What's new

Germany’s Leopard 2 Tank Was Considered One of the Best (Until It Went to Syria)

SipahSalar

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
http://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...nk-was-considered-one-the-best-until-it-24234

C0YoTUoWIAASSnV.jpg

update-file-list-1200x474.png

Last edited:
The article is pretty interesting. I hope the tanks are not used as stationary weaponry, but support infantry and is in return supported by infantry.

what author does not mention is that Daeesh had state of the art anti-tank systems like Kornet, Konkurs and even BGM TOW

why they don't mention how many Syrian Arab Army tanks were taken out by them? Is T-90 not considered one of best Russian tanks anymore?

Why was it considered the best tank.. ? Because off made in Germany? That does not mean it's the best around tank of the world..

It's not a battle proven tank like Abraham's..

A tank must evolve in battle like in software, sensors, subsystems I even think merkava is better..

But this means it's not a bad tank just in my opinion it's overrated..

Not matter how good is the tank's armor, without good APS , any good ATGM will get their upper hand against it
APS's days might be numbered. Already we are hearing about jammers being issued to ground units and I have seen concept for on board jammers for ATGM's.

In the battle between defence and offence, the offence will typically win in the end. We saw it with Naval vessels and armour, we saw it with fortifications and artillary pieces, we saw it with suits of armour and muskets. I think in a few decades, tanks will go the way of the Horse.

APS's days might be numbered. Already we are hearing about jammers being issued to ground units and I have seen concept for on board jammers for ATGM's.

In the battle between defence and offence, the offence will typically win in the end. We saw it with Naval vessels and armour, we saw it with fortifications and artillary pieces, we saw it with suits of armour and muskets. I think in a few decades, tanks will go the way of the Horse.
It's not that easy to Jam a radar like u make it to be, and besides, it's known fact that every attack can be countered or any defense can be bypassed, it's only matter of technology.
It's a loop, but that doesn't mean we should stop invent technology just cause the other side will possibly find solutions against it in the future

One thing I'm still confused about is why we didn't just allow Aselsan to upgrade the Leo's. As far as I know, they came up with their own upgrade package. Maybe to repair ties with Germany?

electronics no problem
but addon armor,big problem,that LEO II NG had its armour from that german company dieselroth schlag mich tod sth like that

Al-Bab operation was against the time, SAA and YPG pushing on it through wake Turkey created... Hence spearhead was thrusted quickly. Afrin op is more methodical, Turkey isn't racing aganst any other faction pushing slowly and clearing - so far no armoured vehicle lost, Leopard 2A4 in vanilla configuration is cleaning house as a supportive asset.

APS... are already tricked... you just need to send 2 rockets... one behind the other at 3-5 sec intervals...
It' s a difficult stunt... but that how you "trick" it...
But IRL... no one will fire 2, one behid the other... at a short interval...

That's the low cost tactic... Jamming is another option...

Later on... manufacturers could make a rocket in 2 parts... with a decoy at front and the real one just few sec behind...

APS... are already tricked... you just need to send 2 rockets... one behind the other at 3-5 sec intervals...
It' s a difficult stunt... but that how you "trick" it...
But IRL... no one will fire 2, one behid the other... at a short interval...

That's the low cost tactic... Jamming is another option...

Later on... manufacturers could make a rocket in 2 parts... with a decoy at front and the real one just few sec behind...

Yep - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPG-30

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom