What's new

Golden Globe award win by Indian (Rahman first Indian to win Golden Globe)

sha123

Reaction score
NEW YORK: Music
maestro A R Rahman, who became the first Indian to win the prestigious Golden Globe Award, dedicated it to the "billion people of Indian", as British Director Danny Boyle's Mumbai-based saga 'Slumdog Millionaire,' bagged four prizes at the ceremony on Monday
A Mumbai underdog's rags-to-riches story, 'Slumdog Millionaire', swept all the four categories it was nominated for, winning the best director award for Boyle, the best music score for Rahman, best screenplay for Simon Beaufoy and also in the category of best drama.

Rahman, who won the coveted prize for his music score 'Jai Ho' in the film, thanked the director and his fellow musicians in Mumbai and Chennai, besides the "billion people from India".

"Unbelievable..! I thought, I would not win, so anyways thanks to the almighty God for bringing me here... Danny Boyle, Fox pictures, all my musicians in Chennai, Mumbai,... and the billion people from India," he said while accepting the award.

Director Danny Boyle bagged the best director award, while Simon Beaufoy won the best screenplay award for the film that starred Bollywood actors Anil Kapoor, Irrfan Khan and British Indian Dev Patel.

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, who was at the ceremony to represent India, introduced the film to the foreign audience with 'Slumdog' actress Frieda Pinto.

It is also the first Golden Globe for 52-year-old Boyle, who is expected to be among the favourites at next month's Oscars following the phenomenal success of the film at award circuits.

Here is the Image

3d1dff2633eb8e4a51503ccb73ab136c.jpg

Last edited:
This is supposed to be the "Current events and Social Issues" section for "PAKISTAN"!

Keep this Bulls**t out of here.

This is supposed to be the "Current events and Social Issues" section for "PAKISTAN"!

Keep this Bulls**t out of here.
This is a current event, and Pakistan is not Specified, if it is then It can be removed! But PLZ dont be such a grouch!

This is a current event, and Pakistan is not Specified, if it is then It can be removed! But PLZ dont be such a grouch!

If you would've looked closely at the "Icon" of this section of the forum, it displays a Pakistani flag. Which CLEARLY states that this section isn't for some Singer from India and his recent achievements.

Not so hard to comprehend. So instead of telling me not be a "Grouch", you should try not to act like a complete Imbecile. Would work in your favour.

If you would've looked closely at the "Icon" of this section of the forum, it displays a Pakistani flag. Which CLEARLY states that this section isn't for some Singer from India and his recent achievements.

Not so hard to comprehend. So instead of telling me not be a "Grouch", you should try not to act like a complete Imbecile. Would work in your favour.
So you mean to say only Pakistani current events can be posted in here? Is that it? Would you have bothered if it said that Hans Zimmer got the globe??? No you wouldnt be bothered, but since this guy is an Indian You are shunning it away discounting the factor that its a CURRENT EVENT!!!!

So you mean to say only Pakistani current events can be posted in here? Is that it? Would you have bothered if it said that Hans Zimmer got the globe??? No you wouldnt be bothered, but since this guy is an Indian You are shunning it away discounting the factor that its a CURRENT EVENT!!!!

Ohhh pleasseeee stop whining! You were sane enough to post your "Favourite Bollywood" movie thread in the "Members club" but you're defending this post in this section? There's also a section called "GENERAL images and Multimedia". That part of the forum isn't restricted to youtube videos and images from google.

Oh and by the way, the Category these sections fall into are called "Geo-Political Arena -Discussions related to Geo-Political and current issues."

It's OBVIOUSLY regarding Pakistan. Observe the thumbnails of the sub-categories. Map of pakistan, SSG commandos, Benazir and Nawaz, and a PAKISTANI FLAG!

Doesn't that tell you something?

I view this as a Current Event and a News worthy event! The rest is up to the Mods. God Speed.

Mods please move this thread or tear it down all together, it's clearly in the wrong section, Bollywood achievements do not belong on current events and social issues under the geo-political arena.

They don't belong anywhere on this forum to be honest. But oh well ... :whistle:

Congrats A R Rahman - the soundtrack is truly genius.

However, I think the thread should be in Member's Club ;)

^^^^^ I thought they would all be lovey dovey , since they feel so much for the minority Indian muslims and shed tears of blood for the muslims in India and Kashmir (and everywhere else for that matter). The poster of this article probably felt that it would be no issues to post this news as its related to A.R.Rahman ;)

It is superize me for some of the friend from Pakistan side is not in support of posting this threat in current event…
On the other hand we should support of sub-continent talent in this case A R Rahman How become the lead in art world for our sub-continent too. Don’t you thing think sub-continent talent recognize there... That will benefited to each area..

Back
Top Bottom