What's new

Gohar Rizvi has denied naming ISI behind Dacca attack.

Why are Pakistanis turning and twisting?

BD government never told that ISI is behind the attack. They are saying that they are looking at all possible angles including ISI link.

There is a video of the senior official of Hasina government who told that Jamaatul Mujahideen Bangladesh could be the terror organisation that is behind that terror attack, and there are credible links between Jamaatul and ISI.

What can one say? Just as one was bracing up to tell Muslims that their refusal to look inwards and to reform their own religion was a stumbling block, the saffron right wing came to political power, and one sees yet another chain of consequences starting up.
That's ok sir, but the point was to show that what's the narrative of international media since it is easier for Indians to refuse reporting by Pakistani news sources. But this is CNN.

Breaking news on ARY, special adviser to Bangladeshi PM, Gohar Rizvi has denied naming ISI behind Dacca attack, accuses the gutter Indian media for lying to malign Pakistan. He has protested strongly to the Indian media for them creating hype by twisting the whole episode.

Most of the Indian Media ...I really tell them a shit...What a crazy opinion...Without having proper authenticity, they should not publish any news...These kind of sensationalism news which is creating friction among India, Pakistan and BD....

Bangladesh refutes Indian media reports claiming Pakistan's links to Dhaka attack

ISLAMABAD: Bangladesh on Sunday refuted Indian media reports claiming it blamed Pakistan for the recent Dhaka cafe siege which killed at least 20 people.

Terming reports by Indian media as ‘fake’, Adviser to the Bangladesh Prime Minister on International Affairs Professor Gowher Rizvi assured Islamabad Dhaka did not blame Pakistan for the attack.

A letter to Islamabad on behalf of Rizvi in fact urged all countries, including Pakistan, to help Bangladesh in its fight against terror.

The Bangladesh High Commission in Islamabad issued a statement which quoted Rizvi as saying, “The statement issued by Indian media was ‘utter nonsense’ and that he has never issued any statement or spoken to any TV channel regarding the issue.”

“Professor Gowher Rizvi wanted me to convey this immediately to Islamabad so that there was no misunderstanding,” the letter read.

india.jpg

On Sunday, NDTV claimed the deadly terror attack was likely enabled by Pakistan’s premier spy agency ISI.

“Hossain Toufique Imam is the political adviser to Sheikh Hasina, the prime minister of Bangladesh. HT Imam told NDTV that the manner in which the hostages, which included a 19-year-old Indian student Tarishi Jain, were killed with machetes suggests the role of a local terrorist group, the banned Jamaatul Mujahideen,” the report said.

Last week, armed militants had killed 20 civilians after taking them hostage in a Bangladesh cafe overnight and many of the victims were hacked to death, an army spokesperson said.

T

“We’ve recovered 20 bodies. Most them had been brutally hacked to death with sharp weapons,” Brigadier General Nayeem Ashfaq Chowdhury told reporters in Dhaka, without giving the nationality of the victims.

Thirteen survivors were also rescued at the end of the siege in an upmarket neighbourhood of the capital Dhaka, including three foreigners.

“Three of those who were rescued were foreigners, including one Japanese and two Sri Lankans,” said the spokesperson.

Meanwhile, Pakistan rejected on Monday allegations of involvement in the Dhaka terror episode as “baseless, irresponsible and provocative”.

In response to media queries regarding allegations of Pakistan’s involvement in the attack, FO spokesperson Nafees Zakaria stressed that “these are highly regrettable, irresponsible and provocative stories being carried in the Indian media. They are utterly baseless and unfounded. Pakistan strongly rejects such allegations.”

The spokesperson referred the media to the statement of adviser to Bangladeshi PM, refuting the Indian media story.

“Pakistan deeply appreciates Prof Gowher’s timely rebuttal to the Indian media’s reports. Pakistan has strongly condemned the terrorist attack in Dhaka and expressed solidarity with the government and the brotherly people of Bangladesh and offered condolences and sympathised with the families of the victims,” Zakaria said.

“Pakistan condemns terrorism in all its forms and manifestations. Being itself one of the biggest victims of terrorism, Pakistan welcomes Prof Gowher Rizvi’s call for international cooperation to fight the menace of terrorism,” he added.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1135860...eports-claiming-pakistans-links-dhaka-attack/

@Areesh @HRK @Max @somebozo @Khafee @farhan_9909 @slapshot @Tipu7 @Arsalan

INDIAT10.jpg

Do you have like Bipolar disorder or something? I have posted a link that contains a video of the person stating the things they claim he said!

Do you have like Bipolar disorder or something? I have posted a link that contains a video of the person stating the things they claim he said!
No but you certainly seem to be suffering from dementia.....since you only listen to your self.
Let me shake your memory on what you concluded earlier.

did you guys fabricate this denial? You guys are just lame.

No but you certainly seem to be suffering from dementia.....since you only listen to your self.
Let me shake your memory on what you concluded earlier.

so agree that he did make that statement to NDTV. The denial was not fabricated. In your true honest personality you only tried to say the truth only that the denial was legit.....I just heard a noise....and something's now smelling....

so agree that he did make that statement to NDTV. The denial was not fabricated. In your true honest personality you only tried to say the truth only that the denial was legit.....I just heard a noise....and something's now smelling....
If you watch the interview, initially he just makes a passing reference to the ISI but obviously the reporter wanted to listen to something else thus stressed the same point on him. In any case, the bottom line is this is how the Bangladeshi themselves consider him.

LOL HT Imam. Folks, this was the guy, who became a CSP officer during PAK's era by using its resourses but went to India even 3 times a week to conspire against BD's patriots. He is known as a RAW's dalal even to many neutral people.

Many people don't know that this Gohar Rizvi went to Oxford on scholarship with the help of Pakistan Government right after 1971.

If you watch the interview, initially he just makes a passing reference to the ISI but obviously the reporter wanted to listen to something else thus stressed the same point on him. In any case, the bottom line is this is how the Bangladeshi themselves consider him.

All that NDTV said was that he made this statement. You can try to twist it one way or the other but you can't deny that those were exactly the words he said. NDTV never said he was right or wrong, all they said was that he made this reference, and that is factually correct.

That's ok sir, but the point was to show that what's the narrative of international media since it is easier for Indians to refuse reporting by Pakistani news sources. But this is CNN.

Wholly unnecessary, dear Sir.

Bangladesh is riven into two factions: one was outright hostile to West Pakistan, and as a consequence, is darkly suspicious about the initial arrangement itself. This line of thought is a distinct one, and it is a common West Pakistani mistake to think that it sprang into being from nowhere and was a brainchild of corrupted politicians from East Pakistan. It was nothing of the sort, and represented an older strand of Bengali independence in political thought that is obscured altogether in popular memory (not surprising; it represents a movement nearly a century old). You can ask Bangladeshis who are informed and trustworthy to explain to you the line represented by Fazlul Haq, Hassan Shaheed Suhrawardy, Maulana Bhashani and finally Mujibur Rahman. There were many links to the Muslim League on one side - Sher-e-Bangal actually moved the Lahore Resolution, which another forgotten person, an Ahmadiyya, had drafted - and to the Congress on the other. West Pakistanis, as a result, never trusted this branch.

The other branch represents the new classes created by Pakistan coming into existence - new men, many of them soldiers in the Pakistan Army, who in 1971 found the atrocities against the Bangalis unbearable, and against their own inclinations, revolted. This branch is much more centred on Islamic thought and is close to the Islamists, although they are themselves not Islamists. Many elements that had linked up with the Pakistani element in 1971, during the period when the Army and these civilian support elements were battling to intimidate the rebellious province into submission. This branch is the BNP, represented by a former soldier's widow, the former soldier being the kind of swashbuckler who had a well-decorated CO's jeep, with all the bling that could be placed on it.

The ISI established connections with elements in Bangladesh at some stage, which I will not venture to suggest; there is a lot of controversy of who was doing what to whom. These ISI connected elements formed the Islamist component in Bangladesh society; although in Pakistan proper, there is an increasing gulf between Islamists and the state (please notice my abstention from any adjective whatsoever), in Bangladesh (and in India) the ISI allied itself to Islamists. Just one of the very dangerous things that it keeps doing, and, in my opinion, one that it will one day, too late, come to regret bitterly.

Nobody sensible will say that the ISI was directly responsible for these atrocities that we saw.

The rest speaks for itself. There is no need to bring CNN into the witness box. Honestly. As they put it in laconic Latin, verb. sap.

Wholly unnecessary, dear Sir.

Bangladesh is riven into two factions: one was outright hostile to West Pakistan, and as a consequence, is darkly suspicious about the initial arrangement itself. This line of thought is a distinct one, and it is a common West Pakistani mistake to think that it sprang into being from nowhere and was a brainchild of corrupted politicians from East Pakistan. It was nothing of the sort, and represented an older strand of Bengali independence in political thought that is obscured altogether in popular memory (not surprising; it represents a movement nearly a century old). You can ask Bangladeshis who are informed and trustworthy to explain to you the line represented by Fazlul Haq, Hassan Shaheed Suhrawardy, Maulana Bhashani and finally Mujibur Rahman. There were many links to the Muslim League on one side - Sher-e-Bangal actually moved the Lahore Resolution, which another forgotten person, an Ahmadiyya, had drafted - and to the Congress on the other. West Pakistanis, as a result, never trusted this branch.

The other branch represents the new classes created by Pakistan coming into existence - new men, many of them soldiers in the Pakistan Army, who in 1971 found the atrocities against the Bangalis unbearable, and against their own inclinations, revolted. This branch is much more centred on Islamic thought and is close to the Islamists, although they are themselves not Islamists. Many elements that had linked up with the Pakistani element in 1971, during the period when the Army and these civilian support elements were battling to intimidate the rebellious province into submission. This branch is the BNP, represented by a former soldier's widow, the former soldier being the kind of swashbuckler who had a well-decorated CO's jeep, with all the bling that could be placed on it.

The ISI established connections with elements in Bangladesh at some stage, which I will not venture to suggest; there is a lot of controversy of who was doing what to whom. These ISI connected elements formed the Islamist component in Bangladesh society; although in Pakistan proper, there is an increasing gulf between Islamists and the state (please notice my abstention from any adjective whatsoever), in Bangladesh (and in India) the ISI allied itself to Islamists. Just one of the very dangerous things that it keeps doing, and, in my opinion, one that it will one day, too late, come to regret bitterly.

Nobody sensible will say that the ISI was directly responsible for these atrocities that we saw.

The rest speaks for itself. There is no need to bring CNN into the witness box. Honestly. As they put it in laconic Latin, verb. sap.
Well sir,
You delved deep into the history and to which I may agree with you on certain parts and of course disagee on the rest but that's a whole different story and merits a separate discussion though I think that it may not be helpful since India and Pakistan have well documented differences and we will only sling mud on each other. Also I'm engaged in explaining the basics of aerodynamics and flight mechanics on another thread (Tejas vs JF-17 Thunder) where the discussion is slightly more technical and I'm trying to share my knowledge in a easy to understand manner for the not-so-technical audience of the thread. And I love that because there is no mud slinging and only simple, and empirical science, in which I have formal education and a passion.

My main reason to draw your attention to the post was to show you and other members how and what the international media is reporting as we try to disregard each other's media on covering the horrible incident in Bd. I'm not even trying to refute or accept any claims just showing the other side so that the people calm down and I would rather advise the people to wait and let the dust settle to see the clear picture.

Last edited:
Well sir,
You delved deep ino the history and to which I may agree with you on certain parts and of course disagee on the rest but that's a whole different story and needs a separate discussion though I think that may not be helpful since India and Pakistan have well documented differences and we will only sling mud on each other. Also I'm engaged in explaining the basics of aerodynamics and flight mechanics on another thread (Tejas vs JF-17 Thunder) where the discussion is slightly more technical and I'm trying to share my knowledge in a easy to understand manner for the not-so-technical audience of the thread. And I love that because there is no mud slinging and only simple, and empirical science, in which I have formal education and a passion.

My main reason to draw your attention to the post was to show you and other members how and what the international media is reporting as we try to disregard each other's media on covering the horrible incident in Bd. I'm not even trying to refute or accept any claims just showing the other side so that the people calm down and I would rather advise the people to wait and let the dust settle to see the clear picture.

What mud was slung?

Pakistan is unique in that Pakistanis don't know their own history.

Pakistan rejects allegations of involvement in Dhaka attack

Pakistan rejects allegations of involvement in Dhaka attack
MATEEN HAIDER — PUBLISHED ABOUT 5 HOURS AGO
WHATSAPP
59 COMMENTS
PRINT
ISLAMABAD: The Foreign Office (FO) on Monday strongly rejected Indian media reports alleging Pakistan's involvement in the recent Dhaka attack in which 20 foreigners were killed.

In a statement, FO Spokesman Nafees Zakaria termed the allegations baseless and the reporting of such stories in Indian media "highly regrettable".

A section of India media had reported that Bangladesh Information MinisterHasanul Haq and Adviser to Bangladesh Prime Minister Gowher Rizvi blamed Pakistan and its intelligence agency Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) for the attacks.

"These stories are utterly baseless and unfounded. Pakistan strongly rejects such allegations," the FO spokesman added.

Zakaria said Pakistan deeply appreciates Gowher Rizvi's timely rebuttal to Indian media’s reports.

Rizvi contacted Pakistan’s high commissioner to Bangladesh and confirmed that the Bangladeshi government did not issue any such statement regarding Pakistan and that Indian media reports in this regard are false.

He also advised Pakistan’s high commissioner to convey this clarification to the government of Pakistan in order to avoid any misunderstanding between the two countries.

Pakistan has strongly condemned the terrorist attack in Dhaka and expressed solidarity with the government and the people of Bangladesh, and offered condolences to the families of the victims.

The FO said that Pakistan condemns terrorism in all its forms and manifestations.

"Being a victim of terrorism itself, Pakistan welcomes Prof. Gowher Rizvi’s call for international cooperation to fight the menace of terrorism."

http://www.dawn.com/news/1269040/pakistan-rejects-allegations-of-involvement-in-dhaka-attack

These days i dont even bother opening threads or Reading News related to some one Blaming Pakistan or ISI for any disaster which they were unable to prevent,.. so what they do is blame Pakistan or ISI and the case is closed off their chests.. WHy dont u guy grows some balls and go find the people who ACTUALLY DID it.

Well sir,
You delved deep ino the history and to which I may agree with you on certain parts and of course disagee on the rest but that's a whole different story and needs a separate discussion though I think that may not be helpful since India and Pakistan have well documented differences and we will only sling mud on each other. Also I'm engaged in explaining the basics of aerodynamics and flight mechanics on another thread (Tejas vs JF-17 Thunder) where the discussion is slightly more technical and I'm trying to share my knowledge in a easy to understand manner for the not-so-technical audience of the thread. And I love that because there is no mud slinging and only simple, and empirical science, in which I have formal education and a passion.

Actually I am puzzled by that response.
  1. What do you agree with?
  2. What do you disagree with?
  3. What differences are you talking about?
I am not in the least interested in the role of ISI. My post was to explain the dynamics of politics and society in Bangladesh.

Back
Top Bottom