What's new

H2 And H4 are AAM Or AGM?

H-2 IS Raptor-1 60 km range. H-4 is Raptor-2 120 km range weapon.
Mirage & JF-17 can carry this weapon. at IDEAS-2008 a JF-17 weapon Technician waer H-4 badge on right hand sholder. h-4 modified version of Raptor-2

i think most of the people don't take into consideration a very simple fact..
the range quoted as 120 or 100km is the ideal range at ideal height and with no manuveriblity at all..
its better to quote the tail chase mode too and range at sea level..both are very much reduced and are usually in range of 30-40 km max

in other words to have a significant chance of striking an aircraft down you have to fire the missle within 50km..

5 Sqn Mirages drop Stand Off Weapon

One of the highlights of the event was the first public display of the H2 Stand Off Weapon (SOW). Two 5 Sqn Mirages released the SOW at 30,000ft (9,145m) and around 38 miles (60km) away, allowing the weapon to strike its designated
target while the Mirages remain away from the range of SAMs. A target video was shown on the
large monitors in the Stand. The H2 is a longrange TV-guided glide bomb. Equipped with a
TV camera in its nose, the weapon transmits TV pictures to the control pilot in another aircraft, who guides the weapon to the target while staying 65-88 miles (100-140km) behind the weapon. H2 has a hardened nose and adjustable
time-fuse, giving it a capability to penetrate HAS’ before explosion.

AFM July-2010

Cobra's%2Bdeadly%2Bvenom..jpg

h4.jpg

MASHALLAH. INSHALLAH Pakistan will going to make more progress in sensors as well as on other weapons development. Ameen. I think if we have IR Technology then why don't we go for making ASRAAM and better ANZA-IIIs along with Pakistani Anti_Tank weapons along with IR guided rockets like Turkey??? :pakistan:

I have a picture of this missile. It was modified by Pakistan. Picture clearly shows that it is a missile and not a bomb.

I did not realize that it was such a big mystery and no one has ever seen this missile before.

May be there is a reason that PAF has never released one. I Will check before posting it on the net. But until then, please be rest assured that it is a Fire & Forget BVRAAM with the reported range of 120km.

PGM and AAM look very different. When you see the picture, it will end all speculation.
A decade and more later we know H-4 is a PGM, does anyone know what Shamim sb meant by this post? Being retd PAF its unlikely he was completely wrong. @SQ8 @Dazzler @khanasifm @MastanKhan @Raider 21

Last edited:
A decade and more later we know H-4 is a PGM, does anyone know what Shamim sb meant by this post? Being retd PAF its unlikely he was completely wrong. @SQ8 @Dazzler @khanasifm @MastanKhan
To be fair, not a lot of folks within the PAF understood what H-2 and H-4 were. This was a closely guarded secret until basically 2019, when we decided to use it.

Adding to the confusion, the PAF was looking into developing its own AAM in the 80s, both Fox 2 and Fox 3, and had designated them H-2/4, although obviously nothing came of it.

A decade and more later we know H-4 is a PGM, does anyone know what Shamim sb meant by this post? Being retd PAF its unlikely he was completely wrong. @SQ8 @Dazzler @khanasifm @MastanKhan @Raider 21
A lot of folks have different sources at different positions with varying levels of access and willingness to disclose. So a lot of information is misconstrued or twisted in the fog.

A lot of folks have different sources at different positions with varying levels of access and willingness to disclose. So a lot of information is misconstrued or twisted in the fog.
Pshamim Sb retired fairly early in his career due to an injury to his arm. His main strength was his contacts within Lockmart and old friends within PAF. Have not heard from him for ages. May Allah keep him healthy and well. Ameen. He also had issues with his eyes which maybe a reason we do not hear from him anymore
A

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom