What's new

Future infantry: unravelling the Indian Army's F-INSAS programme

Gangtok, Sikkim. :) Someone from sikkim is browsing this thread, so...

And on topic, judging by the timeline it has taken to decide on a new rifle or body armour, I don't know if this entire program will be completed before India actually does become the second largest economy, as our friend icewolf predicted.

Sir, this is also likely to take time with Indian GDP lowering to just above 5. The Indian Rupee has gone up from 40 to around 56, meaning more money would be required.

Sir, this is also likely to take time with Indian GDP lowering to just above 5. The Indian Rupee has gone up from 40 to around 56, meaning more money would be required.

That was precisely the point. I was making a joke on delays. The Indian economy is not going to overtake USA's for the next few decades at least. I was joking that F-INSAS just might take that long too.

When a new weapon system is inducted, it needs appropriate induction time, absorption time including training the soldiers, firing practices, use in exercises etc etc. It takes time.

The wars don't drop in like an uninformed guest. If you think this is how it happens, hmmmmm.

In two years, Indian Army would arm itself with boots only - I agree. Quote any new induction in Indian Army infantry which has been provided to all soldiers, in the last 5 years. Tumhara saban itna hi slow hai, what to do.

I hope I am able to explain myself - it takes a long time for news to reach Gongtank, Sickim, India.

if you had cared to keep an update on the Indian Army then you would have known many recent inductions have taken less the 5 years..For example compare the IA SF units,MARCOS and NSG before 26/11 and after.

F-INSAS conference last year IIRC:

NW5Bk.jpg

KAtUX.jpg

4ViAn.jpg

Latest F-INSAS vision:

oG4RC.jpg

Is there a latest solution ? If not then whats the point of your comment ?

Yes, there was something more "latest", in terms of date. That is what TATA showed in defense expo 2012. That's their concept for the future soldier concept for India.

The point is to clear the misinformation. That poster isn't even a part of the Indian F-INSAS program.

This isn't even Abingdonboy fault, because he got it from Kunal in MP.net. And he labeled it F-INSAS. When it's not even a part of the program.

The French, Polish, Indian companies, etc have shown their future soldier concepts to India. And many others will show their concepts, but it's not going/shouldn't to be labeled F-INSAS.

What is the point of your comment?

Yes, there was something more "latest", in terms of date. That is what TATA showed in defense expo 2012. That's their concept for the future soldier concept for India.

The point is to clear the misinformation. That poster isn't even a part of the Indian F-INSAS program.

This isn't even Abingdonboy fault, because he got it from Kunal in MP.net. And he labeled it F-INSAS. When it's not even a part of the program.

The French, Polish, etc have showed their future soldier concepts to India. But it's not going to be labeled F-INSAS.

What is the point of your comment?

Thanks mate, anyway AFAIK F-INSAS will involve a number of technologies from numerous sources both Indian and abroad so any one OEM displaying their renders of a future infantry concept for F-INSAS is mis-placed in doing so as the F-INSAS will not be sourced in its entirety from a single source. This also means every render we have seen up till now whether it be from a US company or TATA is wrong and NOT F-INSAS at all. We are still waiting for the offical F-INSAS renders annoyingly.

Thanks mate, anyway AFAIK F-INSAS will involve a number of technologies from numerous sources both Indian and abroad so any one OEM displaying their renders of a future infantry concept for F-INSAS is mis-placed in doing so as the F-INSAS will not be sourced in its entirety from a single source. This also means every render we have seen up till now whether it be from a US company or TATA is wrong and NOT F-INSAS at all. We are still waiting for the offical F-INSAS renders annoyingly.

Of course. And still there are some things that are not clear to me. Like if the assault rifle will be sourced from a foreign company with TOT or if they're going through with the Indian one. Or mix of both, I have no clue.

D.R.D.O's F-INSAS hydraulic-actuated anthropomorphic exoskeleton (HULC) module Enters Biomechanical Testing

It provides users the ability to carry loads up to 90 kilos for up to 20 kilometers on a single battery charge over all terrains.

Biomechanical testing of the D.R.D.O ruggedized HULC exoskeleton is now underway at the Indian Army Soldier Research, Development and Engineering Center.
The testing is expected to help shape future requirements for the HULC based on feedback from soldiers.

For seven weeks, Indian Army warfighters will be evaluated to assess the effects of load carriage with and without use of the HULC exoskeleton.
Biomechanical testing will measure changes in energy expended by users, assessing how quickly individuals acclimate to the system and whether there is a reduction in metabolic cost.

Testing will also determine if there is an improvement in metabolic efficiency as measured by oxygen consumption per unit total mass, when wearing the ruggedized HULC as compared to not wearing the device under identical load, speed, grade and duration conditions.

D.R.D.O's HULC is an un-tethered, battery powered, hydraulic-actuated anthropomorphic exoskeleton that provides users the ability to carry loads up to 90 kilos for up to 20 kilometers on a single battery charge over all terrains.
HULC's design allows for deep squats, crawls and upper-body lifting with minimal human exertion.

An advanced onboard micro-computer ensures the exoskeleton moves in concert with the operator.
HULC is an innovative solution that improves endurance and reduces the risk of injury to the soldier.

"Our latest generation of the HULC design provides unmatched flexibility, strength and endurance," said HULC program manager at D.R.D.O Missiles and Fire Control.

"It will enable soldiers to do things they cannot do today, while helping to protect them from musculoskeletal injuries."

The Department of Veterans Affairs reports that the most prevalent service-connected disabilities stem from musculoskeletal system injuries.

Following successful biomechanical evaluations, the ruggedized HULC system will transition to a series of field excursions to measure its utility in simulated operational environments.

Indian Headlines Beyond Vision 2020: D.R.D.O's F-INSAS hydraulic-actuated anthropomorphic exoskeleton (HULC) module Enters Biomechanical Testing

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom