What's new

NOROUZ 2023....Persians celebrate their new year

"Nou ruz"

"Nueva luz" (!)

It is striking how resonates in Spanish

"New light(/day)"

May "Ahura Mazda" enlighten us

Happy New Year
One of the ways linguists trace the origin of languages is by comparing most common words used amongst people..like names you call your immediate family and also names associated with horse related items.

Examples of Farsi words and you can compare that to any Indo-European language
Pedar (father). Baradar (brother)..Madar (mother)..etc

The most beautiful festival of all times- I have more fond memories of basant than of Eid or independence day celebrations

Although it celebrates arrival of spring while this one's more of a new year celebrations

It’s roughly around the same time if I’m not mistaken. I think noruz is usually around spring as well.

Hope you the best wishes in new year 🐠

6fbc85edbd7b83f5848f7ff42c462ffaWfBBkPLSEa8rNfzR0.jpg

artworks-000212545043-i7y7h9-t500x500.jpg

Happy Norouz to all Persian friends!!

What's the significance of the mirror? I have seen the mirror & egg shaped objects in almost all Norouz pics.

The most beautiful festival of all times- I have more fond memories of basant than of Eid or independence day celebrations

Although it celebrates arrival of spring while this one's more of a new year celebrations

Its the biggest festival in Assam and some other parts of India too. Its usually on 13th of April and we call it Bohag Bihu (Bohag is the Assamese name for the month of Baishakh) and the same is celebrated in Punjab as either Baishakhi or Basant too,

What's the significance of the mirror? I have seen the mirror
Since it's a new year celebrations, probably something to do something to do with self reflection, looking back, improving yourself
& egg shaped objects in almost all Norouz pics.

Its the biggest festival in Assam and some other parts of India too. Its usually on 13th of April and we call it Bohag Bihu (Bohag is the Assamese name for the month of Baishakh) and the same is celebrated in Punjab as either Baishakhi or Basant too,
Baishakhi isn't the same thing as basant dude, in Pakistan we don't celebrate Baishakhi only basant, and that falls somewhere in February
and in the olden generation lorhi was a minor festival too

Last edited:
How Middle east is going through tectonic changes... Even Arabs wish happy Nowrouz...Very nice of them indeed.:-)

NOROZ.jpg

What's the significance of the mirror? I have seen the mirror & egg shaped objects in almost all Norouz pics
Fruits, green grass shoots, eggs, candle lights all symbolize new life. This is similar to the Easter in Western countries celebrated with eggs, chicks and bunny rabbits. All come from the ancient festival of Ēostre.

Iranians vacationing all over the land..
Kerman-shah
Kermanshah.jpg
Kermanshah_2.jpg
Kermanshah_3.jpg

YAZD
Yazd_1.jpg
Yazd_2.jpg
Yazd_3.jpg

Tabriz
Tabriz_4.jpg

Tabriz_1.jpg
Tabriz_2.jpg