What's new

Great man of the sub continent-Alama Iqbal

oh right, i got it. please share his poems here. does he have any english poems?

you probably have never heard his poems before :lol: thats why asking such a question

Do you understand Urdu script? if yes i can share a good site of him

read as much as you like

you probably have never heard his poems before :lol: thats why asking such a question

Do you understand Urdu script? if yes i can share a good site of him

read as much as you like

I understand some urdo and i should be ok to extract some ideas from his urdo poetry. i dont know anything about his english poetry thats why i asked this question. secondly, i am well aware of Iqbal's poetries, we used to read some of his poems at school. you should know that he had lots of Farsi poems, the number of his Farsi poems are more than his Urdo poetry. i can google and find his poetry online, it is not that difficult, but sharing it with friends here and talk about it will be enjoyable.

this one's just for unity :cheers:

(though written in roman script, I'll improvise I promise) ;)

baagh e iram sey mujhay hukm e safar diyaa that kyun ?

Translation: (addressing God) bade me to leave Eden, Why?

kaar e Jahaan daraaz hey, ab miraa intezaar kar!

Translation: my life is unfinished, now wait for me!

this has deep spiritual meaning! it is hard to translate, addressing God in this manner is not out of disrespect, infact it is just the opposite, it is out of great love for God, when you reach a stage where God is like a guardian/friend to you!.

goes on to say, why did you separate me from yourself(Eden), now that you have, I am going to lengthen the bitterness of this separation (intended either way - man and God), thereby saying in his own way, like a child, who is grounded, and hurts himself just so the parent would also feel the pain!

In short: it is the expression of a level of deep love for God.

Last edited:
shiqwa and jawab e shiqua all time best by iqbal

and jugnu(firefly) best children poem bu allama iqbal!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i know 60-70% of Shikwa and Jawab-e-Shikwa by heart

its really nice...... i feel like kissing Iqbal for these two poems

the above video is just one part of Jawab-e-Shikwa u can find all 2 parts of Shikwa and 3 parts of Jawab-e-Shikwa from youtube

Shikwa

Part 1 of 2

Part 2 of 2

Jawab-e-Shikwa

Part 1 of 3

Jawab-e-Shikwa Part 2 of 3

Jawab-e-Shikwa Part 3 of 3

as said by Allama Saab

Yeh dor apne Ibrahim ki talash main hai
Sanam kada hai jahan Laa Illa ha illal-la