What's new

High time Pakistan gets a European football coach

your dont know about pakistan and thats why you are making such statements, pakistan's culture and people have more common with middle east and central asia then your india, balochistan and NWFP area constitute more than 50% of area and they are not considered technically to be in south asia, punjab and sindh are considered to be the gateway of south asia, so it makes pakistan not in south asia

My comment is based on your knowledge which said Pakistan is not part of South Asia.
. Your baseless logic is not going to change facts or the map of South Asia. So, i suggest again learn about the geography of Pakistan and this time also learn about the culture.

My comment is based on your knowledge which said Pakistan is not part of South Asia.
. Your baseless logic is not going to change facts or the map of South Asia. So, i suggest again learn about the geography of Pakistan and this time also learn about the culture.

you indian is asking me, a pakistani to learn abt my culture, how many times have you visited pakistan?? or how many pakistanis do you know??

Oh my dear i hope now it would be clear to you that Pakistan is in South Asia. Anyway let me give you an example about cuiture.Here is a video of a show that i watch regulary,enjoy greatly and i am a big fan. To understand this video, i dont have to take any language classes. Show it to the Chinese, Afghan, Iran or anybody else and ask them whether they can understand it. So is this the culture difference you are talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
They tried changing the focus on cricket in India with no avail. Only kerala is interested in football :P
And no, cricket is a passion in Pakistan just like in India. The fact that you don't like the Indians controlling it, does not make it hateful.

cricket is a passion in pakistan no doubt but we are not as crazy about it as indians! to us akram is not god while in india sachin is god and Dhoni is (SENAPATI) (army general)

& pakistanis don't mind any sports as long as we are good in it. the only reason gained so much popularity is because pakistan got to play india in it and defeat it many a times. hence hockey comes in second!

These Lyari kids are great football players, they should get selected. They're like those low income black brazillian kids in Rio.

:rofl: such a racist bro! low income black brazalian hahahaha

Definitely Pakistan should focus on soccer/football more than cricket, I said it in a couple of threads. Football is recognized and respected everywhere in the world and cricket is what? 15 countries? And I agree with the politcal drama ending if Pakistan moves away from cricket.

I am a football freak, i have been watching and playing football all my life and in various cities of Pakistan and with boys from various different nationalities. Believe me when i say this, Pakistan needs at least 50 years to get to where the better teams of Asia like South Korea and Japan are and that too if we start developing a proper infrastructure from today. Football cannot be taught, it cannot be learned, it has to be developed inside an individual from the age of 6 and by the time he is 22 or 23 you get a footballer. Even from these developed footballers only some are good enough to make it to the highest stage. Players like Messi, Ronaldo, Zidane, Maradonna are exceptions who come once in a life time. Brazilians are however a different breed, they have football in their blood and can start playing football as soon as they start walking.

For Pakistan, first thing is that we do not have natural talent in football because it is not a popular sport. 2ndly, like i said, to develop footballers they need to go into academies from a very young age. Such academies are very few in Pakistan and the ones that are there are so expensive that only the rich can afford sending their children there and of course for these people the priority for their children is their education. So frankly speaking, i think we should just stick to cricket.

Balochis are very good in playing football & pathans also, I use to play football every day when I was young almost all the Pakistanis in Middle East play and watch football. Few of my friends play for clubs here & they are really good players PFF should hire Pakistanis who play for these clubs.

Chinese people also like football very much. :hitwall: but Chinese soccer team is our shame...
China has 1.3 billion people, but we cannot find enough good for 11 football players.

Football or Soccer in Pakistan has a image problem, it's associated with the Riff Raff of society (Makrani, Etc) -- but that is the strength of football, it's a game for everyone -- Whereas Cricket was always an elite game --- and football has the beauty of a team sport, and this again, is not something that goes down well in Pakistan, the whole notion of "team", a number of people cooperating under a plan, towards a goal or objective, well, that's not really a popular idea in Pakistani society.

Sport and specially football is beauty, not only does it promote a very important idea in society (Cooperation/team achievement), it brings all sorts of people together in joy, in appreciation of beauty, and keep them away from Radical ideas.

The fastest way of promoting the growth and development of football is to create winning national team followed by creating professional leagues, the financial motivation unites, players, businessmen, fans, the country, even the region -- players from all over moving between clubs, the citizens of large cities in the Asian continent united in appreciation and healthy competition.

A European coach?? I don't care if the coach is from mars, so long as he or she or it, creates us a winning team - and since building such a team is a multi-year endeavor, the sooner we start the better .

Chinese people also like football very much. :hitwall: but Chinese soccer team is our shame...
China has 1.3 billion people, but we cannot find enough good for 11 football players.

its abt management issues... corruption etc

Football or Soccer in Pakistan has a image problem, it's associated with the Riff Raff of society (Makrani, Etc) -- but that is the strength of football, it's a game for everyone -- Whereas Cricket was always an elite game --- and football has the beauty of a team sport, and this again, is not something that goes down well in Pakistan, the whole notion of "team", a number of people cooperating under a plan, towards a goal or objective, well, that's not really a popular idea in Pakistani society.

Sport and specially football is beauty, not only does it promote a very important idea in society (Cooperation/team achievement), it brings all sorts of people together in joy, in appreciation of beauty, and keep them away from Radical ideas.

The fastest way of promoting the growth and development of football is to create winning national team followed by creating professional leagues, the financial motivation unites, players, businessmen, fans, the country, even the region -- players from all over moving between clubs, the citizens of large cities in the Asian continent united in appreciation and healthy competition.

A European coach?? I don't care if the coach is from mars, so long as he or she or it, creates us a winning team - and since building such a team is a multi-year endeavor, the sooner we start the better .

While i agree with the point of view your have tried to make, to create a winning football team we have to create a system. Football is not like cricket where Pakistan keeps on getting talented players without any proper infrastructure. Also unlike cricket, footballers have to start at a very very young age because by the age of 12-13 a footballer's basic technique is already developed which cannot be modified. The best way to improve is to develop cricket academies in various cities of Pakistan and induct talented youth and provide them all facilities.

Back
Top Bottom