What's new

Hamza says SC opinion on Article 63-A does not apply to his election as CM

Punjab Chief Minister Hamza Shehbaz submitted his response in the Lahore High Court (LHC) on Monday on petitions challenging his election as the province's chief executive, maintaining that the Supreme Court's interpretation of Article 63-A of the Constitution — which pertains to disqualification on grounds of defection — did not apply to his election retrospectively and as such it was valid.

He further prayed the court to dismiss petitioner Munir Ahmed's plea challenging his election "with costs".

Ahmed's is one of the pleas clubbed by the LHC with others challenging Hamza's election, including that of the PTI.

Hamza was elected as the Punjab chief minister on April 16, during a provincial assembly session that was marred by mayhem. He received a total of 197 votes — 11 more than the required 186 — including from 25 dissident PTI MPAs that were crucial for his victory.
🤣🤣🤣

@FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @muhammadhafeezmalik @Baghial @ziaulislam @Ssan @Ghazwa-e-Hind @Patriot forever @Indus Pakistan @waz @HRK @koolio @Verve @Zibago

They are above the law, thats why... why dont people get it.. Pakistan is a banana republc... Thank you Bajwa, asswipe...

Literally outright stated "The law doesn't apply to me." How people can support these clowns is beyond me.

Punjab Chief Minister Hamza Shehbaz submitted his response in the Lahore High Court (LHC) on Monday on petitions challenging his election as the province's chief executive, maintaining that the Supreme Court's interpretation of Article 63-A of the Constitution — which pertains to disqualification on grounds of defection — did not apply to his election retrospectively and as such it was valid.

He further prayed the court to dismiss petitioner Munir Ahmed's plea challenging his election "with costs".

Ahmed's is one of the pleas clubbed by the LHC with others challenging Hamza's election, including that of the PTI.

Hamza was elected as the Punjab chief minister on April 16, during a provincial assembly session that was marred by mayhem. He received a total of 197 votes — 11 more than the required 186 — including from 25 dissident PTI MPAs that were crucial for his victory.
🤣🤣🤣

@FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @muhammadhafeezmalik @Baghial @ziaulislam @Ssan @Ghazwa-e-Hind @Patriot forever @Indus Pakistan @waz @HRK @koolio @Verve @Zibago
If it goes to SC they will make it retroactive. Even legal experts are of the same opinion.

Was just going over the activities of the day, and the most laughable defence doing the rounds was "SC decision was only for national assembly since the President asked it for the NA".

Last I checked, 62 and 63 also apply to the provincial assemblies, so does the constitution.

Was just going over the activities of the day, and the most laughable defence doing the rounds was "SC decision was only for national assembly since the President asked it for the NA".

Last I checked, 62 and 63 also apply to the provincial assemblies, so does the constitution.
Haha Patwaris and their pathetic logic

The whole country has been a joke since it was founded.

Courts are at ~130ish position. Such a country where there is no justice can't survive for long. It was predicted 15 centuries ago by Prophet Muhammad PBUH. Pakistanis should be thankful that the country survived for 70 years. However, the future doesn't look bright.

Even if the current lot of "corrupt to the core" judges leaves, another even more corrupt lot is ready to take over.

I remember we used to discuss on this forum how Nawaz Sharif shot himself on the foot when he lied on the floor of the parliament. We were so sure about the justice system that we couldn't see any judgment other than a disqualification on grounds of deceit and lying on the floor. Later we found that a member can vomit anything on the floor without any consequence. From that point, we were handed with even more surprises every passing day.

We think that this is the lowest point a country's judiciary can fall to.. but we get to know another lower point the very next day.

There's only one institution ruling us through sold out or scared judiciary... but for how long? Can all of them challenge the warnings of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) for such a society? They think they are very powerful and can do anything.. but it seems they don't know that they are digging their own graves. Let them continue with the injustice and wait for the fulfillment of the warning/ saying that seems very near now.

Courts are at ~130ish position. Such a country where there is no justice can't survive for long. It was predicted 15 centuries ago by Prophet Muhammad PBUH. Pakistanis should be thankful that the country survived for 70 years. However, the future doesn't look bright.

Even if the current lot of "corrupt to the core" judges leaves, another even more corrupt lot is ready to take over.

I remember we used to discuss on this forum how Nawaz Sharif shot himself on the foot when he lied on the floor of the parliament. We were so sure about the justice system that we couldn't see any judgment other than a disqualification on grounds of deceit and lying on the floor. Later we found that a member can vomit anything on the floor without any consequence. From that point, we were handed with even more surprises every passing day.

We think that this is the lowest point a country's judiciary can fall to.. but we get to know another lower point the very next day.

There's only one institution ruling us through sold out or scared judiciary... but for how long? Can all of them challenge the warnings of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) for such a society? They think they are very powerful and can do anything.. but it seems they don't know that they are digging their own graves. Let them continue with the injustice and wait for the fulfillment of the warning/ saying that seems very near now.

A part of me says keh yeh mulk itnay arsay say aisay hi chal raha hai, to agay bhi aisay hi chalta rahay ga.

But another part of me says keh itni beghairti pehle kabhi nhn hui...aur woh bhi itnay sar-e-aam.

Time will tell.

Tell me another country where courts can interfere in the matters of Parliament or courts can take action against any proceedings of Parliament.
Nawaz Sharif could have taken exception that speech in parliament could not be used against him in any court of law but he didn't. The speech in parliament is part of proceedings and first two judges made that speech as part of their judgment, majority did not agree their version.

Tell me another country where courts can interfere in the matters of Parliament or courts can take action against any proceedings of Parliament.
Nawaz Sharif could have taken exception that speech in parliament could not be used against him in any court of law but he didn't. The speech in parliament is part of proceedings and first two judges made that speech as part of their judgment, majority did not agree their version.
agreed.

the courts cannot interfere in matters of parliament, hence the judgement regarding dissolution of assembly by IK and Alvi is also illegal, and so, therefore, is this new govt.

Tell me the name of any country where a PM lies on the floor of the parliament and then tells the court openly that his statement can't be discussed in the court.

Tell me about a country where a PM tells the media addressing the court "who are you to ask me if my assets are found beyond my means".

Tell me a country where a lady openly says that she has videos and then she is not asked to hand them over to the authorities... she continues to blackmail the officers, politicians and judges without getting reprimanded for a crime called "blackmailing" in civilized world.

In civilized world, when ministers are found lying (place doesn't matter), they themselves resign, go home and stay there for the rest of their lives.

Yahan hum naaray lagatay hain mian de naaray wajan ge. Mujhay tou iss khandaan ke followers pe tars aata hai

agreed.

the courts cannot interfere in matters of parliament, hence the judgement regarding dissolution of assembly by IK and Alvi is also illegal, and so, therefore, is this new govt.

1- Dissolution of assembly is an executive order, not parliamentary proceeding.
2- Read the act:

58. Dissolution of the National Assembly:

Explanation: Reference in this Article to "Prime Minister" shall not be construed to include reference to a Prime Minister against whom a notice of a resolution for a note of no-confidence has been given in the National Assembly but has not been voted upon or against whom such a resolution has been passed or who is continuing in office after his resignation or after the dissolution of the National Assembly.

3- Vote of no-confidence is also part of executive proceedings so it is mentioned in the chapter of The Federal Government, not in the Parliament, so speaker NA or Dy Speaker can't stop Motion of No-Confidence seeking any excuse.

Part III: The Federation of Pakistan

Chapter 3: The Federal Government

95 Vote of no-confidence against Prime Minister.

Tell me the name of any country where a PM lies on the floor of the parliament and then tells the court openly that his statement can't be discussed in the court.

Tell me about a country where a PM tells the media addressing the court "who are you to ask me if my assets are found beyond my means".

Tell me a country where a lady openly says that she has videos and then she is not asked to hand them over to the authorities... she continues to blackmail the officers, politicians and judges without getting reprimanded for a crime called "blackmailing" in civilized world.

In civilized world, when ministers are found lying (place doesn't matter), they themselves resign, go home and stay there for the rest of their lives.

Yahan hum naaray lagatay hain mian de naaray wajan ge. Mujhay tou iss khandaan ke followers pe tars aata hai

He didn't lie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom