What's new

Greece is in panic on impending acquisition of the F-35 by Turkey

soon time will come when Turkey will reclaim the Islands off it's coast. :cheers:

You are simply being idiotic .. .

Turkey should have captured the whole of cyprus and should have pulverized greece back to stone age. Greece should be put in their place if they make to much noise.

You are even more moronic than the guy above and both of you are uneducated. Clearly

Says a deluded Armenian behind his PC.

He may be an Armenian, but he is not deluded.

There is a great big number of Turkish people who dream of Turkey attacking Greece. Besides how clearly moronic this is, both Countries are NATO members. Greece is also an EU member, and even if Greece leaves the eurozone, it will still be an EU member.

You can't simply attack Greece no matter how much some of you want this.

Perhaps you should see if you can find a proper response for Syria who caught you with your pants down.

and just so I am clear, I sympathise with the pilot's families, I am sorry for their loss, and my criticism goes out to the commanding officers who planned and ordered this failed mission.

And just so you don't think I am avoiding the topic. Yes Greek military is panicking about the F-35. As indeed we should.

Because if we are to find some solution to this problem, it will be through panicking and seriously looking at the new situation.

Believe me nobody wants to invade Greece or something like that(some thinks taking the islands would be good though :D), people is mocking about taking Greece etc. because Greeks trying to hold a military piss contest with Turkey , so its just simply mocking nobody seriously thinking about invading Greece, some nutcases may be, absolutely a little minority.

amalakas, we don't want to invade or attack Greece. That would just be stupid. However, you guys on the other hand flinch every time we make a fast move. :) It just kills us... We roll on the floor, laugh and crap. Ridiculous really. We have fun with you guys. So much fun :D

You are simply being idiotic .. .

You are even more moronic than the guy above and both of you are uneducated. Clearly

He may be an Armenian, but he is not deluded.

There is a great big number of Turkish people who dream of Turkey attacking Greece. Besides how clearly moronic this is, both Countries are NATO members. Greece is also an EU member, and even if Greece leaves the eurozone, it will still be an EU member.

You can't simply attack Greece no matter how much some of you want this.

Perhaps you should see if you can find a proper response for Syria who caught you with your pants down.

and just so I am clear, I sympathise with the pilot's families, I am sorry for their loss, and my criticism goes out to the commanding officers who planned and ordered this failed mission.

And just so you don't think I am avoiding the topic. Yes Greek military is panicking about the F-35. As indeed we should.

Because if we are to find some solution to this problem, it will be through panicking and seriously looking at the new situation.

Claim 12 nm and see what will happen.

Claim 12 nm anwed see what will happen.

Nothing will. Just like nothing happened all the other times.

And I don't think u even fully understand the 12nm issue.

amalakas, we don't want to invade or attack Greece. That would just be stupid. However, you guys on the other hand flinch every time we make a fast move. :) It just kills us... We roll on the floor, laugh and crap. Ridiculous really. We have fun with you guys. So much fun :D
Yes because the fast move is inside our airspace.

Which is international airspace for us :) I think it was clear in the beginning that trying to expand national airspace was not going to positively effect tensions in Aegean sea.

Which is international airspace for us :) I think it was clear in the beginning that trying to expand national airspace was not going to positively effect tensions in Aegean sea.

and that is why it hasn't been expanded ;)

Greece claims 10 nm of national airspace which is Turkey rejects :)

Does the HAF have any plans to procure or jointly develop a low observable aircraft of some type? Or is it just a matter of waiting for the f-35 until it's in mass production?

They don't have money.

If they can they should focus on maintaining their current fleets.

Does the HAF have any plans to procure or jointly develop a low observable aircraft of some type? Or is it just a matter of waiting for the f-35 until it's in mass production?

Not as such. There is a 4 fold semi developed plan.

1. Upgrade current fleet.
2. procure second hand fighters ( a mixture of F-15s and F-16s is preferred)
3. Upgrade Anti aircraft arsenal and up the numbers.
4. Examine the option of committing to buy about 48 Sukhoi Su-35BM and perhaps get in line for the PakFA after 2018.

I don't believe the Rafale and the EF2000 are options any longer. Unless they will be given to us by force.

The F-35 will be needed and wanted, but not before 2020 or so, other countries have priority.

They don't have money.

If they can they should focus on maintaining their current fleets.

We have very small budgets is more correct. I believe only 2.5 bn for the new fighter and about 1 bn for upgrades. These are not enough money for serious amounts of F-35s only about 20 or so.

Nothing will. Just like nothing happened all the other times.

And I don't think u even fully understand the 12nm issue.

Yes because the fast move is inside our airspace.

spppper1ii3.jpg

NO COMMENT TV

No offence of course but for what reason Greece still trying to expand its military ? doesn't she have a serious crisis to get over first ? where is that money coming from ? logically a country should just maintain what she have currently.

No offence of course but for what reason Greece still trying to expand its military ? doesn't she have a serious crisis to get over first ? where is that money coming from ? logically a country should just maintain what she have currently.

Non taken.

Greece has the long term dispute with Turkey. Turkey has in eastern Thrace the largest concentration of forces anywhere in the world right now. About 100.000 personal in total. This exceeds the total number of armed forces in the whole of Greece. Even if you are a pacifist you take these things seriously.

We are trying to keep what we have. Mainly the F-16 fleet and M2000-5s. The A-7s and F-4s will be shifted out gradually. It is uneconomical to keep these planes on active duty. They cost too much money.

This money isn't coming from anywhere, it is part of the budget, which is systematically approved by the IMF, ECB,EU. So there is an amount approved. But not much in comparison to previous years. So in total over 5 years about 3.5 bn will be approved. It is not really serious money.

spppper1ii3.jpg

NO COMMENT TV

perhaps you care to see this ?

turk+f16+cuaght+in+gun+sights+of+greek+Military++F-1+mirage.jpeg

To the uneducated, this is an armed F-16C in the sights of a Greek Mirage F-1C, a generation older plane. And is it clear that the F-16 is armed. Just to clear that up too.

larger numbers don't make up for quality of personnel. You found that out again when your commanders designed a flawed mission for one of your recon planes and it got shot down. Where I come from this is bad leadership.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom