What's new

History of China

I like the Qin and Han empire the most.

Ever played Dynasty warriors? Always used to play that when I was younger. I like the three kingdoms period in China...
:)

just because the famous novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms?hehe,I like three kingdoms period also,and I like the Spring and Autumn Period and the Warring States era better.

A straight sword will fly right off your hand if you try to slice a target with it on horseback at full gallop.

yes u r right``thats why those horseback nomades were using curved swords,``

this is an example of curved Tang sword
1303728427_4362.jpg

this one is from a japanese museum

more Tang Swords
1303728766_3605.jpg

this is standard Tang Sword, can be handled with two hands

1303728413_4564.jpg

look at the sharp edge``!!

1303728403_6538.jpg

this is for generals high ranking officials or ceremonial purpose
same as this one
1303728377_1086.jpg

1303728392_2845.jpg

another standard one

now the most powerful Tang infantry weapon called 陌刀,Mo Dao, its a extreemly long two handed saber`

1303728741_6631.jpg

1303728749_934.jpg

1303728778_2606.jpg

when not in use soldiers had to disassemble them, these infantries carrying the massive long blade and handle seperately``

1303728729_8337.jpg

I am currently reading about the period of Chinese history between the collapse of the Late Han and the rise of the Sui (roughly 200-500 C.E.)

It's the period I know the least about, so I find it very interesting. There were so many different dynasties and peoples in China during that time.

Question to Chinese Members: What do Chinese history books teach about the Toba Empire that ruled North China in the 4th century C.E., and the Tibetan ruler Fu-chen, who forged an empire in the same area after the Toba weakened?

I find both polities of great interest, but there is so little information about them.

I am currently reading about the period of Chinese history between the collapse of the Late Han and the rise of the Sui (roughly 200-500 C.E.)

It's the period I know the least about, so I find it very interesting. There were so many different dynasties and peoples in China during that time.

Question to Chinese Members: What do Chinese history books teach about the Toba Empire that ruled North China in the 4th century C.E., and the Tibetan ruler Fu-chen, who forged an empire in the same area after the Toba weakened?

I find both polities of great interest, but there is so little information about them.

So you are covering the period between the Three Kingdoms and the establishment of the Sui Dynasty. It is known as the dark ages of China. While there was a great deal of cultural exchanges between China and her neighbors there were also chaos and war. Pretty grim times.

it is like europe after the fallen of west roman empire. But there was never a toba empire that took the northland.

Toba ruled north China, they did. we call them 鲜卑(xianbei) or 拓跋鲜卑(tuoba or toba xianbei). They created wei empire(we call it as beiwei/ North wei?). Finally, Wei was insteaded by Sui empire.
That period is a darkness and chao age. There were no law, freedom and justice etc , but blood, iron and death.

and the Tibetan ruler Fu-chen, who forged an empire in the same area after the Toba weakened?
I dont know who is this fu-chen. 苻坚(fu jian)?

when not in use soldiers had to disassemble them, these infantries carrying the massive long blade and handle seperately``
That is not Mo dao, it s bow....... 这个图已经被讨论很多次了, 那是解掉弓弦的弓。 陌刀的实体到现在都没发现,所有有关陌刀样图案都是想象图。

That is not Mo dao, it s bow....... 这个图已经被讨论很多次了, 那是解掉弓弦的弓。 陌刀的实体到现在都没发现,所有有关陌刀样图案都是想象图。

this is mo dao not bow!! look it arefully, i ll show u another picture,
72c6c630d8bc7980a8018ed5.jpg

look its double edged, 如果去掉弓弦的话弓体应该是反过来弯曲的,复合弓都是这样子的
1303754014_8489.jpg

Back
Top Bottom