What's new

[Gallery] Iran - Iraq war

How big are these minefields actually? are they in a flat area? Are these mines close near each other or spread? And why dont they clear the minefields with anti-mine vehicles.

My question as well :confused:. There was a documentary about people clearing mine fields a few years ago , The moment they were recording and speaking with one of them the mine exploded and he was killed in front of the camera .

I think there are better ways to do this which might be expensive but not as costly as people's lives .

My question as well :confused:. There was a documentary about people clearing mine fields a few years ago , The moment they were recording and speaking with one of them the mine exploded and he was killed in front of the camera .

I think there are better ways to do this which might be expensive but not as costly as people's lives .
Exactly brother, it's really dangerous to clear the mines with hands. I hope some expert could answer our question

:(

Why don't they use Taftan to clear the mines? Is it not feasible? Or is it because in their view Taftan worth more than human lives?

Hmm... I did a little bit of research, apparently Mine clearance using machinery is only 80% effective, good for wartime, but the standard set by UN is about 99.6%. Some also argue that some areas are inaccessible, therefore there is need for sappers!

Nonetheless, I still think they should use the machines first and only later send in the sappers!

Exactly brother, it's really dangerous to clear the mines with hands. I hope some expert could answer our question

:(

Why don't they use Taftan to clear the mines? Is it not feasible? Or is it because in their view Taftan worth more than human lives?

Hmm... I did a little bit of research, apparently Mine clearance using machinery is only 80% effective, good for wartime, but the standard set by UN is about 99.6%. Some also argue that some areas are inaccessible, therefore there is need for sappers!

Nonetheless, I still think they should use the machines first and only later send in the sappers!

because they are not new, they belongs decades ago and because of weather conditions like rain,snow and Flood, they are placing deeper in the ground or have changed their positions and machines like taftan cant be very effective. these machines are limited and cant move every where, also we have not the plans of some mine fields that mean we dont know where they are.

Liberation of Khorramshahr documentary ( In Farsi ) :

url

http://nos.etudfrance.com/?p=652

There are 2 parts in that page .

How many f14 losses have been reported throughout the war
F-14 losses: between 5 and 10
F-14 victories:160 including 58 mig-23s,23 mig-21s,9 mig-25,33 f-1s,23 su-17,1 mil-24,5 tu-22s,2 mig-27s,1 mirage 5(?),1 b-6d,1 Aérospatiale Super Frelon,2 unknown aircrafts.

and 1 soviet mig-25.

F-14 losses: between 5 and 10
F-14 victories:160 including 58 mig-23s,23 mig-21s,9 mig-25,33 f-1s,23 su-17,1 mil-24,5 tu-22s,2 mig-27s,1 mirage 5(?),1 b-6d,1 Aérospatiale Super Frelon,2 unknown aircrafts.

and 1 soviet mig-25.

according to the reports 1 or 2 of the Tomcats were shot down by our own forces over khark island .

One of the most stupid and unnecessary wars in recent history. That's a shame.

Its difficult to think that it lasted 8 years... even more difficult to believe that not even once did one of the belligerents stop up and consider a truce.

Back
Top Bottom