What's new

From humble beginnings (P-530) to the SuperHornet

FSLN

Reaction score
Hi guys this is my first thread..:wave:

just wanted to show you a few pics of the Northrop P-530 Cobra(later to become YF-17) and a few of the F/A-18 SuperHornet just so you can see how successful this 1960´s design has become...

I begin with the Northrop N-300(grand daddy of India´s Next MMRCA)

Parked Northrop P-530(05) and parked SuperHornet

Flying Cobra(YF-17) and Flying SuperHornet

continues...

some air acrobatics

I am praying because I want to see the SuperCobra(you can see the Hood on it) on Indian colors...:victory:

You forgot F-18L
I Just wanted to show the beginnings of the Now SuperHornet from the late 50's N-300 to the SuperHornet and their remarkable resemblance that speaks highly of their successful design..:smitten: and if it wins the MMRCA will serve India at least till 2040(making it an almost 100 years old design consept..:woot: )

Go SuperCobra....:victory:

well F 18 is superior or F 16 when comes to air to air engagements and air to ground i know superhornet is superior to F 16 when comes to maritime operation

well F 18 is superior or F 16 when comes to air to air engagements and air to ground i know superhornet is superior to F 16 when comes to maritime operation

f-8 is the mainstay of american navy. it is better multi role fighter. one of its job is to bomb enemy territory.

can you believe the Northrop N-300 basic design its Older than the Grumman 303 prototype?(fixed wing TomCat disign)..:woot:

can you believe the Northrop N-300 basic design its Older than the Grumman 303 prototype?(fixed wing TomCat disign)..:woot:

Seriously? Wow!
On another note I've wondered why the variable sweep wing design of the Tomcat is no longer used? You have any idea?

Block 60 beats Super hornet in every aspect and this comes from PAF pilots who happened to have trained on both.

some air acrobatics

I am praying because I want to see the SuperCobra(you can see the Hood on it) on Indian colors...:victory:
I can't believe this old plane is sitll flying...:disagree: and India will surely buy it...:lol:

I can't believe this old plane is sitll flying...:disagree: and India will surely buy it...:lol:

Your talking complete crap trying to point score with India . Whilst the two share a similar design they are completely different planes. Hell even the F-18(A-D) hornet and the F-18(E/F) Super-Hornet look almost identical but any pilot/expert will tell you they are two VERY different planes. The Super-Hornet was designed from the ground up with the MOST ADVANCED systems in the world onboard. Its first flight was only in 1999 so infect it is really only a 12 year old plane. And with the F-18 Super-Hornet road map from Boeing it has PLENTY of growth still in it.

It is the F-16 which is the real old timer and YOU are the ones holding out your begging bowl for these outdated machines.

It is the F-16 which is the real old timer and YOU are the ones holding out your begging bowl for these outdated machines.

SuperHornet
SuperViper
SuperEagle(Silent Eagle)

all of them are old design planes that are seeing thier last days of useful life...:azn: but I am sure you want the SuperCobra to be yours for the next 40 eyars....:lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom