What's new

Haryana cops to drop Persian, Urdu words from FIRs

Foreign words do not weaken a language. On the contrary, a dynamic language constantly grows with borrowed words from other languages. Urdu is rife with English words and it makes Urdu a living and dynamic language.

Language Purist are pathetic.

Oho, nothing new. Its India's revolution in purifying itself from Invaders..
Next step.. send the Muslas to the conversion center.... if they dont comply ..gas them!

:D shukar ha Taj Mahal Haryana main nahi ha.

by the way what if they started purifying architecture

So they gonna use Punjabi words?? Haryana is Punjabi speaking .....

No it isn't. Where do you get your knowledge about India from ?

They speak Haryanvi which is a dialect of Hindi.

It is okay , if it being done in Haryana. I don't think there are any Urdu speakers there.

Oho, nothing new. Its India's revolution in purifying itself from Invaders..
Next step.. send the Muslas to the conversion center.... if they dont comply ..gas them!

Don't worry we won't follow Pakistan's policy with Hindus , Christians, Ahmedis and Shias there.

Indian muslim is a growing community and gradually prospering at a better rate than ever in history.

No it isn't. Where do you get your knowledge about India from ?

They speak Haryanvi which is a dialect of Hindi.

It is okay , if it being done in Haryana. I don't think there are any Urdu speakers there.
Official Language is Hindi & Punjabi, while Haryanvi is regional language, so going by the rules, official language words can be added..... anyways its up to the people of the area to decide .. :smokin:

Official Language is Hindi & Punjabi, while Haryanvi is regional language, so going by the rules, official language words can be added..... anyways its up to the people of the area to decide .. :smokin:

There are some Punjabis is Haryana but most people are Haryanvi Hindi speaking. :) don't know what you are trying to say.

There are some Punjabis is Haryana but most people are Haryanvi Hindi speaking. :) don't know what you are trying to say.
Oh did i confuse u, all what i'm trying to say is since Punjabi is official language of haryana state, adding pujabi words shouldnt be a prob/issue... :D

Oh did i confuse u, all what i'm trying to say is since Punjabi is official language of haryana state, adding pujabi words shouldnt be a prob/issue... :D

You said Haryana is Punjabi speaking which is not true. Correct statement would have been Haryana also has a minority Punjabi speaking population. You git it wrong. I wonder what you are trying to suggest here. Let it be.

Foreign words do not weaken a language. On the contrary, a dynamic language constantly grows with borrowed words from other languages. Urdu is rife with English words and it makes Urdu a living and dynamic language.

Language Purist are pathetic.

In Haryana very few people speak or understand Urdu including the few muslims there. Urdu words will unofficially be in use for those who understand it, but officially it was important to replace these words in FIR as the locals didn't understand those words.

Pakistani members must try to be reasonable and understanding rather than just use any opportunity they get to take potshots at India.

Pakistani members must try to be reasonable and understanding rather than just use any opportunity they get to take potshots at India.

Coming from you especially, that last highlighted line really sounds hilarious,

You of all people who is a master of taking potshots saying that is height of Comedy...:omghaha:

it is in agra,which is even worse.

:D yeh pollution is ruining it fast turning it into yellow thingy.

on the other hand one can remember saffron sit in/puja inside taj mahal as well.

lets see for how long its not purified

Why is Haryana after revisionism suddenly? There are no different Hindi and Urdu languages. Both were the same until zealots came in with their baggage of Sanskrit and Persian respectively. There is no point in changing these words now. They have been in usage for centuries and are not 'confusing' or complex. Muddaiyi is also a word in Telugu, I believe, the root of which is obvious. Good luck with the revisionist exercise.

In Haryana very few people speak or understand Urdu including the few muslims there. Urdu words will unofficially be in use for those who understand it, but officially it was important to replace these words in FIR as the locals didn't understand those words.

i can give you better reasons for removing those words but unfortunatly you Indians are doing it out of bias against urdu/hindi

anyway as far as your reasons for removing it well these are just coverup because FIR's are for court/law proceedings not for general public understanding. The language used in courts/FIRs is for official proceedings . the same is used is used by legel eagles

:D yeh pollution is ruining it fast turning it into yellow thingy.

on the other hand one can remember saffron sit in/puja inside taj mahal as well.

lets see for how long its not purified

jama masjid/lala qila/taj mahal are not to be touched,ever.

the muslims built delhi,so they should keep it.

just like how nankana sahib is not to be touched,ever.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom