What's new

Government game, players not thrilled about Pakistan tour

Zulqarnain Haider tried to act smart by acting out a farcical situation in an attempt to get asylum (& UK citizenship) right after the spot-fixing incidents in England. But he failed miserably.

Sure man, and India is trying to act smart by acting out a farcical situation in an attempt to malign Pakistan's glowing reputation. In fact, it was India which orchestrated the attack on Sri Lankan cricketers to stop Pakistan from playing international cricket.

[/sarcasm]

Sure man, and India is trying to act smart by acting out a farcical situation in an attempt to malign Pakistan's glowing reputation. In fact, it was India which orchestrated the attack on Sri Lankan cricketers to stop Pakistan from playing international cricket.

[/sarcasm]

It is a fact that the BCCI has a strong hold of international cricket affairs, the head of the ICC is an Indian, they have a crazy cricket loving nation of 1.1 billion people, I think its perfectly reasonable that they have played more than a big part in not letting Pakistan host cricket events on its soil.

Some more info about the bomb blasts in Bangalore before an IPL cricket game in 2010:

Kiwis caught up in Indian cricket bomb blasts

Kiwis caught up in Indian cricket bomb blasts

The safety of the New Zealand contingent to the Commonwealth Games in India in October is again in the spotlight after two bombs exploded outside a cricket stadium in Bangalore yesterday, injuring 10 people.

The blasts hit outside Chinnaswamy Stadium, where the Bangalore Royal Challengers and the Mumbai Indians were about to take the field as part of the Indian Premier League tournament.

A third small bomb which had failed to explode was later found on the roof of a ticket counter at the stadium as police combed the venue with sniffer dogs, said police inspector K. Raghuram said.

New Zealand's Simon Doull, who was preparing to commentate at the IPL game at the city's Chinnaswamy Stadium, said the explosions felt like a heart attack and were one heck of a shock.

Black Caps batsman Ross Taylor, who was preparing to play for the hometown Bangalore Royal Challengers, was also close to the twin blasts.

The pair were taken to a concrete bunker for a safety briefing before the game started two hours later.

The security situation for cricket in India is just as bad as it is in Pakistan, & links prove that. Tell me, besides the 2009 shooting incident, what other incident has taken place against cricketers in Pakistan?

Silly argument. It's like arguing " tell me what incidents have taken place against cricketers in Afghanistan or Somalia?" Does that render those places secure for sports? Pakistan has a serious security problem and if there have been no further attacks/attempts of attacks against cricketers, it's because they are no one coming who can be targeted.
Your discussing blasts at the stadium in Bangalore is a escapist argument. No one was killed and the players were nowhere near the blasts. Secondly, it's about the overall atmosphere & players around the world feel comfortable enough to play not just in Bangalore but all over India during the IPL & previously during the world cup. The biggest threat that these cricketers face in India is not from any homegrown groups but Pakistani ones who might try & do a Mumbai Part II.

Btw, that IPL match in Bangalore was played. It wasn't abandoned like the Sri Lankan tour.

Who cares if they don't come? They in fact shouldn't come and stay in bharat, Pakistan shouldn't tour bharat for the next two decades at least. ICC has rules where a government can stop a team from touring another country without any penalties. Pakistan government should do that (not sure if they will though).

Who cares if they don't come? They in fact shouldn't come and stay in bharat, Pakistan shouldn't tour bharat for the next two decades at least. ICC has rules where a government can stop a team from touring another country without any penalties. Pakistan government should do that (not sure if they will though).

Agreed. :cheers:

Your board cares. All that moolah! So do your players. If they don't play India, the board will never have enough funds to pay your players like other countries do. Also since the moolah from the IPL seems distant, your players will need an India series if they are going to earn a handsome living. That would also probably open the IPL route to a few of them. One of the reasons that your players are targeted by bookies is because they are paid the least among the big teams & are therefore thought to be more open to approaches.

Enough reasons there, I think.

The security situation for cricket in India is just as bad as it is in Pakistan, & links prove that. Tell me, besides the 2009 shooting incident, what other incident has taken place against cricketers in Pakistan?

Well I do not think so. Overall as I see in the news Pakistan is so so dangerous. Leave cricketers, people who lead the country Benazir Bhutto, Punjab Gov, a Federal Minister all were killed in Broad Day light and in capital.

I think in Pakistan terrorist like to kill high profile target, in India just poor people. If there is a question of security India is risky, Pakistan is Dangerous and Afghanistan is Explosive (Just to add to context) and here in Thailand it is Safe. So come to Thailand and play and I would be lucky to see live cricket in my life time :)

Well I do not think so. Overall as I see in the news Pakistan is so so dangerous. Leave cricketers, people who lead the country Benazir Bhutto, Punjab Gov, a Federal Minister all were killed in Broad Day light and in capital.

I think in Pakistan terrorist like to kill high profile target, in India just poor people. If there is a question of security India is risky, Pakistan is Dangerous and Afghanistan is Explosive (Just to add to context) and here in Thailand it is Safe. So come to Thailand and play and I would be lucky to see live cricket in my life time :)

Indira Gandhi & Rajiv Gandhi, as well as the father of the Indian nation has been murdered my friend ;)

because our government not support them

Cricket & politics are two separate matters my friend. Which is why I'm not going into detail about your support for the LTTE in the 80's & the 90's against Sri Lanka ;)

There is no problem for game between India and Pakistan but It should not be Played in pakistan Seeing current situation , ICC Has banned International matched in Pakistan. Either It should be played in Neutral venue or India.

We cant risk our players to get KIlled by some ' Islamlic fanatics '.

Most likely this game should be played at Neutral venue Like U.A.E.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom