What's new

Happy Iranian new century & year

You are just a born hater and are a jealous man
Can't fathom the glory of our city so you hate on it and call us names and say we are wannabe sikhs and Hindus - I'll leave you to it
Keep on hating, while we keep on killing it

It's not personal baby. Shant ho jao :kiss3:

It's not personal baby. Shant ho jao :kiss3:
Mazaaq kar raha that mere bhai... :sad:

I have been very curious to know as well, considering Pashtuns have Zoroastrian and Buddhist backgrounds along with local religious customs before Islam came to the region. I have asked a lot of people in and around even elders in Pakistan and they don't have any idea.

Concerning Afghanistan some do, but historically Pashtun leadership after Durranis was very averse to Persian stuff. Which is why they waged war on Farsi and why Taliban bans Nowruz. Afghanistan's lingua franca is Farsi so they will have some connection to Persian culture

Concerning Pakistan I think its because majority of the population has South Asian roots and those populations don't really observe or celebrate Nowruz or observe Persian culture, being that we are a minority we just kinda observed behaviors of the majority. Pakistan's national language is Urdu which is more South Asian than Persianate.

Baloch are isolated until very recently.
I know pashtuns want to different from Persians, and are more into thier unique pashtun identity this is like their "battle" of sorts (reminds me of indics of pakistan and them trying to be different from Indians in everyway and focusing on distinct pakistaniyat,muslim, Indus regional identity)
but really Surprised that Baloch people don't follow it, as they're pretty much neighbors

@jus_chillin

Last edited:
Mazaaq kar raha that mere bhai... :sad:

I know pashtuns want to different from Persians (reminds me of indics of pakistan and them trying to be different from Indians in everyway)
but really Surprised that Baloch people don't follow it, as they're pretty much neighbors

@jus_chillin

It's not about being different. They may just not celebrate it. Same thing with what I was mentioning. Growing up, I never heard about basant or seen anyone mentioning it. If we wanted to fly kites, we just went out to fly kites. We saw that lahoris celebrate it on tv/news.

Concerning Afghanistan some do, but historically Pashtun leadership after Durranis was very averse to Persian stuff. Which is why they waged war on Farsi

Actually it was Safavid (Turkoman) government at decline that Hotak Afghans attacked, Persians were just vakils, lawmakers in the Safavid empire. Later Hotak Afghans were destroyed by Afshars (Turkomans again) who once again had Persian Vakils.

And Durranis (Bactrian Hephthalite origin) being sore enemies of Ghilzais (Khalaj Turkic origin) were allied with Afshars Turks. Ahmed Shah Durrani who later struck deep into Indian territory was a personal assistant to Nader Shah Afshar.

Novruz Bayramınız Mübarək

(to the whole family)

Iranian_languages_distribution.png

Last edited:
And Durranis (Bactrian Hephthalite origin) being sore enemies of Ghilzais (Khalaj Turkic origin) were allied with Afshars Turks. Ahmed Shah Durrani who later struck deep into Indian territory was a personal assistant to Nader Shah Afshar.

I'm talking about post Durrani. The Mohammadzai. They felt as if Persian and Farsi was a threat to their hegemony and way of life. The same dynasty, albeit much later, via Zahir Shah changed the official name of Farsi in the Afghan Constituition to Dari. Pata Khazana was also written by this dynasty as well.

Same ideology has crept in towards the later eras of leadership. Its the same reason why Nowruz isn't celebrated by the Taliban and is banned by it.

Noruz in Baluchistan

I wonder if its in Pakistan Baluchistan that they don't celebrate Noruz
here it's not the top of the list celebration in Baluchistan but at least 15 years ago when I was there at Saravan they were celebrating it.

I'm talking about post Durrani. The Mohammadzai. They felt as if Persian and Farsi was a threat to their hegemony and way of life. The same dynasty, albeit much later, via Zahir Shah changed the official name of Farsi in the Afghan Constituition to Dari. Pata Khazana was also written by this dynasty as well.

Same ideology has crept in towards the later eras of leadership. Its the same reason why Nowruz isn't celebrated by the Taliban and is banned by it.

Again, Persians were not even in power at that time, they were vakils in Turkoman empires of Iran. It was us Afshar Turkomans with allies in Afghanistan (mostly Bactarians) who destroyed Hotaks.

Irano-Turkic politics has always been too complex, languages and ethnicities were never a big factor. You will find one type of Iranics and Turkic in an alliance against another type of Iranics and Turkic. Safavid Turks with their Persian vakils vs Ottomans & Kurds. Later Afshar Turks with Afghans vs Afghans.

Again, Persians were not even in power at that time, they were vakils in Turkoman empires of Iran. It was us Afshar Turkomans with allies in Afghanistan (mostly Bactarians) who destroyed Hotaks.

Irano-Turkic politics has always been too complex, languages and ethnicities were never a big factor. You will find one type of Iranics and Turkic in an alliance against another type of Iranics and Turkic. Safavid Turks with their Persian vakils vs Ottomans & Kurds. Later Afshar Turks with Afghans vs Afghans.
What happened..I see you are banned.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom