What's new

Gunship Gauntlet

I think Pakistan army should get T-129 ATAK. better than WZ-10 because its an enhanced version of the Agusta A129 Mangusta which is already a great gunship helicopter.
During the maiden test flight, the new T-129 performed general maneuvers at varying speeds.
And also, the mission computer and targeting, navigation, communication and electronic warfare systems will be developed and produced by ASELSAN, a leading Turkish defense company. Its got the pod allows a mix of next-generation anti-tank missiles. CIRIT guided rocket and the UMTAS helicopter-launched heavy anti-tank missile.

I think Pakistan army should get T-129 ATAK. better than WZ-10 because its an enhanced version of the Agusta A129 Mangusta which is already a great gunship helicopter.
During the maiden test flight, the new T-129 performed general maneuvers at varying speeds.
And also, the mission computer and targeting, navigation, communication and electronic warfare systems will be developed and produced by ASELSAN, a leading Turkish defense company. Its got the pod allows a mix of next-generation anti-tank missiles. CIRIT guided rocket and the UMTAS helicopter-launched heavy anti-tank missile.

if u can wait 5-7 years then ok! - its nice to give a POV but i would suggest to think before you ink !!!

its better to wait rather puting our secuirty at risk becuase american always sactiond us and didnot delevier us what we hav paid so for get appache Super Cobra, Tiger is also good but again france is going to charge to much we can ask german for tiger, but we should buy some T-129 as good for anti tank role and WZ-10 if powerplant problem solve and hope chinese will comeup with good product of WZ-10 and its engine so it good to support advancing and defending infantry units performin Close air support mission and can be used as anti tank and also provide cover against enemy helicopters if it come with air-2-air abilities

i just wana say that why go for WZ-10 when u can buy a quality gunship as T129,i know we have to wait 5-7 years but don't waste your money on super cobra or very expensive tiger.Apache is not an option. you cannot compare WZ10 to T129 or apache. even buying some WZ10 for close air support mission is a complete waste. as for now our cobras are doing good job. JUST WAIT!

the T129 and The WZ10 are the options that should be worked upon. i mean to say that Military should chosse the bteer of these two systems and the cobras or the apaches should not be considered at all because of the unrelibility of US as arms supplier.
moreover getting them from turkey or china also bring in the additional charm of getting some technical expertise that will be helpfull in maintaining and upgrading the systems whereas if we get them from US we may have to ground them because the US is not supplying us the spares!!

say no to us military hardware!!

regards!

ok but better than hal light combat helo, n pak army consider both platforms WZ10 n T129 from china and turky WZ10 is cheap n we can buy them in number n turkish t129 for quality n force multiplier pakistan zindabad

Hi, isn't it similar to ur super mashak? in that you may try using it with modifications.
Regards

Hi,

It is way ahead of the super mushak when it comes to carrying armament----I believe that it can carry upto 8000lbs---.

Pakistan is finding out that helicopters are a very expensive proposition----all these helicopters that pak is getting now----they need much more care and maintenance than a fighter aircraft does. Which means $ollars for upkeep.

i don't think Army is considering both WZ-10 and T-129. But they are evaluating T-129 for all primary objectives.
Cobras are there for close air support missions. There is no option for inducting WZ-10.

dear moxin sir cobraz are old now they need to be replaced with something n also in numbers n army should consider both platforms on in less for quality purposes coz too expencive and other one is cheap n can be bought in numbers

\Pakistan Army Aviation's Aerospatiale SA330 Pumas have been returned to full operational service after overhaul by the French, according to local media reports.

France is also providing Pakistan with armed Eurocopter AS550 Fennecs for use in counter terrorism operations in the North Western Frontier Province.

The French President Nicholas Sarkozy is due to visit Pakistan after September 21, during which it is belived additional military equipment deliveries will be discussed.

Source: Air International. Sept. 2009.

Back
Top Bottom