What's new

Gwadar goes red - Specabad.

I dont think thats workable
It is. The only problem is no leader in Pakistan would have the political guts to hand over even the hammer head to China let alone further tracts of land. The hammer head is the only piece of land you could possibly get away by leasing to China as it is very limited in it's size and the 'neck' that connects it makes ideal boundary to seal it off. The benefits are it gives Chinese confidence and a small space to build a 'comfort zone' for themselves. As regards cliffs etc leave that to the Chinese. They have built islands in middle of China Sea. It would also encourage more Chinese investors and provide publicity/visitors from China.

Specabad would help to anchor the Chinese and provide physical underpinning to the investment. Also as Specabad would take off it would be good example for Pakistani's to see how things are down and they might be more toward emulating the Chinese.

Last edited:
If I was in charge of CPEC in Pakistan and do note this is merely theoretical speculation so don't get your pants in a twist I would give the 'hammer head' in Gwadar to China on 30 year exclusive lease and additional 20 year shared lease giving Chinese 50 year secure investment.

The hammer head is 8 miles of beach and 3 miles in depth with port on the east bay. The hook that connects it to 'mainland' would have secure boundary wall. This leased area of Gwadar could be named 'Specabad' with respect to CPEC. This would encourage Chinese companies and people to move to Specabad and begin converting it into 'Hong Kong' on the Arabian Sea. The target would be to move 250,000 Chinese to Specabad seafront within decade and half. Rest of Gwadar City would be left with Pakistan to develop and would enjoy the multiplier effect from the Specabad like Guangzou did in mainland China adjacent to Hong Kong.

This would pretty well assure 99% success of the long term plan of the CPEC and over few decades would tie Pakistan into the chinese economic miracle. I think this is better than millions of Pakistanis migrating abroad to West in search of jobs suffering along the way.

As Specabad would grow and develop like Hong Kong or Singapore did it would open up rest of Gwadar and transport links with China across Pakistan would buzz with economic activity. This would create fundamental infrastructure, economic, people, social linakages between Pakistan and the worlds greatest largest economy - China.

Thoughts people?

cgHrmSG.jpg

Idea not bad, but name is shit. Specabad? :lol:

It is. The only problem is no leader in Pakistan would have the political guts to hand over even the hammer head to China let alone further tracts of land. The hammer head is the only piece of land you could possibly get away by leasing to China as it is very limited in it's size and the 'neck' that connects it makes ideal boundary to seal it off. The benefits are it gives Chinese confidence and a small space to build a 'comfort zone' for themselves. As regards cliffs etc leave that to the Chinese. They have built islands in middle of China Sea. It would also encourage more Chinese investors and provide publicity/visitors from China.

Specabad would help to anchor the Chinese and provide physical underpinning to the investment. Also as Specabad would take off it would be good example for Pakistani's to see how things are down and they might be more toward emulating the Chinese.

For someone who identify himself as secular yet culturally conservative. Your posts are getting stranger every week.

Chinese are ruthless businessman and you simply need a new master to leech on. But let's not even begin with that.

Why do you hate Balochistan and Pakistanis who live there?

For someone who identify himself as secular yet culturally conservative.
What you believe in private is for your home and you do not carry that in the public domain. Do try to differantiate between public/private aspect of life please.

Chinese are ruthless businessman and you simply need a new master to leech on
You know your tiring me with your dumb, nay retarded stupidity that is exposition of a colonized mind. Get over it. The British yanked themselves off your backhole in 1947. By now it should it have recovered and tightened up again. Maybe deep down you yearn to be opened up again as you can't get past this master/leech conundrum. Or are you going to let yourself be defined as a irredeemable victim?

Why do you hate Balochistan and Pakistanis who live there?
I don't. But you sure do because everything is about master/slave complex to you. Once a slave always a slave mentality. That is why all you se around you is masters and slaves. Life is not like that. Get over it or seek medical advice of you can afford it. If not run along to the closest compounder or hakeem. But take care because i hear most of their stuff is adulterated.

The hammer head has nominal population but this fcukfest thinks I am declaring war on Balochistan. Retardness beyond belief. I am not going to waste any more of my time on you. Slap you with *ignore* like I do to annoying insects.

What you believe in private is for your home and you do not carry that in the public domain. Do try to differantiate between public/private aspect of life please.

You know your tiring me with your dumb, nay retarded stupidity that is exposition of a colonized mind. Get over it. The British yanked themselves off your backhole in 1947. By now it should it have recovered and tightened up again. Maybe deep down you yearn to be opened up again as you can't get past this master/leech conundrum. Or are you going to let yourself be defined as a irredeemable victim?

I don't. But you sure do because everything is about master/slave complex to you. Once a slave always a slave mentality. That is why all you se around you is masters and slaves. Life is not like that. Get over it or seek medical advice of you can afford it. If not run along to the closest compounder or hakeem. But take care because i hear most of their stuff is adulterated.

The hammerhead has nominal population but this fcukfest thinks I am declaring war on Balochistan. Retardness beyond belief.

Thank you for the emotionality.

That helped lol

Thank you for the emotionality.

That helped lol
Good. I hope it cures your retardness. But emotionalism is a condition that is precipitated by a trigger. In absence of that it stabilizes. But retardness is a constant curse. You are going to wake up to it in the morning. Sleep with it at night. It lives between your ears. Enjoy!

Good. I hope it cures your retardness. But emotionalism is a condition that is precipitated by a trigger. In absence of that it stabilizes. But retardness is a constant curse. You are going to wake up to it in the morning. Sleep with it at night. It lives between your ears. Enjoy!

How jealous are you?

I dont think thats workable(unless you extend it further north to include airport and highway connections.Which leads to include most of the present day Gwadar.That would be like just renaming the city and handing it over to China. The hammer head has its limitations.The head terrain is cliff like which leads to limited development in that particular area. Skscrappers wouldnt be possible on top of a rock. Thats probably why you have residential schemes in that area. There is a naval base on the east end of the hammer.The stem is an ideal place to be an economic district but but its not enough in space and definitely needs a push northwards.
[/QUOTE]

This is a good point. I have seen a few photos of Gwadar that the head section is mainly rocky cliff. It should not be a big obstacle. I'd imagine we can reclaim some land to create more space. Please noted that China has just built a lovely new land reclaiming ship called Tiankun, which will be really handy in this type of projects.
d8cb8a3c66c01b6737ff08.jpg

I suppose someone in the Gwader project has already done a visual of how the port city will look like eventually. I imagine it be similar to the visual for Melaka port project.
images (8).jpeg

If I was in charge of CPEC in Pakistan and do note this is merely theoretical speculation so don't get your pants in a twist I would give the 'hammer head' in Gwadar to China on 30 year exclusive lease and additional 20 year shared lease giving Chinese 50 year secure investment.

The hammer head is 8 miles of beach and 3 miles in depth with port on the east bay. The hook that connects it to 'mainland' would have secure boundary wall. This leased area of Gwadar could be named 'Specabad' with respect to CPEC. This would encourage Chinese companies and people to move to Specabad and begin converting it into 'Hong Kong' on the Arabian Sea. The target would be to move 250,000 Chinese to Specabad seafront within decade and half. Rest of Gwadar City would be left with Pakistan to develop and would enjoy the multiplier effect from the Specabad like Guangzou did in mainland China adjacent to Hong Kong.

This would pretty well assure 99% success of the long term plan of the CPEC and over few decades would tie Pakistan into the chinese economic miracle. I think this is better than millions of Pakistanis migrating abroad to West in search of jobs suffering along the way.

As Specabad would grow and develop like Hong Kong or Singapore did it would open up rest of Gwadar and transport links with China across Pakistan would buzz with economic activity. This would create fundamental infrastructure, economic, people, social linakages between Pakistan and the worlds greatest largest economy - China.

Thoughts people?

cgHrmSG.jpg
So utterly resigned to your own shortcomings you simply want to outsource the job to the Chinese, expect them to create a "Pakistani Hong Kong" and then have Pakistan claim it as its own?

There's just SO much wrong with this idea I don't know where to start but the inferiority complex that is taking hold in Pakistan today is like nothing I have seen so far. Pakistan seems like one of the few "young nations" whose youth are largely resigned to their fate and have little hope for the future.

I mean now some are contemplating ceding territory to a foreign nation but then I guess there is precedent (P0K).

And just a few years ago we were being told here that Pakistan's destiny was to become an economic powerhouse, today it is left hoping its new colonial masters throw a few scraps to the Pak populace.

At what point does one accept this freakish experiement called "Pakistan" is an abject failure and just isn't worth continuing?

@hellfire @Vergennes

Dont worry ... there are far sighted people ... far more than you. They will hand over the entire country to China

You all can be Hong Kong then ... why deprive others of the pleasure?

Already talk is of mainstreaming yuan ... soon flags will be too?

@nair @randomradio @MagicMarker @Abingdonboy

A gem of a post here

Why not. I actually agree with him. It's more in-line with the future of Pak-China union like the EU union...

So utterly resigned to your own shortcomings you simply want to outsource the job to the Chinese, expect them to create a "Pakistani Hong Kong" and then have Pakistan claim it as its own?

There's just SO much wrong with this idea I don't know where to start but the inferiority complex that is taking hold in Pakistan today is like nothing I have seen so far. Pakistan seems like one of the few "young nations" whose youth are largely resigned to their fate and have little hope for the future.

I mean now some are contemplating ceding territory to a foreign nation but then I guess there is precedent (P0K).

And just a few years ago we were being told here that Pakistan's destiny was to become an economic powerhouse, today it is left hoping its new colonial masters throw a few scraps to the Pak populace.

At what point does one accept this freakish experiement called "Pakistan" is an abject failure and just isn't worth continuing?

@hellfire @Vergennes

Why are Indian so concerned about the future of the "Pakistan Experiment" ?

Why always China? For instance, Turkey is building a "trade base" in Dubai and Tahran. Why not giving "Specabad" to Turkey? We could build a base in Pakistan instead of Iran or UAE. Our trade with China is growing every year. Look at our imports from China (in billion USD):

oM8vI8VfQEmUHSO_LV5PkA.png

We could trade with China and GCC through Pakistan. Building an "old town" in Turkish architectural style in Gwadar is possible:

v2

Skyscrapers are no problem either, China isn't the only one who can build them:

v2

:P

This sort of thinking could only come from a Hindu who has spent over 1,000 years being roded first by Muslim invaders and then British and only got freed after a millenia of slavery in 1947.

That kind of comment could only come from very same sub sect (and their genetic ‘evolution’).. I agree.

:)

How true that portion of history, the first half of your brilliant post, predominated the region as demarcated by Arabian Sea, HinduKush and Indus.? And the exquisite post of yours as above! You truly understand history!

Difference is, in some corner of your intellect [(un)bridled] you have a part of your brain accepting the basis of my contention made in jest earlier.

Or perhaps you are that ‘Islamised Bhakt’ variety that pervades the larger Population in Pakistan and is found infesting PDF, for who the inherent nature of human beings to be able to question facts or conjectures in a logical and evidence based manner, is a strict No?

Perhaps?

Think over it. You will be hard put to give me a definite spin off of CPEC, when even your Senate does not know the contours. “China to get 91% Gwadar income, Minister tells Senate” Dawn News dt 25 Nov 2017, for next 40 years. Guess that is modern day equivalence still being emulated by the Demographic constituents of the said region. Traditions must be upheld right?

Some underlying yet unacceptable ‘itch’ that does bother you, right? Hence the stupid post to reply to a sarcastic rhetorical quip?

@Joe Shearer

Truly exquisite his posts are, only the reading frame has to shift perhaps.

Why always China? For instance, Turkey is building a "trade base" in Dubai and Tahran. Why not giving "Specabad" to Turkey? We could build a base in Pakistan instead of Iran or UAE. Our trade with China is growing every year. Look at our imports from China (in billion USD):

oM8vI8VfQEmUHSO_LV5PkA.png

We could trade with China and GCC through Pakistan. Building an "old town" in Turkish architectural style in Gwadar is possible:

v2

Skyscrapers are no problem either, China isn't the only one who can build them:

v2

:P

Business investment is more than welcomed, the CPEC and Gwadar port is a kind of catalyst, only when Gwadar port become an international business hub, we can say that it's a big success, more investors, more earlier to withdraw the investment, more profit can be shared among the stake holders. WHY NOT? What's the $ number Turkey can put into this basket then?:welcome:

Back
Top Bottom