What's new

Hijab And Corporate Morality — Orya Maqbool Jan

Forced.......................................

What the hell. And our men have to shave their heads when they perform Umrah and Hajj, it is mandatory.

And yes women hair are stimulus, I say this as a fully endowed functional male and not as some "Begum Nawazish" or some "Bobby" that women encounter in saloons. I wonder how a female can say this about female hair.

If hairs 're a stimulus then so 're a woman's eyes!!!
What about the eyes??
Scarf for the hairs and glares for the eyes??
And no matter how much one tries to hide, none of this would guarantee protection.
Instead of putting women behind veils, men should learn to stop eyeing women with lecherous intentions.

Unfortunately what many here don't understand is that head scarf is worn for a very practical reason, which is to provide protection from sun and sand. And suggesting that every man is a potential rapist, and that hairs 're an erotic stimulus, is in my view the most preposterous thing to do.

What about the eyes??
And no matter how much one tries to hide, none of this would guarantee protection.
Instead of putting women behind veils, men should learn to stop eyeing women with lecherous intentions.

Unfortunately what many here don't understand is that head scarf is worn for a very practical reason, which is to provide protection from sun and sand. And suggesting that every man is a potential rapist, and that hairs 're an erotic stimulus, is in my view the most preposterous thing to do.

If you would look at my very first post in this thread that is exactly what I said, "Men to lower their gaze first no matter what type of woman they come across" Woman to cover themselves comes second but is mandatory and logical.

Now coming to rest of your post, eyes without hair don't hold attraction, none whatsoever, And not every woman covers her head for protection from sun and sand sorry that is not always the case, there are women who would leave anything but their Parda. And if the purpose was to totally obliterate the concept that nothing is going to happen after all this and its a guaranteed way to protection, then why Hell and Heaven are there (Muslim belief)?

And it does not take much for man to become a rapist, I know this species very well, I have seen them how they go crazy in their fantasies and urges, even in the professional life. There are very limited number of strong men very limited who can control themselves.

Lol
Does a liberal thinking woman who choses not wear head scarf or a long dress automatically qualify for the post of "one who wears slutty dresses(in your lexicon)"??
You are the one who suggested it...No where had I started with the provocative shit...(anyway feel free to change the hairstyles of any of the ladies to anything ugly lets see how attractive she still is) All I had said was that we dont stutter around fully clad in gold down a dangerous street....Why cant women give themselves that much respect?

But no that was too tough to digest I guess...

And who asked woman to wear cave-women dresses here??
Oh I am sorry like a typical Indian you talk about 1 locations (i.e. indians in India think that is the world and you in Dubai think that is the world) sorry my bad...

I support dressing modestly and according to the occasion. (Wearing crocs and jeans to a marriage party would look as galoot-ish as wearing a fully covered dress at the pool).
Purely based on opinion and whatever is in...Human race is a sneeze away from making a wedding a pool party :enjoy:

But I've yet to understand why do ppl have to wear gloves, and abayas longer than themselves and at the same time apply heavy mascara and eye shadow to their eyes, the only part of the body which is visible from the abayas??
How many years have you been there and you still havent figured out? :o: That has to be a new or you just dont mingle with enough people

Gloves are not part of the Islamic covering....some just do extra without realizing they are going over board....

Those who apply think mascara and makeup on their eyes are obviously cladding an abaya to please the culture not the religion coz anything excessive is not part of religion....while explaining that the eyes are the only thing that is visible so just like common girls who need to wear the latest fashion be it half naked or be it Anarkali likewise Arab women need to have their eyes on display (coz the verse has this portion: not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears)

Other than grabbing eyeballs those heavy eyeshadows,mascara,artificial eyelashes , and tight fitting abayas with long slits serve no other purpose. And who doesn't know of Arab women's penchant for beauty products??
I am sorry in your circle you ONLY see these women and are only capable of comparing them while I talk about women in hijab in general ....not limited to Middle East! :coffee:
Arabs purchase everything not just beauty products...So I am not sure why that is your concern does it surpass your budget that it annoyed you? :pop:

And no, those hairstyles which you've posted are definitely not provocative. I mean just how??? how do you rate 'em provocative??
They arent you are the one who brought that BS so I asked you are they?

But as 1 member already answered:
You obviously are not into poetry :frown:

Those are smart hairstyles which most of the women try these days (like hair straightening and curling). Every other girl carries a hairstyler nowadays, a few regressive women might not be using it though.
Sometimes I really have to wonder if you are naive or just dumb....Sorry but yea...
In fact all you can change about yourself is your hairstyle. All the other features on your body 're permanent. So what's wrong if someone wants to change their hairstyle???
Now this is what a Muslim woman has to say about wearing a head scarf, and why she doesn't wear one.
Typical of a human always never satisfied...Nothing wrong with changing hairstyles but as per my posts question arises WHY SHOW IT TO PUBLIC...Hijab has nothing to do with what you do to yourself but more to do with this: WHY PUT YOURSELF AS A DISPLAY?

Why I as a Muslim Woman Don't Wear a Headscarf
1stly she isnt a scholar of Islam as stated by the article...She has a doctorate in
ʿIlm al-Kalām (Arabic: علم الكلام‎, literally "science of discourse"[1]), often foreshortened to kalām, is an Islamic science born out of the need to establish and defend the tenets of Islamic faith against doubters and detractors. A scholar of kalām is referred to as amutakallim (plural mutakallimūn) as distinguished from philosophers, jurists and scientists. There are many possible interpretations as to why this discipline was originally called "kalām"; one is that the widest controversy in this discipline has been about whether the Word of God, as revealed in the Qur'an, can be considered part of God's essence and therefore not created, or whether it was made into words in the normal sense of speech, and is therefore created.
I see where she is taking the verse but sadly she is only using 1 verse nothing before and after it....

fulfils its original purpose of protecting women from male desire.
Has harassment, rape and viewing women as a woman changed in Germany? Or does she just wanna fit in and be accepted just like everyone who puts themselves on display? What is wrong in being different?

A free state based on the rule of law protects a woman, for example by punishing attacks on her person
So she is gonna wait until she gets attacked? Wise people go by this rule: better safe than sorry...

What would still initially remain is the khimâr the head covering that was part of women's clothing at that time. The Koran neither speaks against nor in any way emphasises that form of covering. God uses the word only once in the Koran (24:31). That occurs in passing in connection with a call for moral behaviour. So there is no Koranic emphasis on such head covering.
This is reference to what she claimed and how far off she was
and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, their brothers' sons, their sisters' sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed.

And so on...it is sad you find people who read the quran on face value and not the words and their meanings why do I say so....coz of her ignorant reply...God didnt use the word only once....He used it in other places (at least the root word) and also the seriousness of it....The Quran is not a book where you hold 1 verse and ignore the other verse...Being a Molecular Biologist we as molecular biologists have understood the need to learn a whole system as oppose to individual genes....Sequencing genes is not hard but showing how they work in the system is....likewise that word has been in the Quran more than once and she was blind to it shows how much she can understand Quran and how good of a quote she can give ...Good job to post ignorant people as good examples....

So if you open your hair, men will go nuts? Maybe Muslim men have less self control, that is certainly being implied.
secrets-for-sexy-hair.jpg
Now if she was covered would you react the same? If you say yes you are clearly lying....Coz even science tells us you would! Coz the eyes perceive and it is an important stimuli!

By your logic, that hijab is perfect also implies that women can be protected by building walls. So please consider keeping them in jails, including yourself and keep men out by electric fence. No man will even come close. Pure chastity guaranteed.
Wow so you agree with taliban :coffee:

I see the extremism in you growing

On a serious note, if you wish to wear it, do so. But if you consider those not wearing it slutty, then you should be locked up or deported to some Islamic hellhole. For good.
Mind you it was @levina who declared them to be provocative without it....I never said it so I asked is it provocative by posting those pix...Apparently both of you are such big trolls you cant even see what you did to each other :tsk:

Don't mind but do you mean women's hairstyles are an erotic stimulus???
When you walk down a street then no one turns to look at you because of your hair. Only if you dress provocatively or in a particular way, and behave accordingly, do you attract some attention.
You think that men dont turn attention when women do these:

rhobh-420-07-brandi.gif

VKEE3XO.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_mslvoaSo4z1sx6krro1_400.gif

Each are wearing decently

Tell me why is a head scarf worn??
Hijab is not restricted to the headscarf it is about body, mind and soul....

Donning a colorful scarf over her neck and hair, Kate Watkins, freshman in international studies at North Carolina State University, walked into her yoga class and quickly drew the attention of peers. As a participant in Behind the Veil, an educational event sponsored by the Muslim Student Association, Watkins and other non-Muslim students wore the hijab for a day.

"I think it's important to understand people who are different than me by walking in their shoes before I make any judgments," Watkins said.

The cultural exchange of wearing the hijab extends past the realm of apparel and covers the aspect of hijab as a lifestyle choice. As a requirement for women in the Koran, the hijab carries a spiritual significance for many young women.

A cloud of controversy has surrounded this Muslim garment and event organizers said they chose to do this exchange to demonstrate the true meaning of the hijab and to clarify common misconceptions.

"This isn't a symbol of oppression," Fatima Fareed, a freshman in elementary education, said. "As a woman I feel liberated while wearing the hijab, and there is no contradiction. It's a sign of modesty and respect and I feel empowered to do so."

The event included a panel discussion with three Muslim women-two who chose to wear the headdress and one woman who chose not to wear it yet.

"Never had I been ashamed of being Muslim," Sameen Mujtaba, a junior in polymer color chemistry said while telling her narrative of when she started wearing the hijab. "When I was younger I used to wear capris but one day I met a girl who converted to Islam wearing the hijab. It made a lasting impression on me."

There is a recommended age in Islam, at around puberty, when it's appropriate to don the hijab, which is only the headscarf-not to be confused with the burqa, which is a full-body covering. However, many young women are encouraged to take their time when considering when to put on the hijab.

"Of course, if it's forced upon you, you won't understand its importance and coercion is counterproductive," Doaa Dorgham, a junior in psychology, said. As event organizer and fellow hijabi (one who wears the hijab), Dorgham said Muslim women should only wear the hijab when they are most comfortable doing so. "It's not worth it just going through the motions. Islam doesn't just consider your actions, but also your intentions."

The theme of modesty reappeared throughout the panel discussion, and the panelists described their perspectives of modesty not just regarding physical appearance, but also decent behavior.

"When I was thinking about modesty," Mujtaba said, "I thought that someone who isn't modest is someone who's trying too hard-trying too hard to impress someone. A lot of the stuff I'm inclined to do is probably more geared to impressing someone, and I'm guilty for that. But wearing the hijab reminds me to be sincere and be myself."

Dorgham said that the hijab doesn't define her, but she rather defines herself and her hijabi lifestyle.

"I worked it to that the hijab being a part of me," Dorgham said between mediating the panel. "If someone wears a scarf, it doesn't mean that they are better than those who don't."

Iqra Chhotani, a senior in biological sciences, is of Pakistani descent and sat on the discussion panel as the non-Hijabi. Although she recounted personal conflict and self-debate about her role as a Muslim, she said she will eventually wear the scarf.

"I don't feel that I'm ready," Chhotani said. "Coming to college, and despite being a senior, I don't know everything about who I am or who I want to be. I'm taking the steps to being a better person and Muslim. When I feel like I can look at myself in the mirror and say, 'Wow, I can carry the name of being a Muslim,' and be proud about it more than I already am, that's when I can wear it."

The conversation of the significance of the hijab continued for nearly two hours. At the end the discussion was opened to broader questions not just regarding the hijab but Muslim practices and culture as well. The non-Muslim women who chose to take part in the social experiment recounted their experiences and Watkins said her view of the hijab and Islam changed.

"I think that many people get bogged down on one side of the argument," Watkins said. "It's a very beautiful expression of faith and I have learned lessons that I can apply to my Christian beliefs."
- See more at: IslamiCity.com - Students unveil the meaning of the Muslim hijab

Hijab is an Arabic word meaning barrier or partition.

In Islam, however, it has a broader meaning. It is the principle of modesty and includes behaviour as well as dress for both males and females.

BBC - Religions - Islam: Hijab

What about the eyes??
Just coz something happens in middle east is not necessary the right thing that is why people are advised to read the scriptures not blindly follow :coffee:

Tell me why is a head scarf worn??

Modesty , Covering head is the symbol of Modesty ..
look at nuns ..
rest things , you will not understand ..

@Zarvan you dont have to feel ashamed , you should have known that Your Religion is Perfect , let the world Criticize cause its there work .. your work is to educated them , with scripture and Logic ...

This thread should not be closed ...

Now if she was covered would you react the same? If you say yes you are clearly lying....Coz even science tells us you would! Coz the eyes perceive and it is an important stimuli!
There is no science that suggests even remotely that men tend to get 'turned on' by women's hairs. Certain body parts, yes, hairs, no, no, and no. You may call me 'impotent' but I am not telling a lie here.

Interesting points.... can women not get turned on by men? Do they not have sexual interests? Lust?

There is no science that suggests even remotely that men tend to get 'turned on' by the women's hairs. Body parts, yes, hairs, no. You may call me 'impotent' but I am not telling a lie here.
Men get turned on even by voice...as for hair it depends if women spend hrs in a salon and well appear nice...as compared to the same woman rolled out of bed or cover in hijab...do try it the difference is huge...It is not solely the hair but grooming and as I said in my previous posts that hijab is not confined to hair but it is mind, body and spirituality....

It does ease of the attention off our body and directly on to what we say rather ...

Hair is a part of beauty as in poetry ....it defines the personal looks to an extent ...There were experiments where the same person was in different hair styles messy to nicely groomed and yes it gave different results so practically it does add on to attractiveness!

Here is a non scientific random survey about hair:

2. Men like shiny things.
4. As long as it's naturally thick, long, and wavy.

Blonde Or Brunette? 9 Things Men REALLY Think About Your Hair | YourTango

Abstract

The current study examined the neural substrates of facial attractiveness judgments. Based on the extant behavioral literature, it was hypothesized that brain regions involved in identifying the potential reward value of a stimulus would be more active when men viewed attractive women than when women viewed attractive men. To test this hypothesis, we conducted an event-related functional magnetic resonance imaging experiment during which participants provided explicit attractiveness judgments for faces of the opposite sex. These individual ratings were subsequently used to perform analyses aimed at identifying the brain regions preferentially responsive to attractive faces for both sex groups. The results revealed that brain regions comprising the putative reward circuitry (e.g., nucleus accumbens [NAcc], orbito-frontal cortex [OFC]) showed a linear increase in activation with increased judgments of attractiveness. However, further analysis also revealed sex differences in the recruitment of OFC, which distinguished attractive and unattractive faces only for male participants.

An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Does Women's Hair Signal Reproductive Potential?

Abstract

This study explores the possibility that women's hair signals their reproductive potential. Evolutionary psychology and related approaches are considered as rationales for the belief that women's hair is a signal for mate selection and attraction. A sample of women were approached in public places and surveyed as to their age, hair quality, marital status, hair length, children, and overall health. A significant correlation between hair length and age indicated that younger women tend to have longer hair than older women. Hair quality was correlated with women's health. Consistent with the principle of intersexual selection, the results of this study indicate that hair length and quality can act as a cue to a woman's youth and health and, as such, signify reproductive potential. Future directions for research on women's hair are discussed.

Journal of Experimental Social Psychology

Does Women's Hair Signal Reproductive Potential?

Interesting points.... can women not get turned on by men? Do they not have sexual interests? Lust?
Women are more on hearing while male are more on seeing....

Men get turned on even by voice...as for hair it depends if women spend hrs in a salon and well appear nice...as compared to the same woman rolled out of bed or cover in hijab...do try it the difference is huge...It is not solely the hair but grooming and as I said in my previous posts that hijab is not confined to hair but it is mind, body and spirituality....

It does ease of the attention off our body and directly on to what we say rather ...

Hair is a part of beauty as in poetry ....it defines the personal looks to an extent ...There were experiments where the same person was in different hair styles messy to nicely groomed and yes it gave different results so practically it does add on to attractiveness!

Here is a non scientific random survey about hair:

2. Men like shiny things.
4. As long as it's naturally thick, long, and wavy.

Blonde Or Brunette? 9 Things Men REALLY Think About Your Hair | YourTango

Abstract

The current study examined the neural substrates of facial attractiveness judgments. Based on the extant behavioral literature, it was hypothesized that brain regions involved in identifying the potential reward value of a stimulus would be more active when men viewed attractive women than when women viewed attractive men. To test this hypothesis, we conducted an event-related functional magnetic resonance imaging experiment during which participants provided explicit attractiveness judgments for faces of the opposite sex. These individual ratings were subsequently used to perform analyses aimed at identifying the brain regions preferentially responsive to attractive faces for both sex groups. The results revealed that brain regions comprising the putative reward circuitry (e.g., nucleus accumbens [NAcc], orbito-frontal cortex [OFC]) showed a linear increase in activation with increased judgments of attractiveness. However, further analysis also revealed sex differences in the recruitment of OFC, which distinguished attractive and unattractive faces only for male participants.

An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie
The abstract does not talk about libido but simply that brains of certain people respond to a stimulus (that is also a variable by the way). For instance, certain group of people may not respond to faces they are not grown up with, such as those of in Africa or Aboriginals or from Amazonian basin, and vice versa. There is no evidence, I am reiterating again, that suggests hairs alone or in combination with 'attractive face' will turn on men.

There is no evidence, I am reiterating again, that suggests hairs alone or in combination with 'attractive face' will turn on men.
How sure are you? I have read a few articles PLUS the brain is the problem as it sends all the signals...

2ndly, I am not interested in labido but the fact that something can "stimulate certain areas of the brain " of even 1% of the world's male is concern enough!

You do know OFC or whatever it is called is the certain area in question here...I am not going to put up experiments with libido ....too many trolls to take that topic here...you are free to google them

How sure are you? I have read a few articles PLUS the brain is the problem as it sends all the signals...

2ndly, I am not interested in labido but the fact that something can "stimulate certain areas of the brain " of even 1% of the world's male is concern enough!
OK, now you are taking the discussion towards a different direction. Even if you pack a woman in shuttle cock burqa, if someone wants to think dirty, he sure will find something about the burqa itself that will make him 'feel' what he wants to 'feel'. Human brain is far more complex and 'innovative' when it comes to certain things. Your argument is, a woman should cover her hairs for they may be 'inviting' men... inviting to 'think' right? and I am saying that if someone wants to 'think', he can 'think' regardless. I for instance like long hairs, not because they incite my libido, but because my mother had long hairs, and I used to play with them as a kid. I wanted my wife to sport long hairs but she prefers short, and thats fine with me, because long hairs is not an 'article' that plays any role in our intimacy if you will. Many things we like have lots to do with our upbringing, with things we have grown up with, with which we are familiar. You can hold a poll here and if participants honestly participate, you'll learn that hairs have nothing to do with libido and if not, than covering hairs in order to 'protect' oneself form 'harm' is a moot point.

OK, now you are taking the discussion towards a different direction. Even if you pack a woman in shuttle cock burqa, if someone wants to think dirty, he sure will find something about the burqa itself that will make him 'feel' what he wants to 'feel'.
The human brain needs to see to feel ...sure they can imagine but that is not your responsibility as it is not you who made them see/ imagine or initiated it....Why burden our soul with shit like we dont have other things to burden it with?

. Human brain is far more complex and 'innovative' when it comes to certain things. Your argument is, a woman should cover her hairs for they may be 'inviting' men... inviting to 'think' right?
based on science and science has shown that while your argument was science has never shown it

and I am saying that if someone wants to 'think', he can 'think' regardless. I for instance like long hairs, not because they incite my libido, but because my mother had long hairs, and I used to play with them as a kid. I wanted my wife to sport long hairs but she prefers short, and thats fine with me, because long hairs is not an 'article' that plays any role in our intimacy if you will.
My argument started from hair now the length is just a feature to measure the hair....some men like short hair while others like long...The word hair is the common factor!

Many things we like have lots to do with our upbringing, with things we have grown up with, with which we are familiar.
So you mean to tell me a tribe in secluded mountains or jungles would not be attracted to a woman and may as well be naturally attracted to men? It is nature that attracts men to women and vice versa....Hair does play an important part in defining the attractiveness ...I am trying to look for that experiment where the same girls with different hair styles was used to test for attractiveness...and the results did show brain stimulated by different hair styles although the girls were the same....

You can hold a poll here and if participants honestly participate, you'll learn that hairs have nothing to do with libido and if not, than covering hairs in order to 'protect' oneself form 'harm' is a moot point.
The min they see it is from a Pakistani honesty is down the toilet!

Front Psychol. 2015; 6: 377

Visual attractiveness is leaky: the asymmetrical relationship between face and hair

Predicting personality is crucial when communicating with people. It has been revealed that the perceived attractiveness or beauty of the face is a cue. As shown in the well-known “what is beautiful is good” stereotype, perceived attractiveness is often associated with desirable personality. Although such research on attractiveness used mainly the face isolated from other body parts, the face is not always seen in isolation in the real world. Rather, it is surrounded by one’s hairstyle, and is perceived as a part of total presence. In human vision, perceptual organization/integration occurs mostly in a bottom up, task-irrelevant fashion. This raises an intriguing possibility that task-irrelevant stimulus that is perceptually integrated with a target may influence our affective evaluation. In such a case, there should be a mutual influence between attractiveness perception of the face and surrounding hair, since they are assumed to share strong and unique perceptual organization. In the current study, we examined the influence of a task-irrelevant stimulus on our attractiveness evaluation, using face and hair as stimuli. The results revealed asymmetrical influences in the evaluation of one while ignoring the other. When hair was task-irrelevant, it still affected attractiveness of the face, but only if the hair itself had never been evaluated by the same evaluator. On the other hand, the face affected the hair regardless of whether the face itself was evaluated before. This has intriguing implications on the asymmetry between face and hair, and perceptual integration between them in general. Together with data from a post hoc questionnaire, it is suggested that both implicit non-selective and explicit selective processes contribute to attractiveness evaluation. The findings provide an understanding of attractiveness perception in real-life situations, as well as a new paradigm to reveal unknown implicit aspects of information integration for emotional judgment.

Visual attractiveness is leaky: the asymmetrical relationship between face and hair

Simple change in behaviour of people based on hair :
The Interviewer Wore a Flower in Her Hair
The Effect of Hair Ornamentation on Compliance to a Survey Request
Field Methods January 16, 2015
Abstract
Studies have shown that restaurant waitresses with hair ornamentation receive higher tips than waitresses without ornaments. However, the effect of such ornamentation on other behaviors has never been explored. In this study, the effect of a female interviewer’s hair ornamentation on compliance with a survey request was examined. Male and female passersby walking alone in the street were asked to participate in a short survey on their food consumption by a female interviewer wearing hair ornamentation (a real flower or a barrette with a synthetic red rose decoration) or not. Findings revealed that both types of hair ornamentation were associated with higher compliance with the survey request than in the no-ornamentation condition.

The Interviewer Wore a Flower in Her Hair

secrets-for-sexy-hair.jpg
Yeah. I have a burqa fetish. Now what? I find this lady above boring. My choice.
If the lady above gets me up, I should check with a doctor for hyper sexuality.

Wow so you agree with taliban :coffee:

I see the extremism in you growing
Lol. YOU are the Taliban here. I don't mind what you wear. Wear steel burqas for all I care. I only have a problem with your illogical explanations defending it. Just say, it's a part of your faith and I won't mind/will tolerate.

I dont know quantum physics and nor am interested coz it is not established and still in research ......it has changed since its first introduction and has been expanding so until that field is stable enough you cant use it as an example
Lol. You don't know Quantum Physics and conclude that it is expanding, still in research and not stable enough? :D Every field is expanding and research is done on everything. QP is now pretty old anyway.

You are just plain nonsensical. Don't talk gibberish and stop making a fool out of yourself further.
You are talking to Lady Talib(with all due respect) here. She will continue her rant till you state that the religion you follow is false and Islam is the one and only true religion. :P

Back
Top Bottom