What's new

Henry Kissinger meets China’s defence minister in surprise visit to Beijing

I think break energy deals between EU and Russia is a real big thing.

We can't see how much big now, because EU keeps consuming energy from another sources.

But when the other sources, like USA shale gas, will run out, then we'll see how big is and how different from any other measures.
U.S. shale gas will last a long time, and if they start getting low, the E.U. can simply start fracking for gas in the E.U.

Energy storage solutions will likely also get to a sufficiently effective point by then as well.

And that's without even taking into account that one can simply transition to Nuclear Power if all else fails.

U.S. shale gas will last a long time, and if they start getting low, the E.U. can simply start fracking for gas in the E.U.

Energy storage solutions will likely also get to a sufficiently effective point by then as well.

And that's without even taking into account that one can simply transition to Nuclear Power if all else fails.
We will see.

Energy is only see clearly as important when run out.

But brutal wars (iraq, libya) to fossil energy rich countries should give you a idea of how important is and how powerless are alternative solutions.

We will see.

Energy is only see clearly as important when run out.

But brutal wars (iraq, libya) to fossil energy rich countries should give you a idea of how important is and how powerless are alternative solutions.
U.S. also has enormous supplies of coal.

We are only a few years away from Electric Vehicles having enough range to be enough for even U.S. use as the primary form of transportation.

The only reason why the U.S. championed natural gas instead of coal is because the U.S. has the cheapest unsubsidized supply of natural gas.

If the U.S. natural gas runs out and all else fails, the U.S. can simply transition to coal.

You would see how foreigners are using dirty fossil methane that produces the most greenhouse gas and how Patriotic Americans use Clean, Renewable Coal.

Only terrorist countries would use dirty fossil methane instead of Patriotic, Clean, Renewable, Crystalized Sunshine.

Did China invite him or was he sent as a mediator from the US side? Either way Kissinger represents those interests that want detente on both sides to allow both nations to get through the economic headwinds and recover to challenge each other in a few years.

Kissinger is Xi’s off ramp. He is the only voice that can show Xi a path back on track as a well wisher and a person that worked with Mao himself.

I would t be surprised if Kissinger advises Xi to relax things in Hong Kong to rebuild the one country two systems model so an olive branch to the idea of peaceful reunification with Taiwan could become viable again. For Xi, if he can raise GDP per capita, and close in on Taiwan’s GDP per capita, at least on a PPP basis, it could be a way to appeal for reunification with Taiwan; allow Taiwan to maintain their freedoms/liberties while being more open to Mainland Chinese investment and spare the Chinese people of renewed civil war fight.

China needs time to refocus on the economy and so does the US. Kissinger is the voice of that camp.

Same view nearly 50 years ago

Last edited:
Did China invite him or was he sent as a mediator from the US side? Either way Kissinger represents those interests that want detente on both sides to allow both nations to get through the economic headwinds and recover to challenge each other in a few years.

Same view nearly 50 years ago
The Biden Administration wants political points for the optics of having stabilized relations for the purpose of the election in 2024.

The Chinese side has zero incentive to stabilize relations, since the U.S has already used all of the U.S.'s ammo that the U.S. is willing to bear at the moment.

Neither side has any incentive to crystalize the situation as is.

The Biden administration will continue once the elections are over.

The Chinese hasn't responded to the U.S.'s attacks yet, so there is no reason for the Chinese side to give any political points to the Biden Administration.

The U.S. side burned their last bridge of cooperation when the U.S. reneged on the "Phase I Trade Agreement" with China back with Trump, when the U.S. thought that the U.S. biowarfare attack on China (COVID-19) would cripple China.

The U.S. side will keep escalating until they force a war between either a U.S. proxy (Taiwan/India/South Korea/Japan) and China or simply the U.S. having a kinetic war with China directly if the U.S. is not able to provoke such a proxy conflict within an acceptable timeline.

The narrative that any of the escalation is the fault of the Chinese side is simply not borne out in fact.

The most glaring deficiency on the Chinese side is the lack of interest in a Nuclear Arms race.

The Chinese side has the most to gain in a Nuclear Arms race, as the cost competitiveness of Chinese industry would allow it to sap U.S. economic strength in trying to keep up.

I would wager a nuclear weapon production rate of somewhere between 10,000 and 30,000 per year would allow China to gain escalation dominance to then be able to bring the U.S. side to the negotiating table.

Last edited:
The Biden Administration wants political points for the optics of having stabilized relations for the purpose of the election in 2024.

The Chinese side has zero incentive to stabilize relations, since the U.S has already used all of the U.S.'s ammo that the U.S. is willing to bear at the moment.

Neither side has any incentive to crystalize the situation as is.

The Biden administration will continue once the elections are over.

The Chinese hasn't responded to the U.S.'s attacks yet, so there is no reason for the Chinese side to give any political points to the Biden Administration.

The U.S. side burned their last bridge of cooperation when the U.S. reneged on the "Phase I Trade Agreement" with China back with Trump, when the U.S. thought that the U.S. biowarfare attack on China (COVID-19) would cripple China.

The U.S. side will keep escalating until they force a war between either a U.S. proxy (Taiwan/India/South Korea/Japan) and China or simply the U.S. having a kinetic war with China directly if the U.S. is not able to provoke such a proxy conflict within an acceptable timeline.
The danger is not the two principals getting into a war, but one principal and one more proxies.

Xi needs an off ramp and some time to fix the economy. A couple years at least. Both sides know they are building up their militaries, so this is just a pause or detente.

The danger is not the two principals getting into a war, but one principal and one more proxies.

Xi needs an off ramp and some time to fix the economy. A couple years at least. Both sides know they are building up their militaries, so this is just a pause or detente.
There is no "off ramp".

The U.S. side has already spent all the U.S.'s bullets that the U.S. is willing to spend.

What we will see next is if China will surrender or up the ante.

The U.S. side will take nothing less than unconditional surrender as an answer.

There is no "off ramp".

The U.S. side has already spent all the U.S.'s bullets that the U.S. is willing to spend.

What we will see next is if China will surrender or up the ante.

The U.S. side will take nothing less than unconditional surrender as an answer.
Sure, that is always desired but depends on waiting for China to make a mistake (such as mismanagement of their debt) or slowly weaken (due to demographics, for example). Which at a minimum will most likely take a couple of decades.

In the meantime, most likely reason Kissinger is there is to ask China to do something about Russia and offer something to China in exchange.

U.S. also has enormous supplies of coal.

We are only a few years away from Electric Vehicles having enough range to be enough for even U.S. use as the primary form of transportation.

The only reason why the U.S. championed natural gas instead of coal is because the U.S. has the cheapest unsubsidized supply of natural gas.

If the U.S. natural gas runs out and all else fails, the U.S. can simply transition to coal.

You would see how foreigners are using dirty fossil methane that produces the most greenhouse gas and how Patriotic Americans use Clean, Renewable Coal.

Only terrorist countries would use dirty fossil methane instead of Patriotic, Clean, Renewable, Crystalized Sunshine.

Then Iraq and Libya wars was unrelated to gas and oil, in your particular fantasy world :enjoy:.

USA and China wont have energy problems, EU will have.

And China energy solutions and EU energy problems will be thanks to USA twisted plans over Ukraine war.

Then Iraq and Libya wars was unrelated to gas and oil, in your particular fantasy world :enjoy:.

USA and China wont have energy problems, EU will have.

And China energy solutions and EU energy problems will be thanks to USA twisted plans over Ukraine war.
Your Eurocentrism has rotted your brain to the point of thinking that the U.S.'s total war against China which has now had collateral damage to Europe is somehow a U.S. plan to enrich China.

Your mental state is clearly too far gone to save.

Your Eurocentrism has rotted your brain to the point of thinking that the U.S.'s total war against China which has now had collateral damage to Europe is somehow a U.S. plan to enrich China.

Your mental state is clearly too far gone to save.
You're speculating about intentions of USA.

I'm talking of facts, I dont know what the hell thinks USA elite.

*Facts are:
-Ukraine war is really really very good to China. All Russia energy bought by EU in the past, it's now for China. You say: that doesnt matter because fossil energy is not important for you :lol:.

-Ukraine war is bad for EU energetic security.

-EU acts and USA encouraging is making worse the energetic future security of EU. Changing gas suppliers from Russia natural gas through pipelines to USA LNG.

But if you want to know what really thinks USA elites, then read this Soros article of 2015, because they are saying the same:

You're speculating about intentions of USA.

I'm talking of facts, I dont know what the hell thinks USA elite.

*Facts are:
-Ukraine war is really really very good to China. All Russia energy bought by EU in the past, it's now for China. You say: that doesnt matter because fossil energy is not important for you :lol:.

-Ukraine war is bad for EU energetic security.

-EU acts and USA encouraging is making worse the energetic future security of EU. Changing gas suppliers from Russia natural gas through pipelines to USA LNG.

But if you want to know what really thinks USA elites, then read this Soros article of 2015, because they are saying the same:
The U.S. economic elites lost the battle to the neocons and the populists somewhere between Obama and Trump.

It's Neocons and Populists all the way now, and they want total war against China, not matter the collateral damage it results in.

If you haven't noticed, the Biden administration has essentially killed the future of the U.S. semiconductor industry for no other reason than to feed their total war on China.

The U.S. semiconductor industry is in total panic mode right now, and having as many meetings in Washington as they can, but they probably will not succeed in reversing their doom.

The U.S. economic elites lost the battle to the neocons and the populists somewhere between Obama and Trump.

It's Neocons and Populists all the way now, and they want total war against China, not matter the collateral damage it results in.
You think Soros is powerless against USA government.

I think USA government lick Soros shoes, but it's my personal opinion, maybe I'm wrong and truly Biden decides something as you think.

You think Soros is powerless against USA government.

I think USA government lick Soros shoes, but it's my personal opinion, maybe I'm wrong and truly Biden decides something as you think.
Soros is simply a CIA/State Department collaborator.

The economic elite has nearly totally lost to the Neocons and Populists.

Their time is finished, as is the economic future of the U.S.

Soros is simply a CIA/State Department collaborator.

The economic elite has nearly totally lost to the Neocons and Populists.

Their time is finished, as is the economic future of the U.S.

You think USA is ruled by emotions of neocons and populists.

I think USA is ruled by cold reasoning of smart people, likely bankers.

Back
Top Bottom