my door asking if I am a Shia or a Sunni. I had to run away with my wife and my child, and come back to India.”

He is now working as a translator at a private hospital in the city.

Frightened Iraqis flock to Delhi to escape IS misery | Daily Mail Online

Educated & non Extremist ones must be allowed to stay,the rest should be deported

BC. Iraqis have money so you have no problems with them. But you have problems with poor Bangladeshis whom were Hindus some centuries ago and genetically similar to any Northern Indian. Indians are most self hating people on earth.

We ourselves are not very rich so we would like people who can take care of themselves is that a bad thing to ask

France was really nice, they took in all the African and Middle Eastern refugees who were running away from their own country.

But look what happened. It's not just regular people who are running away, they are plenty of extremists coming with them.

That's why we should allow only the Educated & Non extremist types here,the rest should be deported ASAP

The problem is the numbers you are quoting is absolutely rubbish. Minimum number of people migrated to India after 71 only Hindus. The people termed as illegals are migrants starting from beginning of 19th century. Even some are termed illegal as they are Muslims. In fact most of the Bangladeshis are migrants from India. Victims of religious persecution. In what criteria who is termed illegal that has to be made clear. Even you can be illegal tomorrow who knows in what basis. Getting bigger kicks.

BTW Iraqis should find another safe place. Getting refuge in India can bring long term consequences for them. For over a century they will keep on telling Iraqis of this to pay back. Penetrating RAW in their country. Getting rid of ISIS is a good thing but RAW :o:

Every single Illegal will be deported regardless of his religion

Illegal is anyone who came after 1971. But obviously, long time has passed, the kids of those who came way in 1971 were born in India and don't know anything about Bangladesh. So they should be sent back , that would be cruel. Those who should be sent back are ones that came after late 1990s onwards.

They are welcome...

To those worrying that we'll convert them to Hinduism, I'd like to say that such action targeting a foreign-origin
community is very rare...even if it did happen, conversion is better than being killed by Sunni muslims, if they had decided to stay in a Muslim country.

If the IS spreads, soon we'll be having people from a hell lot of more ME countries trying
to get refugee status in India. They're always welcome if they come with peace at heart.

India is safe???? and that too for Muslims ...........??? no forceful conversion ??

If they chose a kafir country over their Muslim brethren countries, then you know what we are.

We welcome Yezidis since their ancient faith is similar to what our Hindu brothers do it here.

They are welcome...

To those worrying that we'll convert them to Hinduism, I'd like to say that such action targeting a foreign-origin
community is very rare...even if it did happen, conversion is better than being killed by Sunni muslims, if they had decided to stay in a Muslim country.

If the IS spreads, soon we'll be having people from a hell lot of more ME countries trying
to get refugee status in India. They're always welcome if they come with peace at heart.

Most of the conversions that have happened were volunteered for. There are so many people here who convert to Xtianity for money, become dissatisfied and return to Buddhism. None of them are forced.

It must be similar.

India has become home to so many foreigners and none have been approached by either RSS or VHP.

If they want to do it out of their will, why should we stop them?

France was really nice, they took in all the African and Middle Eastern refugees who were running away from their own country.

But look what happened. It's not just regular people who are running away, they are plenty of extremists coming with them.

You are right.

I for one am open to Yezidis coming.

There was a recent Yezidi delegation who met our PM for this. Their ancient faith is very similar to the Hindus community. They seem to be good people.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom