What's new

Fully operational Nuclear Triad by 2012- Navy Chief

I Always thought it is the Jaguars that were the air-leg of the nuclear triad and the Mirages were the backup.

But Flankers present in this role is news to me ---- Perhaps this is due to the retrofitting of the 40 Flankers with the Brahmos missile which are nuke capable.?

p.s.:Now a days the Indian missile program is getting more and more murkier with all its myriad names. ;)

Gone are the good ol' days of Prithvi,Agni and Akash. :D

tests were carried out to check compatibility of jaguar as a platform for nuclear weapon in late 90s and early 2000s. the tests did not yield positive results. hence it was decided to use jaguar only as a conventional strike ac.

mirage version sold to india (2000H) was initially not nuclear capable. French airforce uses 2000N as nuclear strike platform. however indian mirage has now been modified to carry nuclear weapons. Hence sukhois and mirage are only two platforms available with IAF.

There is no plan to convert brahmos into a nuclear missile as india is still not signatory to CTBT and MTCR. brahmos has been planned as conventional weapon only. turning it into nuclear might invite serious objections from other powers.

K-4 has 3500 Km. range..Unless we have SSBNs carrying SLBMs with >5500 Km. range, We still lag...
As we know ARIHANTH is going through sea trials ..Anybody got any clue about the 2nd and 3rd boat of this class.. It was being said that IN will induct SSBNs every two years ...

tests were carried out to check compatibility of jaguar as a platform for nuclear weapon in late 90s and early 2000s. the tests did not yield positive results. hence it was decided to use jaguar only as a conventional strike ac.

mirage version sold to india (2000H) was initially not nuclear capable. French airforce uses 2000N as nuclear strike platform. however indian mirage has now been modified to carry nuclear weapons. Hence sukhois and mirage are only two platforms available with IAF.

Mirage I dont think has been fully upgraded to the Mirage 2000N standard for carrying nuke weapons and even the Sukhois at present if they have the capability, I am not sure.

please give a relevant source to it.

There is no plan to convert brahmos into a nuclear missile as india is still not signatory to CTBT and MTCR. brahmos has been planned as conventional weapon only. turning it into nuclear might invite serious objections from other powers.

Brahmos can be nuke tipped (Only the Blk I were not nuke capable,But after the development of Blk II and Blk III versions it is currently a nuke capable missile).

And it makes full sense only if the Brahmos is made Nuke capable either by covert or overt means and to mate it with the MKI for a potent Air Leg of the Triad.

And MTCR I guess only prohibits the range of a missile to be over 300km and CTBT is not relevant to this.

NTI: Global Security Newswire - Indian Nuke-Capable Cruise Missile Hits Target

India's Nuclear Capable Tactical Missiles Prithvi Ii, Brahmos And Shourya Part 1

PJ-10 BrahMos

When will INS Arihant will have K15 Sagarika operational , further do it is comparable with Tomahawk Cruise missile , if range of missile is not good how can it effect INS Arihant kill capability.? Seniors please put light

When will INS Arihant will have K15 Sagarika operational , further do it is comparable with Tomahawk Cruise missile , if range of missile is not good how can it effect INS Arihant kill capability.? Seniors please put light

I am No Senior, Pleas Bear with me.... K-15 is a Developed Platform which Soon Will Be tested from Arihant's Silos, Arihant will be Inducted Into the Navy by 2012 armed with K-15 and In the Mean time we will also have K-4 the SLBM version of Agni III

I am No Senior, Pleas Bear with me.... K-15 is a Developed Platform which Soon Will Be tested from Arihant's Silos, Arihant will be Inducted Into the Navy by 2012 armed with K-15 and In the Mean time we will also have K-4 the SLBM version of Agni III

:no::no::no:

K4 is entirely new platform..
Agni series is nowhere connected to this...

:no::no::no:

K4 is entirely new platform..
Agni series is nowhere connected to this...

The K -4 is actually based on AGNI 3 which was earlier called K-X:pop:

Dont compare Cruise missile to a billistic sub launched missile. They are different.

The current range is 800 kms and for the time being thats ready.

Hey Guys, can someone pls share any source for K4 missile testing or it is still in development stage. As never heard of seprate K4, SLBM for Arihant was to be based on Agni-3 missile.

Pls share any source if K4 is completly different than Agni-3 and its current status.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom