What's new

Has India Surpassed US? : Indian Akash SAM vs US' Patriot SAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akash is more accurate than the MIM-104 Patriot as it has thrust during the entire course of its flight compared to the Patriot that has thrust only for the first 12 seconds, after which the missile coasts, thus making it less accurate. Apart from that the Akash can be launched from static or mobile platforms, including a battle tank.

And unlike the Patriot, Akash is fully mobile and capable of protecting a moving convoy of vehicles. Like the Patriot, the Akash is really an air defence SAM which has been tested in a ballistic missile role. The system provides air defence missile coverage of 2,000 km squared.

So yes, In a way Akash is better

So In a way Mr Black Blood Is correct, Arent you ?

I mean what i said sir , Akash Technology is 20 years ahead of Patriot's.

Well I have no knowledge of the technological differences between the two SAM's in question but still would like to make a point over here for Indian friends.

Guys, there is a popular saying that if a strong team/higher ranked person wins, people would clap and say everything went as expected and also have a weak memory about it but when an underdog wins people stand up for an ovation, cherish the winner and have long memories of it. e.g In the famous test series between India-Aus where India won 2-1, everyone remembers the last two tests but hardly anyone remembers/recalls how India was floored in the first test.

All that I want to say is wait for the appropriate moment when both these SAM's are tested to their limits/face off each other and then decide on the results. It's really too pre-mature to decide according to me at this moment.

P.S. As an Indian I have my utmost faith in Akash SAM and do not doubt its capabilities but would like to see it prove itself in real time war scenario first.

well its fact India is growing in the world

India is a future power but now usa is far ahead no doubt

Well I have no knowledge of the technological differences between the two SAM's in question but still would like to make a point over here for Indian friends.

Guys, there is a popular saying that if a strong team/higher ranked person wins, people would clap and say everything went as expected and also have a weak memory about it but when an underdog wins people stand up for an ovation, cherish the winner and have long memories of it. e.g In the famous test series between India-Aus where India won 2-1, everyone remembers the last two tests but hardly anyone remembers/recalls how India was floored in the first test.

All that I want to say is wait for the appropriate moment when both these SAM's are tested to their limits/face off each other and then decide on the results. It's really too pre-mature to decide according to me at this moment.

P.S. As an Indian I have my utmost faith in Akash SAM and do not doubt its capabilities but would like to see it prove itself in real time war scenario first.

A very nice analogy and a balanced post! I agree totally.
:cheers:

I only meant to place the facts how akash is better than patriot thereby surpassing US in this PARTICULAR area.

Note that India is only the fourt to pursue and succeed serious ABM tech via Akash, PAD, AAD.

I only meant to place the facts how akash is better than patriot thereby surpassing US in this PARTICULAR area.

Note that India is only the fourt to pursue and succeed serious ABM tech via Akash, PAD, AAD.

You have to think before putting the header.. it can be interpreted in any way..

Anyways nice initiative and it was a good article.Kudos to you.:cheers:

Misleading title.

Akash better than patriot - Yes
India better than Us - NO

Hope it clarifies every ones doubts...

And btw it was wront to compare Akash with S-300.Still russians make the Best SAM systems.Even Americans are behind them in this field.
Also S-300 is a LR-SAM while Akash is a MR-SAM.

is india working on any long range SAM ?????

Yes..its working on Akash Block II system with a range of about 60 km.

Akash block II

and its working on Barak 2 with Israel with a range of 80 km for naval purpose to be installed on our Kolkata class destroyers. . :cheers:

Point taken but I think Benny is right.
:cheers:

Yes..its working on Akash Block II system with a range of about 60 km.

Akash block II

and its working on Barak 2 with Israel with a range of 80 km for naval purpose to be installed on our Kolkata class destroyers. . :cheers:

no any more than 200 km range system ??? like american, russuan, iserial

no any more than 200 km range system ??? like american, russuan, iserial

Possibly AAD and PAD(PDV in future) may have range >200 ,there is not much info regarding range because most of the times people were talking about their altitude not the range.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom