What's new

Greta Thunberg

Greta..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is a concept called ISRU - In Situ Resource Utilization - which is about using materials found locally on space objects ( planets etc ) to create such things as concrete, liquid water, rocket fuel etc. This is for allowing less dependency on Earth.
There are many concepts... if it was so easy.. Humans have populated moon long ago. This is just pure BS created by some rich shadowy people to fool rest of the mankind.

I see a child being indoctrinated by climate change advocacy groups, to serve as their FACE in international forums and move masses with flowery statements.

People are suffering; People are dying. Like seriously? :rolleyes: There are thousands of causes actually, and pollution is just one.

I see a child being indoctrinated by climate change advocacy groups, to serve as their FACE in international forums and move masses with flowery statements.

People are suffering; People are dying. Like seriously? :rolleyes: There are thousands of causes actually, and pollution is just one.

Actually yes people are suffering and dying.

Look at the flooding in our own country, or rising sea levels in Bangladesh, the Maldives is likely to be uninhabitable soon. Try drinking the groundwater in most of Pakistan, see how well you feel. That's caused by pollution, not air pollution, but pollution of the water. There is so much waste plastic in the sea you can find it in the stomaches of the fish we catch.

I was last in Pakistan in 2015, the air near the airport and surrounding roads was terrible. it wasn't clean until we got into the rural areas. When we entered the forested area just before the dadyal bridge all i could smell was pine, it was amazing. Nearly everyone has alergies and asthma, hayfever. it's caused by pollutants in the air.

climate change is a reality but greta is mentally sick.

People aren't suffering enough. People aren't dying enough. That's why laymen aren't fearful of what's coming.

If we fail to stop global warming at its current pace, death and suffering will follow on an unprecedented scale. And it will be too late to stop it.

Pollution is creating a situation where the rest of the causes will seem like minor headaches.

She seems fake to me. Maybe used by the government and her family for their own benefits and as a political tool.

The emotions she showed during her speech and to Donald Trump were really exaggerated and surely (((they))) could have chosen someone better.

She also seems to be on puberty blockers but can’t cofirm though.

People aren't suffering enough. People aren't dying enough. That's why laymen aren't fearful of what's coming.

If we fail to stop global warming at its current pace, death and suffering will follow on an unprecedented scale. And it will be too late to stop it.
Bro,

Misconception: WE cannot stop global warming. This phenomenon is inevitable, and have multiple facilitators including natural, solar and modern industries.

I have two thought provoking analogies to share.

Analogy # 1

Millions of years ago, a gigantic superpredator inhabited and ruled the oceans, identified as the Megalodon today. This species hunted whales for breakfast. Even though mankind have spent decades to understand this species and map its behavior, WE are still not sure how and why it disappeared (i.e. became extinct). Theories include pressures of climate change, extraterrestrial activities, and competition, but none is concrete. Every year, a new theory come to light and make lot of headlines, but many just roll their eyes.

Extinction paves way for new lifeforms to emerge and flourish on Earth, this is a cycle.

Allah Almighty have not promised mankind biological immortality either, WE will not last forever.

Analogy # 2

Scientists first noticed the ozone hole over Antartica in the 1970s. They were in shock and published papers explaining how industrial practices were harming the ozone layer, and aggressively pushed for global implementation of Montreal Protocol.

Years later, ozone hole still exist and is now understood to be a natural phenomenon. Depending upon different factors, it may contract or expand over time. However, it is a constant. However, climate change advocacy groups will continue to boast about how they saved the ozone layer and that it is healing. What a joke.

--- --- ---

I am all for promoting eco-friendly practices. But let us be realistic here.

WE can push for reforms in our industrial practices but WE need to have realistic expectations. Industries are the primary drivers of modern economies and way of life; WE cannot just shut them down or force them to commit to unrealistic deadlines for switching to eco-friendly practices. Scientists should rather devote their attention to helping industries adopting eco-friendly practices, but these shifts will be slow to materialize. Even eco-friendly electric vehicles are not possible without mining industries.

Sorry but mankind is not returning to jungles to appease some hypocritical cum stupid climate change advocates.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom