What's new

HAL-CONNECT :: LCH TD-3 Standard Cockpit Mockup

sudhir007

Reaction score
http://www.hal-india.com/HAL-CONNECT/HAL- CONNECT -ISSUE -55.pdf

The design of third prototype of LCH-TD3 is under final stages incorporating all the feedback from
development flight testing of other two prototypes: TD1 and TD2. In order to assess the impact of design changes on cockpit, a mockup has been fabricated and completed on January 16, 2013 at RWRDC. Specific features of TD-3 as compared to the earlier prototypes are : reduced cockpit length (226 mm) and height (60 mm), improved door configuration, vision optimization with modified perspex area, modified door locking and Jettison mechanism, modified rudder pedals for gunner and rationalized switches and switch panels. Nearly 50% of the parts and assemblies on the mockup have been built using Rapid Prototyping technology which enabled the build-up of the mockup within a time frame of three months. The mockup would be evaluated by HALpilots and customer pilots for ingress / egress and other ergonomic aspects.

The evaluation of the Cockpit Mockup was c o m m e n c e d i n presence of Shri P. S o u n d a r a r a j a n , MD(HC), Shri M.S. Srinath, ED(HC), Dr. M.Vijayakumar, Offg. G M ( R C ) a n d Gp.Capt.(Retd.) Hari Na i r f r om F l i g h t Operations (RW).

Productivity Week Observed Across HAL

IJT/LSP
Productivity week was celebrated at IJT/LSP on February 18, 2013. Shri T. K. Mandal, GM(IJT),
inaugurated the event and in his address, he emphasized the need of innovative approach in our
daily activities. He and other senior officers distributed prizes to winners of the competitions.

lch_Page_03.jpg

Intersting news as it is said the TD-3 will be the final, refined, configuration of the production LCH so whatever the TD-3 looks like all production LCHs will look like.

Hardly. We will see many changes. Even though LCH progress is good we are far far away from SP and induction.

So TD-3 will come with changed in cockpit not air frame... between i like TD-2 hope we can build more weaponized beast....

Back
Top Bottom