What's new

Future Farming, Made-in-China container greenhouses taking root in overseas markets

@Goenitz This is your field. How viable, sustainble and cost-effective can this be? Try to give a detailed answer if you have time.

@Goenitz This is your field. How viable, sustainble and cost-effective can this be? Try to give a detailed answer if you have time.
na yar.. automotive field ha.. yeh tau wasy hi interest ha.. :D I mean I have similar interest in war, strategies, equipment, etc but you know my knowledge in these fields ;) :P

na yar.. automotive field ha.. yeh tau wasy hi interest ha.. :D I mean I have similar interest in war, strategies, equipment, etc but you know my knowledge in these fields ;) :P
My whole life has been a lie :(

As mentioned before that it is very expensive. Plants mainly need UV light to grow, I guess medium or UVB
uvradiationgraphics_1024x1024.png

So better if they should use optical fibre + solar dish during day time. for 70-80% efficiency
Lastly, a good technique as pests are easily controlled, water is saved, easily fertilised, etc.

This can combined with this

And these containers can stack up and save lots of land area, vertical farming.

As mentioned before that it is very expensive. Plants mainly need UV light to grow, I guess medium or UVB
uvradiationgraphics_1024x1024.png

So better if they should use optical fibre + solar dish during day time. for 70-80% efficiency
Lastly, a good technique as pests are easily controlled, water is saved, easily fertilised, etc.

This can combined with this
If this is done at a massive scale, can it be cost be cost-effective?

If this is done at a massive scale, can it be cost be cost-effective?
It will be labour-intensive (combined system). So that will be the cost, mainly. The initial cost will be higher for these containers. Using artificial UV light will always be costly compared to growing under Sun (energy-wise).
Effective in terms of water and fertiliser distribution. Lesser pests and pesticides. Nonetheless, it will remain small scale but promotes household independency.

Last edited:
It will be labour-intensive (combined system). So that will be the cost, mainly. The initial cost will be higher for these containers. Using artificial UV light will always be costly compared to growing under Sun (energy-wise).
Effective in terms of water and fertiliser distribution. Lesser pests and pesticides. Nonetheless, it will remain small scale but promotes household dependency.
But they are worry free from natural disasters like flood or drought, and they can be used all year round.

Back
Top Bottom