What's new

Gaza should be annexed by Egypt

Should Gaza be annexed by Egypt?

• Total voters
I must admit I have not fully read the entire thread, so the following may be repetition of something somebody has already mentioned. As part of the peace that was signed with egypt Israel actually asked egypt to anex Gaza. They refused to do so.
Yes, Sadat refused. This led to the creation of a popular skit of the period, depicting Israeli prime minister Menachem Begin dragging a trash can labeled "Gaza" back and forth across the stage, searching but never finding someone to take his load away from him.

Welcome the latest graduate from the Zaid Hamid school of stupidity. Replace Pakistan with Israel, and Ghazwa-e-Hind with Promised land and your dissertation is complete!

Ghazwa-e-Hind is already complete my friend. That was the conquest of Sind ! :P

That doesn't make any sense at all... It must be due to your sense of feeling frustrated and embarassed being a loser.

What he said makes perfect sense. Everyone with a little knowledge of the 1967 war -- the war Israel launched to capture the West Bank and Gaza -- knows who started conflict. In fact, even Israelis themselves say that this was a so-called pre-emptive war.

Menachem Begin, Israel's PM, during the 1980s, said of the war:
"In June 1967, we again had a choice. The Egyptian Army concentrations in the Sinai approaches do not prove that Nasser was really about to attack us. We must be honest with ourselves. We decided to attack him."

Abba Eban, Israel's FM during the war, wrote: "Nasser did not want war. He wanted victory without war."

And Michael Oren, Israeli ambassador to the US:
"By all reports Israel received from the Americans, and according to its own intelligence, Nasser had no interest in bloodshed. (...) Nasser would have to be deranged to take on an Israel backed by France and the U.S. Sixth Fleet. War, according to the Israelis, could only come about if Nasser felt he had complete military superiority over the IDF, if Israel were caught up in a domestic crisis, and, most crucially, was isolated internationally—a most unlikely confluence."

You're not even Israeli. Why are you here, defending Israel's wars of aggression with such vigour, to the point where you run your mouth on matters you know nothing about and insult people, calling them losers, over their nationality? Know your place and, please, go study something before opining again.

Anyway, about the poll's question, I find it interesting that Israel does have now a policy of pushing Gaza towards Egypt. In 1967 they wanted Gaza out of Egypt, now they want it in it. Israel has the coherence of a dizzy roach. A lesson to those who believe in the myth of Israel's strategic genius.

Ya I agree, even bin laden was created by west to counter soviet for invading Afghanistan,.... but what did we do, we didn't take ur land, Kashmir is given to us by its king,...just because its populated by Muslims , it doesn't mean it should be with Pakistan, that doesn't make any sense at all, there're lots of cities in India filled with Muslims, why don't u claim them...... ur claim is utterly false and that's why after decades u'll never get a favourable answer from UN.........
oh about a million in Kashmir , I believe its a bla bla from ur side and if so my answer would be to counter the terrorists u send increasingly everyday,...... got the answer for ur question?
Bla bla bla what about junagaarh and Hyderabad daccan their kings were in favour of Pakistan:P, even king of junagarh ceded to Pakistan:P, you are a double slandered nation, what about jodhpur, trancover, maldova , bhopal state kings, they all were forced to join india:P

Ghazwa-e-Hind is already complete my friend. That was the conquest of Sind ! :P

it was not a Ghazwa :P

somebozo said:
Because the US did not encourage Israelis to abandon their homes and promised them a "cleansed" homeland.

But Saudi,s did encouraged Palestinians:P

fair negotiations are conducted between equals or near equals,right now israel views arabs inferior.And for good reason given their track record of ineptitude.Throughout history peace requires a minimal mutual respect between 2 sides.Or at least respect induced from fear.
Right now arabs may hate israel but respect and fear its power despite all the jingoism in the rallys and press.
Israel on the other hand neither respects nor fears arabs.
This is why peace is difficult.

fair negotiations are conducted between equals or near equals,right now israel views arabs inferior.And for good reason given their track record of ineptitude.Throughout history peace requires a minimal mutual respect between 2 sides.Or at least respect induced from fear.
Right now arabs may hate israel but respect and fear its power despite all the jingoism in the rallys and press.
Israel on the other hand neither respects nor fears arabs.
This is why peace is difficult.

Excellent point.

I think Egypt brothers should take Gaza and Pakistan should take up Afghanistan its a very logical Move

I think Egyptians are very similar to Pakistanis , business minded , beach loving , song loving and entertainment loving people
some religious yet some very middle ground we have lots of similarities.

Both Egyptians and Pakistanis are very open minded and have been part great old civilizations so we understand about
freedom and respect to other humans very much

And I love Egyptian Music and culture

We should have a defence Pact with Egypt no doubt in my mind , a program where we can exchange Military intelligence and share resources and weapons

Flag-Pins-Pakistan-Egypt.jpg

I have always wished relations between Pakistan and Brotherly nation like Egypt to be closer and warmer

And I hope that our leaders realize the importance of closer relations :tup:

The Muslim world looks upon Turkey , Pakistan , Egypt as real democracies in Islamic world to bring change

Pakistan & Egypt made a joint demand from Security council to stop Israevil

Reference:
http://dailynewsegypt.com/2012/11/17/egyptian-pakistani-relations-warm-up/

This is a good start

facepalm azadpakistan post as well.anyways thanks for the usual laugh.I'm a fan.

I don't think that the options are complete. Egypt will never venture into such a serious risk especially at this tender time of its politics. It will be only attempting to annex at its own peril.

Welcome the latest graduate from the Zaid Hamid school of stupidity. Replace Pakistan with Israel, and Ghazwa-e-Hind with Promised land and your dissertation is complete!

There is this thing in the bible where Christians are supposed to facilitate this - at least that is the excuse the Republicans use for being pro-Israel.
thanks, thats exactly what I was arriving at. not that i care about palestine or jews. all those kind of divine right things never happen.

What is this Gazwa-e-Hind we are talking about

Egypt shoudl take Gaza makes military sense

What is this Gazwa-e-Hind we are talking about

Egypt shoudl take Gaza makes military sense

It is not like a walk in the park that they can simply "take it". They know their limits on a one-on-one war with Israel.

Right now Egypt's priority is to stabilize their economy and to develop back to a relatively progressive state.

War will only push them 30 years behind.

It is not like a walk in the park that they can simply "take it". They know their limits on a one-on-one war with Israel.

Right now Egypt's priority is to stabilize their economy and to develop back to a relatively progressive state.

War will only push them 30 years behind.

Gaza was ruled as a part Egypt after 1948 Arab-Israel war but lost it to Israel in 1967. Right now Egypt merging Gaza with Egypt will belittle Palestinian identity which Arabs don't want.

Back
Top Bottom