What's new

Growing ties between Turkey, China, Iran worry Israel and U.S.

challenger

BANNED
Reaction score
Growing ties between Turkey, China, Iran worry Israel and U.S. - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Turkey held military drill with China, after canceling with Israel; cooperation also reflected in weapons deals, with Iran buying from China mainly missile technology.

By Anshel Pfeffer

The United States and Israel are watching with concern the growing military cooperation among Turkey, China and Iran, especially following a joint Turkish-Chinese air-force exercise last week.

Until two years ago Israel was Turkey's main partner for air combat training.

In 2001 the Turkish air force inaugurated a tactical air warfare center in Konya with Israel and the United States.

Until 2008 the Israel Air Force was a frequent guest in Turkey's sky and a regular participant in the country's big annual exercise, Anatolian Eagle.

In the wake of Operation Cast Lead and the subsequent deterioration of bilateral relations Turkey last year revoked Israel's participation in the maneuvers. The United States decided not to take part in the exercise this year because of that decision. A number of other NATO members followed suit.

Turkey replaced the Israel Air Force with its Chinese counterpart. China sent Sukhoi SU-27 fighter aircraft and pilots to train with Turkey's F-16 fighters. In the past these exercises were held in relatively openness, but last week they were held covertly, with only a brief report appearing in the Turkish media after the exercise.

The West has been watching the changes in the Chinese army's structure, and especially the long-range naval and aerial exercises that indicate Beijing's intention to acquire the ability to conduct warfare far from China's borders.

The Chinese are also aggressively pursuing cyber warfare capabilities, employing some 60,000 hackers at it, according to foreign intelligence reports.

The Obama administration protested Turkey's military cooperation with Iran after it was reported that the Chinese fighter planes were sent to Turkey via Pakistan and Iran.

The developing ties among Turkey, Iran and China are also reflected in weapons deals, with Iran buying from China mainly missile technology.

The C-802 antiship missile fired by Hezbollah in the Second Lebanon War at the Israel Navy's Hanit missile boat was manufactured in Iran with Chinese technology.

China has also developed a surface-to-surface rocket-launching system together with Turkey. China's Prime Minister Wen Jiabao is due to visit Ankara this month and to sign several bilateral cooperation agreements.

Turkey and China are also involved in projects to build oil pipelines from Iran.

Another reason for the close relations between the two states is that China, as a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council, has been in the forefront of opposition to imposing harsher sanctions on Iran in connection to the Islamic state's nuclear program.

But this Turkish member is supporting that terrorist concept of East Turkestan.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/1182858-post75.html

In this thread:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/turkey-defence/74715-turkey-china-conduct-joint-air-maneuvers-5.html

If this kind of attitude the Turkish people hold, then I think China should think millions of times before doing any co-operation with Turkey.

Iranians have never supported that terrorist separatist concept. I am not sure about others.

So, China should not get excited, should not hurry. Turky needs to be transparent in its intention.

Israelis have never supported any terrorist separatist concept of East Turkestan.

If they keep worrying like this they will turn into hyper tension patients..already most of the America is!

But this Turkish member is supporting that terrorist concept of East Turkestan.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/1182858-post75.html

In this thread:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/turkey-defence/74715-turkey-china-conduct-joint-air-maneuvers-5.html

If this kind of attitude the Turkish people hold, then I think China should think millions of times before doing any co-operation with Turkey.

Iranians have never supported that terrorist separatist concept. I am not sure about others.

So, China should not get excited, should not hurry. Turky needs to be transparent in its intention.

Israelis have never supported any terrorist separatist concept of East Turkestan.

As far as this issue. I have already made myself clear on my stance but i don't like you bringing on personal attacks to members of this forum. It is disrespectful. Your going to get differing views on this subject and i think you should respect them rather then generalizing them. I quickly see their is a imbalance when it comes to the Chinese members on this forum.

You obviously see the Chinese administration and Turkish administration are past these problems considering they are holding joint exercises.

As far as this issue. I have already made myself clear on my stance but i don't like you bringing on personal attacks to members of this forum. It is disrespectful. Your going to get differing views on this subject and i think you should respect them rather then generalizing them. I quickly see their is a imbalance when it comes to the Chinese members on this forum.

You obviously see the Chinese administration and Turkish administration are past these problems considering they are holding joint exercises.

Jigs, you and Cabatly have made your standpoint clear, you don't support any separatist concept, but still I am considering your opinions as individual opinions, not Turkish people's general opinion. Because we have seen two members one advocating the separatist concept another supporting it somehow indirectly. That is in that thread. I am not mentioning their usernames here.

There is a difference between viewpoint and agenda. Trying to divide a nation, such as China, on the basis of religion, ethnicity and language is a threat to the modern world nation states who believe in unity in diversity. It may not be very comprehensive and convincing to you, as you did not want to co-exist with 'different' people, but it is the only acceptable model to the other parts of the world. It is true for China, USA, Canada, and many other European and Latin American nations. China's official name is the People's Republic of China. By its name China says China believes in people, not in religious dogmatism and racist agenda.

China's Xinjiang is not exclusively for local Uyghurs, nor is it for the Hans. Xinjiang is a place for all Chinese people, including Hui Muslims, Mongolians, Kyrgyz, Kazakh, Russian, Tajik, Dai, etc. Even if a Turk lives in China and becomes Chinese citizen, he will have the rights to live in Xinjiang. This is the rational concept that prevails in modern secular nation states. Everyone has equal rights given by the nation state.

I am not going to discuss Turkey's history where some claim Turkey committed genocide, but it is widely known how Turkey itself is facing problems and controversies. Now, what if some people start advocating for Turkey's division on the basis of ethnicity and religion?

Taking a separatist extremist terrorist agenda as a viewpoint is like letting the Talibans present their excuses for killing women in broad day light on the stadium ground. That famous video clip of execution in the name of a religion.

Jigs, you and Cabatly have made your standpoint clear, you don't support any separatist concept, but still I am considering your opinions as individual opinions, not Turkish people's general opinion. Because we have seen two members one advocating the separatist concept another supporting it somehow indirectly. That is in that thread. I am not mentioning their usernames here.

There is a difference between viewpoint and agenda. Trying to divide a nation, such as China, on the basis of religion, ethnicity and language is a threat to the modern world nation states who believe in unity in diversity. It may not be very comprehensive and convincing to you, as you did not want to co-exist with 'different' people, but it is the only acceptable model to the other parts of the world. It is true for China, USA, Canada, and many other European and Latin American nations. China's official name is the People's Republic of China. By its name China says China believes in people, not in religious dogmatism and racist agenda.

China's Xinjiang is not exclusively for local Uyghurs, nor is it for the Hans. Xinjiang is a place for all Chinese people, including Hui Muslims, Mongolians, Kyrgyz, Kazakh, Russian, Tajik, Dai, etc. Even if a Turk lives in China and becomes Chinese citizen, he will have the rights to live in Xinjiang. This is the rational concept that prevails in modern secular nation states. Everyone has equal rights given by the nation state.

I am not going to discuss Turkey's history where some claim Turkey committed genocide, but it is widely known how Turkey itself is facing problems and controversies. Now, what if some people start advocating for Turkey's division on the basis of ethnicity and religion?

Taking a separatist extremist terrorist agenda as a viewpoint is like letting the Talibans present their excuses for killing women in broad day light on the stadium ground. That famous video clip of execution in the name of a religion.

Main reason why i have my views on this issue. I don't see the Chinese as oppressing these people i see them in a similar as us with the Kurds in southeastern turkey. They get their rights(more so then Turks) but decide to riot for reasons that i still have trouble understanding. Little children rioting rather then going to school or staying in the free housing they get. Talking about rights that they don't realize the state has jumped through hoops to get them. So i am able to understand the Chinese issue through this viewpoint. Which is why i see no need for involvement of the Turkish state in these affairs. You see though the current administration likes to run a heavy religious undertone. Erdogan also likes to talk big on many issues. This party does not share the same secular concepts our countries founding father does.

Tie between Turkey, Iran and China are important as Turkey is the gateway from Asia to Europe and Iran to middle east.

forget the US, pakistan needs to get on in this action, we bring ourselves to destruction everytime we deal with the US of A

its with china, turkey and iran that pakistan needs to build close ties.

^^ pakistan already is closest friend of china, and pakistan is a very good friend of turkey???, what do u need??

I think that every ethnic people have the right to live in a country named after his ethnic name, Turkish living in Turkey, Chinese living in China, But when the minority feels it must be attributed to the name of another ethnic people, Here the problems starts, The greater the size of this minority the Problems were more larger

^^

Close is never enough.

I want to see Turkey and Pakistan open up a lot more trade and start investing in a long term friendship.

^^ pakistan already is closest friend of china, and pakistan is a very good friend of turkey???, what do u need??

a divorce from the US, an amicable one as well.

we need to first understand that in no shape of form can we form a decent partnership with the US.

i dont really feel pakistan exists, we are a subsidiary of the US.

every time this has been tried it has proven to be a misadventure - the mantra should be never again!!!!!!!

I think that every ethnic people have the right to live in a country named after his ethnic name, Turkish living in Turkey, Chinese living in China, But when the minority feels it must be attributed to the name of another ethnic people, Here the problems starts, The greater the size of this minority the Problems were more larger

What about the US? Only 70% of the US are whites, period. the original whites in the US were specifically anglo-saxons, now how many are there? What about the italians, germans, french and latinos in the US? the rest of the US is "minorities", maybe we should take back san francisco, and mexico should take back texas, and perhaps britain can take back the whole east coast?

What about the US? Only 70% of the US are whites, period. the original whites in the US were specifically anglo-saxons, now how many are there? What about the italians, germans, french and latinos in the US? the rest of the US is "minorities", maybe we should take back san francisco, and mexico should take back texas, and perhaps britain can take back the whole east coast?

siegecrossbow-albums-geronimo-picture3727-tshirt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom