What's new

Heavy Industries Taxila may soon begin production of new armored 4x4 ASV2000 Dragoon.

Ahhaann . . . . maybe slowly i will bring you to admit that he perhaps was also not an official as well...... after your backing out of the numbers claim :D (just kidding)

I am sorry i never came across this news so i pointed this out. I will really appreciate if you can share some more info and perhaps a few news links or something.

State-owned armored fighting vehicle manufacturer Heavy Industries Taxilia (HIT) has been busy. Spokesman Lt. Col. Amer Ahmed Khan said it will partner with Belgian engineering firm and licensee Duma Engineering to produce General Dynamics’ Dragoon four-wheel-drive armored fighting vehicle (AFV).

Of the initial 15, the Airport Security Force will take 10, with HIT retaining five. It is being promoted to the civilian and paramilitary security services, and for export to Nigeria and Saudi Arabia.

Khan confirmed HIT’s plans to produce the Chinese VN1 eight-wheel-drive AFV are “under process,” but development of HIT’s Burraq MRAP vehicle had been abandoned after the US supplied the MaxxPro.

Pakistan Seeks To Prop Up Exports, Boost Industry | Defense News | defensenews.com

State-owned armored fighting vehicle manufacturer Heavy Industries Taxilia (HIT) has been busy. Spokesman Lt. Col. Amer Ahmed Khan said it will partner with Belgian engineering firm and licensee Duma Engineering to produce General Dynamics’ Dragoon four-wheel-drive armored fighting vehicle (AFV).

Of the initial 15, the Airport Security Force will take 10, with HIT retaining five. It is being promoted to the civilian and paramilitary security services, and for export to Nigeria and Saudi Arabia.

Khan confirmed HIT’s plans to produce the Chinese VN1 eight-wheel-drive AFV are “under process,” but development of HIT’s Burraq MRAP vehicle had been abandoned after the US supplied the MaxxPro.

Pakistan Seeks To Prop Up Exports, Boost Industry | Defense News | defensenews.com
Really interesting, thanks for sharing.
I hope these plans do come to materialize. The VN1 is a great machine to have in your armored corps, with a modular design, it can serve in a handful of roles.

Pakistan should also now invest in proper military vehicles, which can actually give some protection to the troops. Multi purpose tactical armored vehicle uqaab which was shown in IDEAS 2014 is a good option.

These vehicles are not good at all.

_62308854_base.jpg

2064663277.jpg

You are correct, these open vehicles were used to transport troops to the borders when there was no threat internally. Yon can't fight urban wars with these. One RPG hitting the right spot can take out all soldiers sitting inside. I always wondered about this. These troops need proper protection. At the least, these chassis have to be modified for bullet and IED / blast protection. You could also build a steel cover and close off the vehicle. That would make it much more secure from bullets and will provide some blast protection so you could save some lives in case of an ambush or blast. This is a much cheaper solution and can be created internally by the local defense industry and deployed to all trucks or double cabins transporting troops in a dangerous area.

Plus, tactics wise, Pakistani troops during special operations related to terrorism, still drive close to each other in a convoy pattern. This may be right fir large scale troop movement but during ops against the terrorists, you really need distance so if an ambush was to take place, the distance between vehicle will keep the vehicles behind the one under ambush, out of the impact zone. And the troops in distance inside the vehicles in the rear, can actually protect the vehicle/s under attack.

Pakistan should also now invest in proper military vehicles, which can actually give some protection to the troops. Multi purpose tactical armored vehicle uqaab which was shown in IDEAS 2014 is a good option.

These vehicles are not good at all.

_75932027_75932022.jpg

al_qaeda-650_416.jpg

_62308854_base.jpg

2064663277.jpg
I always thought that these pickup trucks weren't the best for troop transportation on the battlefield. Very easy to knockout unfortunately.

The ASV 2000 Dragoon looks like a good alternative. An armored APC on which a heavy MG can be mount too.
An IFV might do well too. I've noticed the Pak Army has no IFVs, APCs but no IFVs. The heavier armament of an IFV can be of quite some benefit on the battlefield. Chinese ZBL-09s look good which have around 10 variants from an IFV model to an air defense model to even a command vehicle model--you can even go for Russian BTR-90s. One thing's for sure, our troop need better protection.

Last edited:
I always thought that these pickup trucks weren't the best for troop transportation on the battlefield. Very easy to knockout unfortunately.

The ASV 2000 Dragoon looks like a good alternative. An armored APC on which a heavy MG can be mount too.
An IFV might do well too. I've noticed the Pak Army has no IFVs, APCs but no IFVs. The heavier armament of an IFV can be of quite some benefit on the battlefield. Chinese ZBL-09s look good which have around 10 variants from an IFV model to an air defense model to even a command vehicle model--you can even go for Russian BTR-90s. One thing's for sure, our troop need better protection.

There are options, PA will have to make this major change.

Back
Top Bottom