What's new

GST and False Propaganda.

I agree, if the holding is for short term (speculator, investor) he should be taxed on his income/profit generated. Profit from long term holding or inherited property should be spared, because such people will want to buy another property which is as expensive.
I thought by property tax you meant paying tax for just having property, this is capital gain tax.

Capital gains tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now they have introduced property tax... But on houses of 2 Canal and above, in Punjab, i.e.

BTW brother, just go out in market and check latest rate of chicken. It just went from 150 to 265 in mere 2 days time.. I think this is what you're trying to say, GST won't cause inflation as your govt has lots of other better ways to cause inflation, so may be you are right with GST.. :omghaha:

Chicken price fluctuate with time to time.
Gov policies and GST have nothing to do with it.

Its 12.5 %.

Thanks i also checked from Wiki almost all the EU countries even recession hit Greece and Spain have VAT percentage in 20's.
I don't understand when our people will learn. Our people want bullet trains, underground metro, 60T tanks, aircraft carriers, Nuclear submarines but they don't want to pay tax. :sick:

Thanks i also checked from Wiki almost all the EU countries even recession hit Greece and Spain have VAT percentage in 20's.
I don't understand when our people will learn. Our people want bullet trains, underground metro, 60T tanks, aircraft carriers, Nuclear submarines but they don't want to pay tax. :sick:

Na heeng lagey na phatkaree, tey rang vee chokha aaye!

An economist said very interesting thing about GST on Capital Tv. Opposition is doing propaganda that 1% increase will increase inflation and it will affect poor people but reality is opposite.

The basic necessities of 90% Pakistani's especially lower salaried class and poor have no tax at all.

Flour: No tax in-fact government providing subsidy on it.
Milk: No GST you can ask your milkman. :P
Vegetables: absolutely no tax.
Chicken: No
Split Pulses/Daals: No
Eggs: No
Fruits: No
Cooking oil and Tea are also available in open but you won't die paying 5,6 Rs extra for quality product.

The price of these products may fluctuate with the factors of supply/demand and price of oil in international market. So bottom line is increase in GST will affect companies with big profits, elite and burger class, paid journalists, and leaders of few political parties who eat K&N's, drink tetra pack milk, and take bath with mineral water.
This government is not relying on printing of notes for day to day expenditures, they have cut down useless spending, tax net and revenue will be increased so gradually inflation will decrease.

Understandable and i hope people will understand it so i wish some followers of other parties also will try to get it.

When the previous government tried to raise the tax on retail sector, they started their strikes and shutter downs...agri does the same, so does Real Estate. And do you think that the very owners of agri lands and real estate will do something like that?

An example of this attitude is already coming up in KPK.

The Afghan Transit Trade association is going to go on strike in a couple of days to protest against the ATT 1% tax.

Jis ko bhi tax karo rota hai, aur phir bijli mangta hai.

Since the salaried class can't lie, in fact they don't have a chance to not pay, they are already heavily taxed.

Now comes GST - also levied on them. Salaried class is paying income tax AND GST. The very rich are paying just GST.

People are in uproar over the announcement to increase taxes since the issue of Pakistan's low revenue generation was never that we need more types of taxes, we need more people in the tax net.

Actually GST is more fair -- consider, everyone has to pay GST, yes, the most fair would be to directly tax and collect, but this is simply not just in the cards, it's also not possible because as you have said the Wadera/feudal-political class avoids any attempt to directly tax them.

Actually GST is more fair -- consider, everyone has to pay GST,

But the one percent increase in GST would affect a low income group much more than the elite corporate.

Last edited by a moderator:
But the one percent increase in GST would affect a low income group much more than the elite corporate.

Yes, on the other hand as the elite consume more they would be paying more indirect taxes.

Well the impact varies to the extent of consumption basket of both groups. If more tax exempt goods fall into the consumption basket, then of course, they would be affected. Government of Pakistan issues three types of inflation indicators 1)the traditional CPI 2)Producer centric WPI and 3) Poverty centric SPI.
Now SPI includes 53 utmost essential items and these items are usually avoided by Government for taxations. These Items include
Food , Beverages & Tobacco
Milk Fresh
Wheat Flour (Avg.Qty)
Tea Preapared
Cooked Beef Plate
Cooked Dal Plate
Sugar
Beef
Vegetable Ghee (Loose)
Cigarettes (K-2)
Tea Packet
Vegetable Ghee (Tin)
Onions
Potatoes
Red Chillies
Rice Basmati (Broken)
Rice IRRI-6
Gram Pulse (Washed)
Tomatoes
Mash Pulse (Washed)
Mutton
Bananas
Moong Pulse (Washed)
Masoor Pulse (Washed)
Garlic
Curd
Eggs (Farm)
Wheat
Salt Powdered
Mustard Oil
Cooking Oil (Dalda)
Bread Plain (M.Size)
Gur
Chicken (Farm)
Milk Powdered (Nido)
Apparel, Textile & Foot wear
Shirting Hussain
Caorse Latha
Lawn Hussian
Shoe Gents Bata
Chappal Spunge Bata
Voil Printed
Shoe Ladies Bata
Fuel & Lighting
Fire Wood
Kerosene Oil
Match Box
Electric Bulbs 60 Watts
Cleaning, Laundry & Personal Appearance
Washing Soap Nylon
Bath soap (Lifebuoy)

https://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CDgQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sbp.org.pk%2Freports%2Fannual%2FarFY00%2FPrices.doc&ei=phzCUf_aGJKVhQfb6oE4&usg=AFQjCNFix4SsB8_06QgnOsCsUAk6w7oaVw&sig2=xyNpy6dPDhVU5JIBig_JGg&bvm=bv.48175248,d.ZG4

Back
Top Bottom