What's new

Hezbollah launch attack on Israeli troops

Your perception of reality is different from mine. I take pleasure in the fact Israel does all what it takes to submit the enemy, I also take pleasure in the fact that the right wing here is on the rise, that the economy prospers more that ever, and also in the fact that demography no longer plays against us.

Delusional dreams about peace will remain only dreams. Reality is far more complicated - Hamas and Hezbullah have thousands of rockets, but they are afraid to fire. Syria had Scuds and chemical weapons, but now Assad barely controls Latakia. Isn't it peace? The only possible peace here is the gap between the wars.

Keep Hamas out of your business with Hezbollah/Syria. There is active occupation in Palestine and Hamas is not afraid of you. You are in a state of war with the Palestinian people. You are not in state of war Hezbollah but violate Syrian airspace and target them there. So if you seek to ignite conflict with them that is your business not ours. Don't clump Hamas with Hezbollah. Hezbollah is a movement in Lebanon which mostly focuses on Arab-Iranian affairs.

Growing up in Israel is not normal this is why so many Jews are emigrating to the West.
Jews have been emigrating to the West all the way since 1948, but the Jewish population only grows larger. And now buying an apartment here is particularly expensive. Why is it so, when so many Jews are emigrating to the West?

There was a short period of time, in spring of 1967, when more Jews emigrated from Israel that Jews who immigrated into Israel. Shall I remind you what happened in summer of 1967?

Jews have been emigrating to the West all the way since 1948, but the Jewish population only grows larger. And now buying an apartment here is particularly expensive. Why is it so, when so many Jews are emigrating to the West?

There was a short period of time, in spring of 1967, when more Jews emigrated from Israel that Jews who immigrated into Israel. Shall I remind you what happened in summer of 1967?

The only Jewish population that is growing is the ultra orthodox one last time I checked. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Since we are talking about population growth. Do you know the growth of the Arab population in Israel? 25% of all people in Israel are Palestinian Arabs. Have you seen how quickly the Arab populations are growing all around you? We in Egypt are approaching 100 million people very soon.

Times have changed. We regained Sinai back. Now relations are neutral and not hostile like once. We ought to look forward as neighbors and should work towards a solution for the conflict. Somehow I have a feeling of you not wanting an end to the conflict. I might be wrong.

You are free to have whatever opinions you want to. All I will say is that you should learn the difference between a proportional retaliation and one that is the opposite.

Not every Israeli agrees with you that Israel is heading in the right direction. In fact millions of Israelis are not of this opinion or foreign commentators.

Anyway I could not imagine living in Israel under the current circumstances. Always on the guard. Always exposed. Is there any area in Israel outside of the Negev Desert where you can truly feel at peace?

Nobody could ever imagine that Berlin of all cities would be welcoming thousands of Israeli Jews as migrants 70 years after the end of WW2 because of the political, economic and military situation in Israel.
Israel is an example of pluralism, not even every Israeli agrees that 2+2=4. Unlike some other societies, that behave more like a hive mind.

I guess, you're a Muslim, right? I could not imagine being a Muslim.

Germany, U.S., Canada... Israelis sometimes chose to live there, but in times of war many of them come back and volunteer to the army.

Israel killed well over 1000 (!) civilians in 6 weeks of bombing. How is that proportional when only 5 Israeli civilians died and less than 70 soldiers?

When International Law is speaking about proportional warfare,
it is not comparing how many deaths both parties suffer.

When judging if a military attack is legal or not,
it is comparing the number of deaths, compared to the military advantage
gained by performing the attack.

So, if you have a guy shooting from a football arena with 25,000 people present,
it is not OK to take out the arena with a tactical nuke, killing all of them.
If the guy is trying to fire a nuke at a city of a million inhabitants, then it is likely to be legal.
Note: International Law does not consider killing civilians to be a crime.
Intentionally targetting purely civilians is.

The indiscriminate firing of missiles at southern Israel was described as a possible
Crime vs Humanity.
Israel has a recognized right to respond, and stopping the missiles certainly has high value to Israel.
There were a lot of people affected, even if few israelis were killed,
so just comparing deaths is wrong.

Israel is an example of pluralism, not even every Israeli agrees that 2+2=4. Unlike some other societies, that behave more like a hive mind.

I guess, you're a Muslim, right? I could not imagine being a Muslim.

Germany, U.S., Canada... Israelis sometimes chose to live there, but in times of war many of them come back and volunteer to the army.

No society let alone entire country agrees on everything. There are much more plural societies in the ME than Israel. One of them being Egypt. We have as many Christians as you have citizens. We also have people of almost every origin from the region.

I will admit that your government gives more rights to people and that your democratic system, excluding your attitude towards Palestinians, is much more efficient.

I am a ordinary Muslim indeed. I guess you are a follower of Judaism? If so you are not that much different from Muslims. Muslims and Jews are closer in beliefs than anybody else.

Same thing happens in Egypt.

LOL, so u ADMIT that HAMAS launch attack from populated AREAS and u're OKAY with THIS. :hitwall:
Any innocent soul that dies is on terrorists organization such as hamas or hizballa which uses their own civilians as a weapons against the Israelies.
I'm not saying that, Israel does not Target those rocket sites - most Rocket sites are fires from isolated fields or HEZBOLLAH neighborhoods - but Israel only seems to target hospitals, apartments, hotels, UN aid buildings and schools, and everything else that is considered a 'threat'. I suggest you watch vice documentaries, in one clip they showed the hotel they were staying in destroyed for absolutely no reason - they survived because they went to interview someone in another building an hour before the bombing.

These rocket sites look super urbanized and residential.

hamas-rocket-attack-400x266.jpg

Hamas-Rockets.jpg

Blaming-Hamas-for-firing-rockets-is-like-blaming-a-woman-who-punches-her-rapist1.jpg

So, if you have a guy shooting from a football arena with 25,000 people present,
If the guy is trying to fire a nuke at a city of a million inhabitants, then it is likely to be legal.

The indiscriminate firing of missiles at southern Israel was described as a possible
Crime vs Humanity.
Israel has a recognized right to respond, and stopping the missiles certainly has high value to Israel.

It's not about deaths alone but this plays a huge role. Everyone knows that a few rockets fired from Gaza pose no existential threat to Israel and at most will kill a few unlucky civilians as those rockets are not that accurate. Not to forget the Iron Dome. If you think about this, the conclusion should be simple. It was disproportional hence why Israel suffered from so much criticism even from the West. Especially among the public.

Crime vs Humanity.
How is Hamas retaliation a crime? How is Israel targeting everything BUT rocket sites justified?

The only Jewish population that is growing is the ultra orthodox one last time I checked. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Since we are talking about population growth. Do you know the growth of the Arab population in Israel? 25% of all people in Israel are Palestinian Arabs. Have you seen how quickly the Arab populations are growing all around you? We in Egypt are approaching 100 million people very soon.

Times have changed. We regained Sinai back. Now relations are neutral and not hostile like once. We ought to look forward as neighbors and should work towards a solution for the conflict. Somehow I have a feeling of you not wanting an end to the conflict. I might be wrong.
The growth rate of the Jewish population in Israel is constantly rising and has reached now the growth rate of the Arab population in Israel, which is slowing. The orthodox slowly blend into the society.

100 million people in Egypt - that's great. You will surely need some Israeli agriculture technologies to feed them.

The conflict about 'Palestine' will end for you when it would no longer bother you, as a nation. For us it will never end, unless we vanish the 'Palestinians' or they vanish us.

Don't laugh, your recent Gaza genocide was a clear example. 70% death were civilians. Your Air Force carpet bombed neighbourhoods because your troops were afraid to go into Gaza and fight Hamas, who themselves are poorly equipped compared to Israel.

They were until they were liberated.

You obviously don't know what carpet bombing is.
Maybe You should look it up in a dictionary.
Only U.S. Air Force (and maybe Russia) has bombers capable of carpet bombing.

Carpet bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am a ordinary Muslim indeed. I guess you are a follower of Judaism? If so you are not that much different from Muslims. Muslims and Jews are closer in beliefs than anybody else.
I'm a secular atheist Jew.

The growth rate of the Jewish population in Israel is constantly rising and has reached now the growth rate of the Arab population in Israel, which is slowing. The orthodox slowly blend into the society.

100 million people in Egypt - that's great. You will surely need some Israeli agriculture technologies to feed them.

The conflict about 'Palestine' will end for you when it would no longer bother you, as a nation. For us it will never end, unless we vanish the 'Palestinians' or they vanish us.

Do you have any sources that support this? I was convinced that it was mostly the rise of the birth rate among the Ultra Orthodox Jews that contributed the most.

I very much doubt that the Israeli Arab population is decreasing. For every year it has been growing.

Egypt will do fine, Israeli agricultural technologies or not. We have millions of talented people emerging. I am sure that at least some of them will contribute to this field.

If not we still have the world's largest river the Nile around us. The same Nile which gave rise to one of the earliest (if not earliest) and greatest ancient civilization that mankind have seen. The Egyptian one.

Not to forget our long Mediterranean and Red Sea coastlines.

That's quite a radical view point. Many peoples have fought for much longer than Israelis and Palestinians and much, much more bloodily yet they today live in peace or mind their own business. Best example that I can think of being French and Germans. Or Poles and Germans. Also neighbors.

Did the meaning of "launch an attack" change in 2016 by any chance ?

Do you have any sources that support this? I was convinced that it was mostly the rise of the birth rate among the Ultra Orthodox Jews that contributed the most.

I very much doubt that the Israeli Arab population is decreasing. For every year it has been growing.

Egypt will do fine, Israeli agricultural technologies or not. We have millions of talented people emerging. I am sure that at least some of them will contribute to this field.

If not we still have the world's largest river the Nile around us. The same Nile which gave rise to one of the earliest (if not earliest) and greatest ancient civilization that mankind have seen. The Egyptian one.

That's quite a radical view point. Many peoples have fought for much longer than Israelis and Palestinians and much, much more bloodily yet they today live in peace or mind their own business. Best example that I can think of being French and Germans. Or Poles and Germans.
I guess, video lecture in Hebrew won't count as a source? The birth rate among the Ultra Orthodox Jews did contribute the most, but the 'demographic bomb', as some people described it 10-20 years ago, will never explode.

The Israeli Arab population is far from decreasing, but the birth rate among Israeli Arabs has been decreasing for decades by now.

Israeli Jewish, Arab birth rates now even - Inside Israel - News - Arutz Sheva

New Report Shows Dramatic Birth-Rate Shift in Israel: Arab, Jewish Fertility Rates Now Practically Equal | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com

French and Germans, Poles and Germans... Common enemy unites former enemies.

What kind of common enemy can unite us and the 'Palestinians'? Alien invasion?

Back
Top Bottom