What's new

Hinduism in China

I accept ur arguement...
Isram spread through peace in indonesia, malaysia and maldives etc..
U see thats y ur countries are relatively developed than others.... And indonesia always respect its past... Have the national symbal as Garuda(which is mount of Vishnu) and still follow the glorious dances , folk arts in saying stories of mahabharata..
There are many krishna-Arjuna stories and statues in indonesia... People respect their past and anchestory... They claim it as their own... Malaysia also proudly respects its past...
But here in Subcontinent dont....

U r wrong in this... HInduism spreaded in 5th Century AD, when one sage visited malay peninsula and Sri vijaya...
Tamil chola kings conquered it only in 11th century... there was definitely spread of hinduism before that... Even phillipines had hindu anchestory... But no one from india conquered them,,... But kings from vietnam, thailand laos combodia may have conquered them .. that time those kings were hindus too...

@Limpeh are u a tamil?

Thanks for the clarification and info mate :) And yup, I'm Tamil Singaporean. My ancestors came out of Tamil Nadu way back in the 1820's to Singapore. I have read about the Chola kings too :) Tamil is one of the 4 official languages here and its one of the three you can opt to study in school as a 2nd language here. Tamil contribution in our nation-building is immense! Back then we had to import your little square textbook from India before we started printing our own. So I learnt quite a fair deal about your country and our shared heritage together. Ahh good times! :tup:

@Rajaraja Chola - Sorry to the others if this is slightly offtopic but I just have one question to this poster.

I'd like to know as well mate, if u have any information as to how the Tamil rule over the Malay Peninsula in the 11th century was and how it actually impacted the society. I tried searching this up on the Net but the information I have from there is very limited. There are no local sources to fall back on either. Singapore's official recorded history begins in 1819 and everything prior to that has been dumped into the 'based on rumors' category. Would appreciate it if u knew anything about this and could point me in the right direction.

Thanks for the clarification and info mate :) And yup, I'm Tamil Singaporean. My ancestors came out of Tamil Nadu way back in the 1820's to Singapore. I have read about the Chola kings too :) Tamil is one of the 4 official languages here and its one of the three you can opt to study in school as a 2nd language here. Tamil contribution in our nation-building is immense! Back then we had to import your little square textbook from India before we started printing our own. So I learnt quite a fair deal about your country and our shared heritage together. Ahh good times! :tup:

@Rajaraja Chola - Sorry to the others if this is slightly offtopic but I just have one question to this poster.

I'd like to know as well mate, if u have any information as to how the Tamil rule over the Malay Peninsula in the 11th century was and how it actually impacted the society. I tried searching this up on the Net but the information I have from there is very limited. There are no local sources to fall back on either. Singapore's official recorded history begins in 1819 and everything prior to that has been dumped into the 'based on rumors' category. Would appreciate it if u knew anything about this and could point me in the right direction.

Singapore tamizha :)
Enakum singapore and malaysia la relations irukaanga, aana avanga oru 60-70 years before thaan ponanga...
Tamils have contributed greatly to nation building yes... SR NAthan was a tamil right!!!
Speaking of language, which is the first language in Singapore? Malay?

I yesterday read a source, but cant remember the site name now...
It said, Rajendra Chola and Sri vijaya Kings were on friendly terms, and chola ships to china always rested in Sri Vijaya or malaya..
In Sri Vijaya political uncertainity was brewing, with a younger brother of the Sri Vijayan king also wanted Kingship.. The war was highly ittrational for both, but still no one came out as winners...
So for money the Sri Vijayan emperor, used pirates to loot local ship passing through the malacca straits..
Chola on learning this, became very angry, and conquered Sri Vijaya, malaya and kampuchea(combodia)...
The source said, the inscription is written in temple in tanjore Big temple..

Again with the one liners.
Why can't a single one of you post a thought out logical response?
I am honestly starting to believe the IQ news reports.

what i meant to say is in india hindus experienced a lot of forceful conversions, burning and destroying of temples and ancient scripts. but that was not the case in SE asia.

Singapore tamizha :)
Enakum singapore and malaysia la relations irukaanga, aana avanga oru 60-70 years before thaan ponanga...
Tamils have contributed greatly to nation building yes... SR NAthan was a tamil right!!!
Speaking of language, which is the first language in Singapore? Malay?

I yesterday read a source, but cant remember the site name now...
It said, Rajendra Chola and Sri vijaya Kings were on friendly terms, and chola ships to china always rested in Sri Vijaya or malaya..
In Sri Vijaya political uncertainity was brewing, with a younger brother of the Sri Vijayan king also wanted Kingship.. The war was highly ittrational for both, but still no one came out as winners...
So for money the Sri Vijayan emperor, used pirates to loot local ship passing through the malacca straits..
Chola on learning this, became very angry, and conquered Sri Vijaya, malaya and kampuchea(combodia)...
The source said, the inscription is written in temple in tanjore Big temple..

Nanbaa!!!:D Singapore-il yengay irukkaanga? Neenga ingey vantha sollunga, naama kandippa meet pannunom :) Yup SR Nathan was a Tamil too, also all the way bro from the time our Sri Mariamman Temple was built, we've always had a well-integrated Tamil community here. Ippo irukkira India-vei vida namma Singapore Tamil commuity pazhasu. That's one reason why u see our Tamils always extending our hands and welcoming our Tamil brothers into Singapore with open arms while we resist the North Indians heavily. It's cos our identity is Singaporean and Tamil and India as a country never existed when our ancestors left the place. Government failed to realize Indian diaspora works differently.

Yup National language is Malay, but it's usage is limited. English is the official language for administration, business and education. And Tamil and Mandarin are the other two official languages.

Thanks for the info about the inscription mate. I'll do a further reading on it.

According to jbond197 (baba jee), you can be atheist and Hindu at the same time. Confusing as sheet.

Does it happen? Sure. Is it allowed in Hindu villages? Nope.

Yes it is perfectly possible. I do not like the concept of God but I am proud to be a Hindu.

Its a very practical religion, it does not order you to worship God.

Mr.Toork, the way u described the profecy of muslims in bhabisya purana is wrong. with my little knowledge i can tell u veda which is the heart of hinduism opposes reincarnation. if u look at hinduism through bhabisya purana u will end up in nothing. ur statement miligned the image of hinduism sorry to say.

i can tell u veda which is the heart of hinduism opposes reincarnation.

First of all you cant tell me "a veda" all you can do is quote a mantra from Veda.

And secondly even if you try as much as you can, there is no such mantra that you can bring up to support your stupid stupid claim. On the other hand I can quote at least 2 dozen Mantras from Vedas, Upanishads, epics etc. which says life is not just being born and being dead. Its an infinitely recurring cycle, untill the "Jeeva" attains Moksha.

And Mr Krishna-Dwayapayan is someone who did vyavasthapan of Vedas into 4 parts 5000 years ago. And hence came to be known as Veda-Vyas. He is the same one who wrote Bhavishya Puran and predicted arrival of mohammad.

You think you know a hidden little veda mantra that Veda Vyasa, the Vyavasthapak of Vedas, himself failed to notice? :lol:

Your argument is not only flawed but also FALSE. I am waiting for your response.

Nanbaa!!!:D Singapore-il yengay irukkaanga? Neenga ingey vantha sollunga, naama kandippa meet pannunom :) Yup SR Nathan was a Tamil too, also all the way bro from the time our Sri Mariamman Temple was built, we've always had a well-integrated Tamil community here. Ippo irukkira India-vei vida namma Singapore Tamil commuity pazhasu. That's one reason why u see our Tamils always extending our hands and welcoming our Tamil brothers into Singapore with open arms while we resist the North Indians heavily. It's cos our identity is Singaporean and Tamil and India as a country never existed when our ancestors left the place. Government failed to realize Indian diaspora works differently.

Yup National language is Malay, but it's usage is limited. English is the official language for administration, business and education. And Tamil and Mandarin are the other two official languages.

Thanks for the info about the inscription mate. I'll do a further reading on it.

u are the guy faking urself in other threads as chinese...... and talking **** about india..... tamil ppl are a part of india and unlike u they are pure nationalist..

Mr.Toork, do care to translate this " na jayate mriyate ba bipaschinnayam kutaschinna bavuba kaschit. ajo nittaha saswatohayam purano na hanyate hanyamane sarire" sir now tell me how wd u support avatarism after this. and one more thing, vedavyasa who wrote mahabharata didnt write bhagabata. kindly do ur research more thoroughly before commenting something about hinduism. and also dont trouble urself by posting 2dozen slokas about janmachakra. i agree that part.

Back
Top Bottom